Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 12:14:37 PM EDT
The showroom is about 90 minutes from me, I was thinking of going down there and looking at the lower cost power racks they have.

Worth the trip?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've mentioned it before on other forums, but the only New York Barbells piece I've dealt with personally is their plate-loaded seated row machine and it was a complete POS. Crush bent thin-walled tubing made for an extremely wobbly unit, crappy welds, and low-grade vinyl on the upholstery. I buy and sell a good bit of equipment, and I won't touch their stuff now unless it's free or damn close to it.

If you need/want residential-grade equipment, it's hard to go wrong with Body Solid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've mentioned it before on other forums, but the only New York Barbells piece I've dealt with personally is their plate-loaded seated row machine and it was a complete POS. Crush bent thin-walled tubing made for an extremely wobbly unit, crappy welds, and low-grade vinyl on the upholstery. I buy and sell a good bit of equipment, and I won't touch their stuff now unless it's free or damn close to it.

If you need/want residential-grade equipment, it's hard to go wrong with Body Solid.
View Quote

Thanks.

It's tough to find local retailers, and shipping on stuff that large is brutal.

Do any box type stores carry that line?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Look at Titan Distributors
View Quote

I looked them up, but I can't get the page to load.

A friend of mine wants to run to NYB and offered to drive, so I'm gonna go with him and check it out first hand to see the build quality.

I would rather just buy used but I've been striking out on craigslist and facebook for anything related to weights, must not be popular items around here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not realize they are about 15-20 min from my place. I'll have to check them out.

OP, do you live up near Newburgh?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did not realize they are about 15-20 min from my place. I'll have to check them out.

OP, do you live up near Newburgh?
View Quote

Nope, other direction, over by the finger lakes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top