Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 11:12:06 AM EDT
So I worked 12 hours yesterday, and got home and had a friend call me once I showerd and changed.  His well pump went out. So at 6:30 we started getting the damn thing out. His well is very old, 150' piping was 1 1/2" galvanized steel. We used a latter and a come-along. By 12:30 it was out. I was soaked, frozen (20 degrees) and exhausted. We got the new one in about 1:00 this morning. At one point the cable we secured to the well pipe broke and the thing came down on my finger, it's broken. So I don't think I am going to adding weight today.  Anyone think I will screw up SS by taking it a bit easy today?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Your situation is why training plans need to be written in pencil, not pen.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thankfully I should be able to get my squats in pretty easily, bar gripping exercises are gonna suck. I am freaking exhausted though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Just take a day off.  Then get back on normal  schedule next week.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just take a day off.  Then get back on normal  schedule next week.
View Quote

Going to at least squat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
SS workout B was rough. I did add 5lbs to my squat work. But the press and power cleans sucked. I could feel my finger pop in and out of set when I got the clean to the top position. I reduced the weight on the clean to 80% and survived. Now I am going to eat some salmon and brown rice and take a nap.

I am glad I went, but not sure it was a great idea. It is nice to know though that I can push through some pain
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You are an adult and unique.

But please, don't do that again.

Your body may unconsciously compensate for pain, and your form for pushing, pulling, lifting, etc. may contribute to asymmetric loading.  You might hurt yourself by bulling through pain for a single day's schedule continuity (especially being fatigued AND with a minor injury of your finger is broken).

Everything in moderation.  Pulling the well motor and all the physical work you did worked BECAUSE you train.  Don't injure yourself after the real work because you want to maintain an administrative workout schedule you put down on paper.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You are an adult and unique.

But please, don't do that again.

Your body may unconsciously compensate for pain, and your form for pushing, pulling, lifting, etc. may contribute to asymmetric loading.  You might hurt yourself by bulling through pain for a single day's schedule continuity (especially being fatigued AND with a minor injury of your finger is broken).

Everything in moderation.  Pulling the well motor and all the physical work you did worked BECAUSE you train.  Don't injure yourself after the real work because you want to maintain an administrative workout schedule you put down on paper.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
No worries, brother.  It's WHY we train.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#9]
You have to listen to your own body. Somedays you should push it, somedays it needs more rest / time to recover.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You have to listen to your own body. Somedays you should push it, somedays it needs more rest / time to recover.
View Quote

Even Tuesday's workout was tough, but I made it through with adding my progress weights. It felt like someone added another 20lbs to each set.  Now today on the other hand, I killed it again, everything felt awesome!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
i hear ya, but i always try to get inspiration from others

i get mine from this animal

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:56:27 AM EDT
[#12]
You can take an active rest day if you feel the need to keep the schedule going.  Foam roll and mobility work, and some light rowing or jogging to get the blood pumping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top