Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2015 5:34:46 AM EDT
Title says it all...Have a few friends that use them in the form of a fitbit or a watch type device...

I keep going back and forth on getting one, but honestly I think I am doing good with my workouts, and have developed a feel for where my HR is (approximately) at least.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Useful for cardio like running, cycling where sustained effort is common. Otherwise a toy. I am a triathlete and use one all the time,
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, useful for cycling or running, both just for the info, and for training in particular 'zones'.  For cycling, the new hotness though, is Powermeters...but they cost an arm and a leg!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I like them because they provide me objective feedback on how hard I am pushing. But I am not an endurance athlete. If I was, I think heart rate monitors would be a tool in the tool box but things like speed, time and RPE would be far more valuable tools.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I use one with my versaclimber. Very good feedback actually. I can track heart rate vs. speed easily, and easily identify where my ceiling is.

-ZA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top