Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 9:53:58 PM EDT
Im 31 years old, a few weeks ago my elbows started to hurt. I tried icing them in a bucket of ice water a few times but it gave me sharp shocking pains in my elbows for some reason. I've laid off of weight lifting for now. I've taken it easy at work letting my employees do the stuff that irritates them.

Any tips ? Ibuprofin a few times a day ? Maybe those gel packs you put in a freezer since the bucket of ice water sends shooting pains through my elbows ? Any elbow wraps for compression that may do the trick ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
This may seem counter intuitive but light curls and tricep extensions with bands and cables actually helps. Ibuprofen helps. Icing helps. But keeping the joint wrapped and isolated, not moving it doesn't help. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy one of those goofy little bands they sell for tennis elbow, they help take the pressure off of the tendons.   Go to the doctor.

I ignored mine for almost 8 years.  It's now an every day pain, even after pain killers, muscle relaxers, physical therapy and cortisone injections.

Of all of them, the cortisone does help.  I refuse to have surgery at the moment, so there's that.

You're going to need to lay off of it until it heals.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
This helped me.

You're being smart about laying off already. I let it get to the point of being painful to open doors and use a steering wheel before I decided something was wrong. Took about 2 months to clear up at that point. Also make sure once it's gone to work back into training slowly; otherwise it will come back worse than ever.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out voodoo floss. I struggled with it for years off and on. I do a lot of Crossfit and really started to have trouble. A few sessions with the floss and I've been pain free for nearly a year. Hard to explain it until you try it. There are plenty of YouTube videos to check out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top