Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2014 7:06:30 PM EDT
For those interested.  Started early this week, but now they're getting into the heavy categories through the weekend.  Might see some crazy lifting and some new world records.

Team USA off to a tough start.  Team points will decide how many spots each country will get in Rio in '16.
Derrick Johnson - 62kg - 14th
Travis Cooper - 77kg - 20th
James Tatum - 77kg - Bombed

Morghan King - 48kg - 11th
Cortney Batchelor - 58kg - 20th
Geralee Vega - 63kg - 17th

Too bad for Tatum, went from a 150 to 158 snatch for the US record and missed then bombed the clean and jerk.

Best all around coverage and links to live feeds:
http://www.allthingsgym.com/

Some highlights so far.

Klokov decided to take 200 for a ride in the training hall, fuck....

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Thanks man. I saw that 200kg snatch earlier...damn.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
85kg A Group

One of the most competitive classes this year.  Even Milko finished 41st.  Went 137/168 in the D group.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't know Tatum bombed. That guy is strong. Strong strong strong.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't know Tatum bombed. That guy is strong. Strong strong strong.
View Quote

And only been lifting since '11.  Hope he stays healthy and him and Cooper push each other to the world stage.

Oooohhhh.  Just saw Tatum's C&J attempt.  Scroll down to second post:
http://wlforums.com/forums/showthread.php?67-The-Video-Thread/page68

EDIT:

Colin Burns - 94kg went 169/193 - 362 for 14th and a new American snatch record
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Great thread! I'm a weakling.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
94 A Group

Now with more backflips.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
85kg A Group

http://youtu.be/CyDHqbYwaSk

One of the most competitive classes this year.  Even Milko finished 41st.  Went 137/168 in the D group.
View Quote

This would be my weight class.

I suck at life
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I suck at life
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
85kg A Group

I suck at life

Shit, I'd have trouble going up against the 48kg women.......

The 94's really go to show you can snatch big all you want but all bets are off when someone puts up a monster clean and jerk.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The 94's really go to show you can snatch big all you want but all bets are off when someone puts up a monster clean and jerk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
85kg A Group

I suck at life

I'm watching the 48kg women now. So far I have them all beat...but not by much. We'll just pretend like I don't weigh 75 more pounds than them

ETA- Also I am in love with the 48kg women.

Yes, all of them. Assuming over 18.

ETA2- Also the 53kg women
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
You see Burns Snatch (169kg)?...  go america and prior University of Michigan strength coach...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You see Burns Snatch (169kg)?...  go america and prior University of Michigan strength coach...
View Quote

'Merica!  Awesome lift.

Glad he took the record from Vardanian, Norik is a great lifter but belongs under an Armenian flag.

Even better is the Kendrick Ferris butthurt.  Colin beat Ferris at the American Open this year and then Ferris was made an alternate for the World's to make room for Davis and Osorio as 105's.  I guess Ferris did a live feed session from his home while the 94's lifted yesterday.

EDIT:
105's from last night

EDIT2:
That was an awesome session, doesn't get much better than that.

EDIT3:
Spoiler alert, but this is a great vid, just watch the crowd (guess you can't embed instagram )
http://instagram.com/p/vbfSdVMvbs/?modal=true

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#12]
What is the Kendrick Farris butthurt your talking about? I've heard the guy on the Barbell Shrugged podcast and he seemed super cool and down to earth.

That 242kg lift by Illya is awesome. Whenever I try and explain to people why olympic lifting requires so much skill and speed I show them his lifts because he moves at such a lightning speed. Im sure hes not actually moving faster than anyone else at that level but you can really see it in his technique.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What is the Kendrick Farris butthurt your talking about? I've heard the guy on the Barbell Shrugged podcast and he seemed super cool and down to earth.

That 242kg lift by Illya is awesome. Whenever I try and explain to people why olympic lifting requires so much skill and speed I show them his lifts because he moves at such a lightning speed. Im sure hes not actually moving faster than anyone else at that level but you can really see it in his technique.
View Quote

Lifting in your home country, two consecutive world records before him and one do or die lift.  And now he's still undefeated in international competition.  That was a fucking amazing session.

Farris has made some very poor comments regarding international lifters and teams.  His "god bless the gym" and "kings of weightlifting" also have rubbed some the wrong way.  He's an American record holder and Olympian, but he peaked long ago as an 85.  I'm pretty sure Farris isn't really impressed with Ilyin's 242.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top