Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2015 11:10:17 AM EDT
My left side back, hip, glute is extremely tight.  I believe it stems from a badly pulled muscle, not sure which one, but it feels tightest about the 7 o'clock position on my waist and just below my waistline.  I have been to my chiro and everything is lined up, but the muscles are still very tight.

Home remedies have provided some temporary relief.  Foam roller, ibuprofen, dual temp shower, bio freeze, stretching.  They buy me some relief, but it is still noticeable, and not improving with time.

My biggest problem is trying to lift weights.  Because of the disparity in tightness in my back I can't get the bar to set evenly for squats.  I have tried changing grip with with no effect.  Descent and ascent are not even with the left side not wanting to get as deep as the right.  Bench press is an issue also.  The bar is hitting higher on my left side than on my right.  Deadlifts are wonky also.  Press does not seem to be affected much.

I tried squats with just a bar last night and then added weight and things just won't even out.  Same with bench and deadlift.  The left side is tight and throwing things off.  This is after trying warming up and even breaking down and doing some static stretches to try and make things work.

Running, push ups, pull ups, body weight squats are ok.  Once I add weight though things go south quickly.

The next move in my head is a massage therapist and try to get the muscle to not be angry.  I am open to ideas though and appeal to the wisdom of the folks here on getting well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Rest...stretch ...massage....massage ..rest...ice..etc
I had issues like that. Would feel like I got mule kicked in my hip /gluten where my wallet would be.
I kept pushing myself....and ended with a ripped disk and a herniated l4/5.....
Good stretch that workedfor ne is Kay down and cross your legs . Think sitting and crisis one o er your knee. Then pull to you..then in the same position twist to the side (left leg up goes right etc)  hard to describe in words sorry .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I 'self medicated' with ice, stretch, dual temp showers, stretch.  Still not normal, but much better.

Going to try squats tonight with just the bar and add from there.  Any inclination that things are getting wonky and I'll call it good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top