BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am required for run (for work) a mile as part of my annual PT test.  Its based on a points system that includes push ups, sit-ups and pull ups in addition to the run.  I usually double the required 40 in the push ups and situps and the required dead hangs is 3.  I usually do about 10-12.  However, I completely suck at running and typically "run" the mile in around 10 minutes.  More of a trot than a run but it is what it is.  

I would like to do the C25K program on the treadmill at home (convenience) however, the digital display has gone out on the treadmill, so I am in the dark about my speed and distance on the machine.  I downloaded a Nike running app, and it has a beginner's running program but it looks like it starts you out way ahead of where the C25K program does as it has you running a lot farther and faster than what the C25K program appears to suggest.

Are there any apps (iPhone) based on the C25K program that will work on a treadmill?
View Quote

Apps not going to work on a treadmill. You need GPS for it to work. Go outside, it's not that scary out here on the street.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm using MapMyRun.  Here's this morning's effort:

And it keeps track of elevation:

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Damn, 400 foot elevation change. I would be smoked.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, well check out pace vs. elevation.  The road is "Oak Hill Road" - for a reason - it's a damned hill.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
More of a brisk walk than a run but did something different Sunday morning:

Earned myself a couple good blisters:

Walked from my house to my brother's house. Door to door. Always wanted to do it. So I did. Carried about 12 pounds; change of clothes, camelback, handgun, misc.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/AR45fan/46537BAD-B1FB-4369-A4D7-7607532E3293.png

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/AR45fan/F939D299-2FD6-47D1-AB94-74DC7EBC0E77.jpg

Walked from my house to my brother's house. Door to door. Always wanted to do it. So I did. Carried about 12 pounds; change of clothes, camelback, handgun, misc.
View Quote

You need different shoes if you are getting blisters.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Or socks.  

Or body glide.

--

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/AR45fan/46537BAD-B1FB-4369-A4D7-7607532E3293.png

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq331/AR45fan/F939D299-2FD6-47D1-AB94-74DC7EBC0E77.jpg

Nah. It rained twice during the hike. I have good shoes and those Kwik Wick synthetic socks but 26 miles in soggy footwear.... what can you do?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nah. It rained twice during the hike. I have good shoes and those Kwik Wick synthetic socks but 26 miles in soggy footwear.... what can you do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Left out a little info the first go around.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry. Didn't think anyone would be interested in the minutiae.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
in a running thread, camel back and gun were more worthwhile than what socks?!

Eesh.  ;)

gear is gear...
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Eesh.  ;)

gear is gear...
View Quote

Water > socks. Absolutely.

Gun always.

And, honestly, my feet didn't hurt that bad - not bad enough to stop.  I didn't realize I had blisters until I got where I was going and peeled the socks off.  

I'm surprised the blisters is a point of fixation.  They happen.  You telling me in all your years of running and hiking you never got a blister?   Worst part about them is trying to resist the temptation to pop them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Gun always.

And, honestly, my feet didn't hurt that bad - not bad enough to stop.  I didn't realize I had blisters until I got where I was going and peeled the socks off.  

I'm surprised the blisters is a point of fixation.  They happen.  You telling me in all your years of running and hiking you never got a blister?   Worst part about them is trying to resist the temptation to pop them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eesh.  ;)

gear is gear...

Gun always.

I put medical tape over hot spots to avoid blisters.  Half roll of medical tape is easy to carry in any gear bag or backpack.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top