Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2014 1:09:47 PM EDT
what is a good supplement  to take? I'm currently taking sixstar explosion as my first, but it doesn't do much.

Assault and C4 look like they might be better.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
C4 is good stuff.  Orange is my favorite.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I love C4. Strawberry Margarita and Pink Lemonade are good. I didn't like pineapple.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I love C4. Strawberry Margarita and Pink Lemonade are good. I didn't like pineapple.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strawberry M. is my second favorite.    Haven't tried pineapple, but watermelon and fruit punch are both good as well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#4]
coffee.

Yes I'm serious. Use that hardcore shit like NO xplode and you can eventually burn out your adrenaline glands. Enjoy your 2 year plateau if you do.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
coffee.

Yes I'm serious. Use that hardcore shit like NO xplode and you can eventually burn out your adrenaline glands. Enjoy your 2 year plateau if you do.
View Quote

OOoooook.

ErgoBlast by ErgoGenix is one I recently tried that I really liked.  Good flavor too (the mango one).

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

OOoooook.

ErgoBlast by ErgoGenix is one I recently tried that I really liked.  Good flavor too (the mango one).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
coffee.

OOoooook.

linky 1

Linky 2

Guy talking about overtraining leading to adrenal burnout (guess what happens when you slam pre workout all the time yeah you overtrain)

Doctor talking about getting adrenale fatigue through regular living much less caffenine bombardment

Do I need to keep going or no?

ETA I will concede my 2 year plateau comment was hyperbole.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
coffee.

OOoooook.

linky 1

Linky 2

Guy talking about overtraining leading to adrenal burnout (guess what happens when you slam pre workout all the time yeah you overtrain)

Doctor talking about getting adrenale fatigue through regular living much less caffenine bombardment

I guess that's why they say to cycle it on the side of the jar.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
C4 watermelon is my go to... Feel the tingle, start lifting....

ZA
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Xtend, creatine, Beta-Alanine, caffeine to taste!  

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#10]
ive been doing coffee, chocolate whey protein, carbo-gain, and some creatine. start a little before the workout and drink it the whole time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:24:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
coffee.

OOoooook.

linky 1

Linky 2

Your own link suggests cycling it.

Preworkouts lead to overtraining? No, being a dumbass leads to overtraining.

ETA- I take some type of BCAA + caffeine and I cycle creatine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I like EVP Plus
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
coffee or caffeine pills

I dont fuck with c4 anymore. The negatives outweigh the positives, for me anyway.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
coffee or caffeine pills

I dont fuck with c4 anymore. The negatives outweigh the positives, for me anyway.
View Quote

What do you mean?
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the advocare spark, it taste good and doesn't make you too jittery.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I stack both Cellucors C4 and their BCAA's. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#20]
FUCKING C4 WILL MAKE YOU WANNA PUNCH THOR IN THE BALLLLLLZZZZZ

I LOVE THAT SHIT
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Original NO-XPLODE isn't bad on the guts. The NO new formula just tears ppl up.

The past few days I tried a new product by EVL called ENGN. I'm impressed. It gives you a slight tingle, but not as crazy as NO. Focus is really good. Best of all it has not given me bubble guts at all.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#22]
C4
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been using C4 since mid summer.  I'm now a fan.  I'm able to complete some very intense workouts now; the most important part for me is that I complete all my assistance work.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Betancourt Bullnox. The watermelon tastes like liquid jolly rancher. Not to mention that it gives you a little boost in the bedroom.
I believe it to be one of the better values. Great energy and concentration. Good pump. Aggression in the gym is pretty good. Not too expensive either.

Negatives- is that it's a big scoop. Proprietary Blend kind of sucks because id like to know exactly how much of everything is in there.  

My preworkout stack currently is

Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Jack'd Up(solid preworkout)

Puris Labs Noxygen(pump booster)

Pro Labs Horny Goat Weed.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

C4 Mojito is delicious..damn this stuff tastes just like the drink.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Coffee and a babnana or a small snickers bar. I don't like putting all kinds of crap in my system and getting a case of nerves is not good for my type of workout.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Coffee and a babnana or a small snickers bar. I don't like putting all kinds of crap in my system and getting a case of nerves is not good for my type of workout.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I used JACK3D, you can still buy the original advanced formula, just dont over do it. I focus it on chest days mostly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I used JACK3D, you can still buy the original advanced formula, just dont over do it. I focus it on chest days mostly.
View Quote

Just a PSA  new Jack3D sucks. It made me start sneezing uncontrollably.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I went with "Iron Pump" this go around, it seems to do the trick so far and has most of the same stuff as Assault(same company) but is a little cheaper. The six star was absolute shit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I've just been using coffee lately, easier on the wallet and just mixing it up.

Muscle Pharm Assault eats my stomach up.
C4 gave me a solid pump like others have said.
1MR worked for a while but didn't feel that good of a pump on it.
I've wanted to give JYM but haven't had chance.

A good non caffeine one is iForce Hemavol
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#33]
stimul8

gameday

og hyde
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#34]
For the guys who just do coffee/caffeine. I would suggest buying a bottle of Noxygen and using that in conjunction. Stimulant free, only helps to give you a better pump.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I have tried Noxplode. I didn't like it. I have also used nDuRe from truenutriton.com. That stuff is like pure energy. Coffee is good too..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#36]
C4 and it's available at Costco.  Good price and works well for days I need the extra motivation.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, here goes nothing.

Shaker was free for dropping over $100.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Even if you just watch it for pure entertainment factor, I really enjoyed this supplement review.

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I really like the NO-Xplode. I take a double serving since the single really didn't do anything.

Side effects, for some reason it makes my lungs and sinuses burn. I'm guessing since it's been a little chilly and I lift in the garage mixed with the vasodiolators or something. Weird feeling. Goes away after ten minutes though.

Just guessing. Other than that, good pump, intense workout and good flavor. Might try the C4 Next but at least now I have something to compare to.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#40]
30g Dextrose
15g Whey
1g L-Tyrosine
5g Creatine
5g Beta Alanine
200-300mg caffeine
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I took 1 scoop of C4 for awhile, I didn't feel like it did anything. No face tingles really and I didn't feel more energy.  I drank plenty of water with it.

After I used the container up I switched to GNC Pro Sculpt, which has more CLA's and amino acids and stuff and isn't geared just toward amping you up.  Funny thing is I feel way more energized from it, and it makes me feel super hungry.  It's expensive but I already buy iso define and they had buy one get on half off that compounded with my coupon and member card so it was only like 19 bucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top