Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2015 1:43:31 PM EDT
I searched for dupe but it turned up nothin.

I want to get my wife a GPS watch as she has really enjoyed trail running over the past few years. Our fourth child is due today and I know she is going to want to start running again within a couple of months (she has asked for this watch so it won't be an insult )

I'm looking around for an affordable version. I really want to keep it under $150 as long as that will get something reliable that will last. Anyone use one or have any recommendations?

I've seen a couple that I want to look at, but I really don't know what else is out there or where to get the best price.

New Balance GPS Runner 50086 GN $109 and Timex Marathon GPS $125 are two that I found that are in my price range.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You may be looking at a different model, but $85 on Amazon.

Even comes in pink.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What options are you looking for it to have besides being GPS?  HR?  Do you want other features like intervals, what sort of battery life, etc?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What options are you looking for it to have besides being GPS?  HR?  Do you want other features like intervals, what sort of battery life, etc?
View Quote

I think all she really wants is to be able to track her mileage while trail running, so just very basic functionality. Intervals are not necessary. The longer the battery life, the better, but she'll use it 1-3 times per week for an hour or two at a time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think all she really wants is to be able to track her mileage while trail running, so just very basic functionality. Intervals are not necessary. The longer the battery life, the better, but she'll use it 1-3 times per week for an hour or two at a time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't be able to beat the price or functionality of the garmin forerunner 10 then
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Garmin Forerunner 210.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Forerunner-GPS-Enabled-Sport-Monitor/dp/B0045ZPVB4

$149.99 w/heart rate monitor. Right in your budget.

Had mine for almost a year and very happy with it. Now that I've had it I wouldn't want to go back to running w/o it. If I broke it tomorrow I'd order another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top