Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 5:51:43 PM EDT
So I've been doing the paleo diet and such and have dropped 60 lbs so far, mostly fresh meats and veggies, minimal milk and bread and pasta , as I'm Italian but if I don't have any of those after a while I'm a walking snickers commercial / "hangry" lol. Anyways when I first started last year flax seed was the thing to have in your diet for the omega 3 and I think omega 6 and Dha plus some extra fiber. I don't do coffee so I can't do the bulletproof coffee with MCT oil to get the same effect. But I'm seeing a lot of the paleo /keto / whole30 people switching to chia seed as they are saying it's more nutrient dense than flax seed and wanting to see what your guys input is. I also do take a liquid multivitamin to round out the nutrition(looks and tastes like swamp water so I know it's effective lol )
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.prevention.com/which-healthier-chia-seeds-or-flax-seeds

I prefer flax seeds, but the two are fairly close.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually mix chia seed with my preworkout when I think about it, mix it early in the morning, makes sort of a jellywater in the cup, it's pretty cool and i like it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Are we talking about the things they make pets out of?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are we talking about the things they make pets out of?
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]
arent they supposed to help keep you hydrated? I seem to remember hearing or reading that somewhere, I've got a shit ton sitting in my pantry but I've gotten really really bad about hydrating properly, much less adding stuff to what I drink. back in the bad habit of just sucking off a coffee mug every time I pass a coffee pot
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#8]
they seem to be a staple in the Mexican indian runners. we sprinkle them on all sorts of stuff. they make a pretty good almond milk pudding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top