Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 1:48:59 PM EDT
My biggest distraction is when my 'phones fall out of my ears...actually it's ususlly my left ear. I've tried numerous different brands and styles. From the plain Apple headphones to Yurbuds Ironman thst aren't supposed to fall out. They fall out of my left ear. I've been using Monster DNA lately and they also have the ability to let me choose between different ear buds....they fall out of my left ear.

Plus the wire is a hassle. I wear an iPod nano on a band on my forearm and have to snake the wire through under my shirt and through my sleeve and constantly make adjustments.

It's just a very silly problem to have while lifting. That's what I use them for, lifting.

It's gotten to the point where I'm considering getting some if the wireless Beats headphones. I know their sound quality sucks though and I'm concerned about durability but,m they will stay in place and I can concentrate on my lifts rather than putting the thing back in my ear or the wire moving about.
Are there any brands of over the ear you use that you woukd recommend? I like my music loud and I don't like to be distracted by people trying to chat me up??

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you send Yarbuds a pic of your ear next to a quarter? They will send you a custom one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
JLab Go.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Plantronics BackBeat Fit, Apple and Best Buy sells them. I use them lifting weights, running and riding my motorcycle. I have never had a problem with fit or
them falling out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't care for the armband holders, for the reason the OP mentioned.  I'm not much of a fan of wireless speakers while working out either.. they always seem to work out off of my ear.

I thought it would be way worse, but I found clipping my MP3 player to my shirt made it easier.  You can use a small safety pin to hold the headphone wire in place under your shirt.  I just use a Sansa Clip +... which I think is probably one of the best gym mp3 players around.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got the skull candy athletic ones.  Not too impressed so far
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you send Yarbuds a pic of your ear next to a quarter? They will send you a custom one.
View Quote

I've not done this, even so the wire is very bothersome to me. I'm constantly adjudting it. I'd rather just do away with the wires.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Jaybird Freedom Sprint Premium Bluetooth Buds
View Quote

I've considered these, but with ANY buds type design ( even my really expensive Shure phones with foam plugs), the left ear falls out. Even with wrap around designs....my left ear hole must be a very odd shape. Thus is why I'm thinking that over the ear is the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Plantronics BackBeat Fit, Apple and Best Buy sells them. I use them lifting weights, running and riding my motorcycle. I have never had a problem with fit or
them falling out.
View Quote

I will look into these, but they kind of seem like the Yurbuds but with a head band.
Thanks foe the suggestion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't care for the armband holders, for the reason the OP mentioned.  I'm not much of a fan of wireless speakers while working out either.. they always seem to work out off of my ear.

I thought it would be way worse, but I found clipping my MP3 player to my shirt made it easier.  You can use a small safety pin to hold the headphone wire in place under your shirt.  I just use a Sansa Clip +... which I think is probably one of the best gym mp3 players around.
View Quote

I use one of the previous gen nano, the small square one. It has a built in clip. I've tried clipping it to my hat, to my shirt sleeve and shirt bottom....no luck. So the arm band is the best solution, even though it only fits my forearm. But going to a nice Bluetooth headset would eliminate this as I can just stream music from my iPhone which is anyways in my gym bag which is always near by.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I went to Target and listened to the Beats Studio Wireless....since I'm no huge audiophile, I do like clean, crisp sounding music. To my ears these sounded fine and they went loud. My only concern is durability as one of the display model had a can that was snapped. I don't mind spending the insane amount for them but I want them to last.
I know....first world problems. Wish I could go back to my yellow Sony Sports Walkman and Metallica mix tape!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Bose QC20 when I lift, Bose SoundSport when I run

They never fall out, and I've had problems with other, cheaper headphones, falling out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Motorola S10-HD  I've been using them for a couple years now and they work fine lifting weights, running, etc.  I assume the volume level has a lot to do with the actual device they're synced with.  With my iPhone they're super loud when I crank it up, with my Kindle Fire they're loud enough but sometimes the treadmill muddles the sound.  Either way I'd buy another pair if these ever crapped out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Just an update in case anyone is interested...I ordered the Beats Studio wireless, while they are expensive I used my AMEX points for them. Thus far I love em. They sound great and most important they don't dall off my ear like the beds do. They are light weight so I can hardly feel them on. The noise canceling works well also to drown out ambient noise in the gym. I keep my phone in my bag and am able to walk around 30 feet or so with no issues. Plus no wires to get tangled up with is a great plus.

Again, they are expensive, especially for gym headphones....but they help me keep my concentration so to me they are well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top