Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 2:31:38 PM EDT
We all see a number of people that complain of PED use yet in the very next breath
talk about all manner of supplements they use.  

One common thread is finding supplements that work where work is defined as helping
to build muscle.

Where is the line between a supplement that is "OK" to be used and a supplement that
is "not OK" to be used?

I am not talking about legalities of supplements, only this notion that some sups are good, others
are de facto bad.  What logic allows some of you to say you don't want to be unnatural yet are willing
to cram you body with chemicals that make you stronger than if you had not taken the supplement?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll bite:

Anything that artificially supplements or augments my endocrine system is "no good".

And I'll go on record right now to say I could not give a shit about PEDs, I give a shit about being healthy and strong. If I could go to my family doc and be like "Doc, bro, I need me some gaaaaaaaaaaainz" and him say "No problem TheRex, here's a prescription for some muscles in a syringe, you'll need to come in once a month to make sure everything's cool." I would do that in a heartbeat, provided it gave me real and lasting improvement.

I mean, PEDs just make the work you do give better results. The "common man" thinks you just get a shot in your ass and muscles pop out. You still have to work. So if it were legal and safe, with no or little risk of long term health repercussions, I'd take damn near anything.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't care. Let everyone use anything.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

their body let them use what they want.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't really give a shit what people do.

With that said, there is a difference between taking a supplement...that supplements your diet...(BCAAs, protein) and a supplements that "unnaturally" increase certain hormones.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
let people do what they want.

they're adults, not children.

Shit... are steroids really any worse than cigarettes or alcohol?...  Honestly?...  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Use whatever they want. Bro
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, let adults do what they want.

Honestly, I'd try roids if it weren't for the needles.  
I am a huge pussy about needles and probably wouldn't use one on myself to save my life.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#9]
At least wait til 25 or so.

Once you start you will be stuck with them forever.

Don't do retarded crossfit shit and squat like god intended you to and It prolly wont be an issue.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Honestly, people here are more open minded than I "assumed".  

And while roids are the most obvious drug to talk about I really
mean it more broadly than that. I literally mean anything.

And one thing Dr's seem to miss is their responsibility
is not what I am talking about.  I am talking about the individual
and his body.  Nothing else.  I do think others should have
no say whatsoever when it comes to my body.

PS:  I am anti-abortion, pro-choice for the same reason,
that and religion (bible believing Christian), but that is a different sub-forum.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, Some athlets that I deal with are professional and collegiate, which sometimes makes my decision on which medication to prescribe them very difficult.

The world anti-doping association is strict as funk, and often these athletes are tested and banned from using some meds that i would otherwise have prescribed them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
At least wait til 25 or so.

Once you start you will be stuck with them forever.

Don't do retarded crossfit shit and squat like god intended you to and It prolly wont be an issue.
View Quote

Great advice, BRO.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, Some athlets that I deal with are professional and collegiate, which sometimes makes my decision on which medication to prescribe them very difficult.

The world anti-doping association is strict as funk, and often these athletes are tested and banned from using some meds that i would otherwise have prescribed them.
View Quote

Well, come on Doc.  400mg of cyp a week might be a bit much for a little lethargy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't use them, but I have zero problems with people who do, including athletes. They make the game "unfair?" There's no such thing as fair, because without roids/GH and whatever else, pro sports is basically the genetic lottery.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well, come on Doc.  400mg of cyp a week might be a bit much for a little lethargy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Migh as well bump it up to 500mg.  You don't fuck around with lethargy.

OP, I don't think you got the answer to what you were asking...or maybe you did.

The line is drawn by the government or sports body.  It's a shame when someone like DT can't treat a patient because the ruling committee says something is an infraction.

If I could start my own sports league, you would be mandated to take roids.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#18]
And with all that lethargy, you're bound to have muscle wasting. .. better bump the dose to 600mg to adequately mitigate that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wish you were my doctor.

View Quote

I bet he does "distance diagnosis" and prescription writing...right doc?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's really just on me to get the bloodwork done...

Wait a sec...

Are you a narc?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish you were my doctor.

I bet he does "distance diagnosis" and prescription writing...right doc?

It's really just on me to get the bloodwork done...

Wait a sec...

Are you a narc?

Of course not. I think smoking the roids is cool and I've been doing it for years.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Distance diagnosis? Nope. I'd require a face to face office visit and lab work to do so. ;)

220?  That's almost female.   lol.  Look into clomid...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Clomid. For more than just PCT.

Longterm, low dose protocols for test boosting.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So if it were legal and safe, with no or little risk of long term health repercussions, I'd take damn near anything.
View Quote

This is the correct answer.  I struggled for several years with undiagnosed low testosterone and like most guys in this country, even though I'm being treated, it's inadequate to the point of medical malpractice.  At one point my insurance refused to pay and I went weeks without any supplementation.  I can honestly say those were the worst weeks of my life.  I probably have a pretty good idea what a major depressive episode feels like after that.  I did the IncreasemyT regimen until I got the insurance bit straightened out and went back to Androgel.  A songwriter coined the term "......It's better to burn out than to fade away...." and after my unmedicated period...I've adopted that philosophy.  If I had the financial means, I go whole hog at one of those anti-aging clinics and I'd be juiced to the gills.....with whatever is legal, effective and safe.  

When I was diagnosed, probably 6+ years ago, my T was 209.  When I did the self-injections last year, 200mg/week for 10 weeks only got me into the 900's and I was just starting to "good".  I shudder to think what my T was during those weeks I wasn't able to supplement.  Probably double digit.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But seriously, my normal test was at 200 or 220 about two years ago.
View Quote

Mine was 273 5 years ago.

Do they not have T-Clinics in TNT?  They advertise that on the radio now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I think when I went on TRT mine was 211. I was a fucking wreck. Somewhere around 250 I started loosing mental focus, and weight in the gym. I put it off for too damn long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top