Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a belt from a company called "Best Belts". I don't know how to link on my phone.

EDIT
Link

Dean is super cool and will custom make the belt however you want.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Double rep
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Ohio belt and like it a lot. No experience with any other high end belts though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Inzer 13mm single prong
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Bestbelts "Athlete" single prong.

http://www.bestbelts.net/Powerlifting-Belts/Athlete.aspx

How can you go past a hand-made belt that's cut to the waist measurement that you provide them?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:05:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had a  bestbelt athletic belt for years now. I'd get that over anything else in its price range, even if it's just to support a guy that hand makes quality belts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have the Ohio belt and like it a lot. No experience with any other high end belts though.
View Quote
Same here. Great belt. Broke in rather easily. Looks great.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]

I've got the EliteFTS economy single prong...it's pretty damn stiff.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a belt from a company called "Best Belts". I don't know how to link on my phone.

EDIT
Link

View Quote

+1

I have 2 belts from them.  VERY satisfied.  GREAT belts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#12]
another +1 for the Best Belts. I have the athlete single prong and its been awesome. Going to be ordering a 3" for deadlifts pretty soon
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]

I love you.  I have one of those that someone gave me years ago, and the lever thing broke now I know where to get a new lever!

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#14]
If you are like me and find leather belts uncomfortable then go velcro.
I have a Valeo and it has taken 10 years of hard abuse. Worth every penny and comfortable. I usually keep it on the entire session. Unless I'm doing upper body.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT
Link

+1

Is it weird that I want to buy another one for no reason?

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If you are like me and find leather belts uncomfortable then go velcro.I have a Valeo and it has taken 10 years of hard abuse. Worth every penny and comfortable. I usually keep it on the entire session. Unless I'm doing upper body.

View Quote
It's probably because I crossfit, but I'm a big fan of velcro also.

I don't ever feel like I can get a leather belt tight enough. My 2pood belts have PR'd many lifts, and I know technically speaking a leather might be better but I always seem to be caught "between holes", obviously don't have that issue with velcro.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT
Link

+1

I bought a 3" belt after reading Rip's article on deadlifting belts.  I also lost a few inches around the middle so my 1st belt was running out of holes.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I bought a 3" belt after reading Rip's article on deadlifting belts.  I also lost a few inches around the middle so my 1st belt was running out of holes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT
Link

+1

I have had to drill some new holes in my belt from Dean, and I don't use a belt when I deadlift anymore, Tom Campitelli screamed at me at the seminar in Houston

My hamstrings are so tight that they fight my lower back in the set position of the deadlift, so I was having some trouble getting the lumbar spine in extension.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#19]
The OP wants a belt for exactly the right reason, which is for pushing close to your max on squats and DL.  That's something I learned from ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Just to toss it out there.  I've a 2004 schiek velcro belt that I have no complaints about.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Also as an FYI, it may be better for you to use 2 belts, a 4 inch belt for squats and a 3 inch belt for deads.

Article by Rippetoe:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-belt-and-the-deadlift
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Also as an FYI, it may be better for you to use 2 belts, a 4 inch belt for squats and a 3 inch belt for deads.

Article by Rippetoe:

View Quote

That is what I do I have one of each.  My wife uses a 3" for squats and a velco one for deadlifts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just to toss it out there.  I've a 2004 schiek velcro belt that I have no complaints about.
View Quote

I actually have one of these as well though a newer one I guess. Real good belt, I use it for near 1rm cleans and jerks.  Can't beat heavy leather for squats though IMO.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Article by Rippetoe:

View Quote

I was deadlifting earlier this week with my 4" belt and thinking a 3" might be nice. The tradeoff is I would be afraid people would think I was a Riptard.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the rogue Ohio belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top