Fran
21-15-9
95# Thrusters
Pullups

8:20

I had to do jumping pullups
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
It was about 100 degrees out today, so, i figured I'd give Murph a try.  I set up my pull-up bar outside (in the sun) and let it warm up real good before I started.

Only passed out twice but I finished.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's what I'm doing today.  Sounds pretty bad.  I'll update with the results.  
1. Conditioning
“31 Heroes”

Teams of 2 complete AMRAP 31:
8 Thrusters, 155/105
6 Rope Climbs, 15'
11 Box Jumps, 30/24
One athlete works on the triplet at a time while the second athlete completes a 400m run w/sandbag (45/35 lbs.). Once the run is done, the athletes switch roles and continues the AMRAP where with first athlete left off.

Eta:  subbed rope climbs for strict pull-ups to save hands for a comp wod on Monday.  Also carried a 45# bumper plate on the run.  Tough 31 minutes .  Got 8 and a half rounds.  About 1 round per run throughout.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#6]
1. Snatch
EMOMx12: 1 Squat Snatch
Mins 1-2-3 @ 75%
Mins 4-5-6 @ 80%
Mins 7-8-9 @ 85%
Min 10 @ 90%
Mins 11-12 @ 85%

(165/175/185/195/205/185)

4. Gymnastics Conditioning
4 sets of 12-15 unbroken Kipping HSPU, rest as little as needed to get the next set, but you must get at least 12 reps.

(Done.)

Didn't do the comp wod yet I was supposed to do today.  Put that off until tomorrow.  Because Monday.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Back squat- worked up to 245 x 10,  then 3 x 10 @ 205

10 minute AMRAP

2 deadlifts @ 185
4 pullups
6 abmat situps

9 rounds

It's always the WODs that look easy on paper that do me in.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Did the first wod in the open part of an upcoming competition.

4 RFT

500 m row
10 wall balls
10 hang cleans at 135#

(12:59 Rx)

I knew this was going to be bad, since it has 2000 meters of rowing and all.  But damn.  That fourth round was hell.  Would have been on the lower end of 12 had I not stopped several times in the 4th.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Took advantage of the weightlifting class my CF gym has.  It was nice to take my time on the snatch and not have the met con looming.  

Snatch from hang - worked up to 40kg x 5, then backed off to 35 kg x 5 x 3 sets

Snatch grip deadlifts with super slow eccentrics
5x5 w/  35 kg

Bent over row
5x5 w/ 35kg

Prone planks
3 x 30 sec
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
2. Strength
5×5 Pausing Overhead Thrusters, climbing up in weight each set. Must pause for 2 full seconds at the top of every rep.

(115/135/155/175/185)  The 185 set was nasty.  

3. Gymnastics Conditioning
3 sets of 5 unbroken bar MUs

Random strongman stuff
Farmer's pick and hold at 140 each.  Held for 2:00 on first, 1:00 on second
215# atlas stone clean 2x5

Thought about redoing the open wod from yesterday, but really had no motivation to do it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Push press-  worked up to set of 10 @ 155, then 2 sets of 10 @ 125

5 rounds for time + EMOM 20 single unders

4 shoulder to overhead - 95#
8 front squat 95#

5:42

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Meathead day

5x2 bench at 275#
weighted strict dead hang pullups w/ 45# plate
bro curls
3x8 ring pushups
6x16 situps
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
After 3 days in a row of involving some squat movement,  today…

I did more squats.

Worked up to 235 x 9, then 5 x 10 @ 155

My right oblique began cussing me out so I called it a day.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 2:52:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Didn't get to do it today, but our box workout was just plain mean. It was basically "DT" but Murph style - Run 1 mile, DT, Run 1 mile.

Not sure who, but somebody must have made the coach mad at us for that one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#15]
did the open comp wod 2:

12 min amrap

4 push press 135#
8 ring pushups; chest to abmat
12 goblet squats w/ 53# kb
16 abmat situps

Got 5 + 35 rounds / 235 reps.  I could have gotten more but for situps.  I get a charlie horse in my upper abs when doing a lot of situps.  I kept feeling it coming on in the later rounds, so I had to keep backing off.  I hate situps.

Then did 5x3 back squats at 275.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 I get a charlie horse in my upper abs when doing a lot of situps.  I kept feeling it coming on in the later rounds, so I had to keep backing off.  I hate situps.

View Quote

Same thing happens to me; it's like I can't move when it comes on.

Today was more 5/3/1 inspired action.  I think this will be how I train for the foreseeable future; maybe drop in on a CF class once a week or every other week.

Bench - worked up to 205 x 6, then 5 sets of 10 @ 135
Cable row - 5 x 10

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#17]

The other hand isn't any better. Hip snatches.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/KkUc0cV.jpg

View Quote

I get the same tear right below my pinky finger every single freakin time I do snatches in high volume.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I get the same tear right below my pinky finger every single freakin time I do snatches in high volume.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hook grip and tape your thumbs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny you mention that, I believe its actually the hook grip that gives me the problems. I have smaller hands for a guy, so I feel like when I use the hook grip it creates just enough of a gap in the edge of my hand for the knurling to create friction and create blisters/tears.

Granted, im far from a pro, and other than the training I got in my Level 1 I don't have much extra training in the Oly lifts.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Funny you mention that, I believe its actually the hook grip that gives me the problems. I have smaller hands for a guy, so I feel like when I use the hook grip it creates just enough of a gap in the edge of my hand for the knurling to create friction and create blisters/tears.

Granted, im far from a pro, and other than the training I got in my Level 1 I don't have much extra training in the Oly lifts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have meathooks, that's probably why it works so well for me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Saturday:

Redid this open comp wod:

12 min amrap

4 push press 135#
16 abmat situps

Got 18 more reps: (6+12 rounds)

Today:

The open comp wod 3:

7 mins to find 1RM deadlift

rest 1 minute

max HRPUs for 3 minutes

(425 + 66 HRPUs)

Weaksauce.  Either I've lost strength, or just wasn't feeling it.  I haven't tried to 1RM in a while, but I hit 405 for 5RM a few weeks ago.  I had hoped to hit 450.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Saturday:

12 min amrap

4 push press 135#
16 abmat situps

Today:

The open comp wod 3:

rest 1 minute

max HRPUs for 3 minutes

(425 + 66 HRPUs)

Weaksauce.  Either I've lost strength, or just wasn't feeling it.  I haven't tried to 1RM in a while, but I hit 405 for 5RM a few weeks ago.  I had hoped to hit 450.
View Quote

How are you developing your program?  I see that it's mostly strength based with some variety.  The local CF box doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to the WODs, which is the biggest reason I haven't bothered with it.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How are you developing your program?  I see that it's mostly strength based with some variety.  The local CF box doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to the WODs, which is the biggest reason I haven't bothered with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saturday:

12 min amrap

4 push press 135#
16 abmat situps

Today:

The open comp wod 3:

rest 1 minute

max HRPUs for 3 minutes

(425 + 66 HRPUs)

Me and my training partners follow CFNE "Competitor's Training".  Same program followed by Fraser, who got 2nd at the games and the chick who got first.  And many others who did very well.  We follow the open programming.  Make sure you read the FAQs if you are interested.  It's tough for sure.  But it will get you in great shape.

http://competitorstraining.com/

ETA:  those two workouts above are for a competition, and not from my program, FYI.  I have one more wod for the online portion of this competition, and then I find out if I qualify for the on site competition.  Not looking good so far however, it's been tougher than I thought.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Me and my training partners follow CFNE "Competitor's Training".  Same program followed by Fraser, who got 2nd at the games and the chick who got first.  And many others who did very well.  We follow the open programming.  Make sure you read the FAQs if you are interested.  It's tough for sure.  But it will get you in great shape.

ETA:  those two workouts above are for a competition, and not from my program, FYI.  I have one more wod for the online portion of this competition, and then I find out if I qualify for the on site competition.  Not looking good so far however, it's been tougher than I thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saturday:

12 min amrap

4 push press 135#
16 abmat situps

Today:

The open comp wod 3:

rest 1 minute

max HRPUs for 3 minutes

(425 + 66 HRPUs)

Dude, you whine about only getting a 400+ pound dead after you do crushing WODs every day (even the non-comp ones would crush me if I tried them that frequently.  Once a year I could handle), me trying those would be like expecting to shoot like Miculek just because I have a Smith revolver.  I'm going to stick with the Wendler program for the next 6-9 months and just get a really good base of strength while I learn the Oly lifts.  Then I'll see if I can make a fool of myself on this stuff.

I have a friend who has been doing CF at the local gym for nearly a year now and his squat is still in the 220-250 range- and he started at 200.  He can sort of do a PVC OHS now, but little improvements on strength.  I just don't see the point if you aren't improving in anything but box jumps and burpees.  The highest squat in the gym is 395lbs.  I've been lifting for 8 months and I'm nearly that far, so I just think they have a severe programming problem.  This is a town of 2,500 so it's not like the talent pool is very deep, and the gym is only a year old now.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
snip
Dude, you whine about only getting a 400+ pound dead after you do crushing WODs every day (even the non-comp ones would crush me if I tried them that frequently.  Once a year I could handle), me trying those would be like expecting to shoot like Miculek just because I have a Smith revolver.  I'm going to stick with the Wendler program for the next 6-9 months and just get a really good base of strength while I learn the Oly lifts.  Then I'll see if I can make a fool of myself on this stuff.

I have a friend who has been doing CF at the local gym for nearly a year now and his squat is still in the 220-250 range- and he started at 200.  He can sort of do a PVC OHS now, but little improvements on strength.  I just don't see the point if you aren't improving in anything but box jumps and burpees.  The highest squat in the gym is 395lbs.  I've been lifting for 8 months and I'm nearly that far, so I just think they have a severe programming problem.  This is a town of 2,500 so it's not like the talent pool is very deep, and the gym is only a year old now.

View Quote

It just depends on what your goals are.  My program has a goal of doing better in competitive CF, which means doing well in metcons and still retaining enough strength to do well on the heavy lifts, and oly lifts, when they are thrown in.  Also, in competitive CF, the weights have been getting heavier and heavier.  It's all around strength and conditioning.  

If your goal is just straight up strength, or oly lifting, you would be disappointed because you'd be doing way too much conditioning.  So my strength has suffered compared to when I was just training strongman.  But I've leaned out a lot, and my conditioning has really improved to the point to where I am now becoming limited by my range of motion.  Being tall, I'm just slower at most movements.  But I can knock out 50 or 60 chest to bar pullups, or 5 muscle ups in a row, or 10 HSPUs in a row, whereas I couldn't when I was training just strength.  But the point is, when called on to do a wod with these random movements, I can get through them, and get through them faster.  It's just a different type of being fit.

As far as strength in my gym, the top guys are back squatting in the mid 4's, DL around 5 usually.  At a competition the other day, one dude DL'ed 600.  It's a balancing act of conditioning vs. strength.  Some of the dedicated guys do amazingly well with both.  I'm still learning.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#27]
1. Clean and Jerk
A. EMOMx10: 1 Rep, climbing

(155/175/185/195/205/215/225/230/235/240/245)

2. Strength
5×3 Front Squats

(185/205/225/245/275)

3. Conditioning
“Nate”
AMRAP 20:
2 Muscle ups
4 HSPU (on 25# bumpers)
8 KBS, 70/53

7+5 rounds
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Strength:
Front Squats:

1x3@60% (235)

1x2@70% (270)

1x2@80% (305)

2x2@90% (345)

2x2@80% (305)

Metcon:

10! Deficit HSPU / Weighted Pistols (35#)

I subbed the HSPU for ring pushups, which I am not convinced were any easier...but the pistols were murder.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Strength:Front Squats:
1x3@60% (235)
1x2@70% (270)
1x2@80% (305)
2x2@90% (345)
2x2@80% (305)

Metcon:
10! Deficit HSPU / Weighted Pistols (35#)

I subbed the HSPU for ring pushups, which I am not convinced were any easier...but the pistols were murder.
View Quote

Putting me to shame on the front squats.  I did a ring pushup wod a couple of posts up.  Its amazing how hard it is on your shoulders.

Did some deadlifts, to just see if I was feeling a little frogier than 425.  Worked up to 405 for a few reps, but it felt so damn heavy, I didn't bother putting anymore weight on.

1. Conditioning
Teams of 3:
AMRAP 20:
200m Run (together)
40 Squat Cleans* – one athlete works at a time

*Every 40 reps the weights increase: 115/80, 135/95, 155/105, 185/135, then max reps at 205/145

(Team of 3: 160 reps Rx)  

After my first set of 10 squat cleans at 115, I knew this was going to be awful, and it was.

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Putting me to shame on the front squats.

View Quote
yeah well, I really really really want 400 and since I can't go overhead I've just been squatting.

Squats and lunges and squats.

How far did you get on that ladder in 20 minutes?

Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
yeah well, I really really really want 400 and since I can't go overhead I've just been squatting.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putting me to shame on the front squats.

Finished the reps of 185, started to run, but didn't get to the first rep of 205.  It was about to get real if time didn't run out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Did the final open wod of the comp I'm in.  Was shocked to see MUs in it.  I should get extra credit.

For time (25 min time cap):

40 box jump overs (must jump) 24"

30 snatch from floor at 115#

20 bar facing burpees (must jump, both feet)

10 Bar Muscle-ups

(16:26 Rx)

Should have been about 11 or 12 minutes.

I got through the burpees at around the 10:00 mark, and then was jello starting the MUs.  I thought I'd do a set of 5.  Nope.  Did singles, started missing.  Then hit a wall at 7.  Took way too long on the final 3.  With one left it crossed my mind, what if I can't do the 10th, and I get a DNF.  That would suck.  But I got it.  At least my score is already going to be ahead of everyone who can't do MUs though.  I did 16 MUs two days ago without one miss - though that was across 20 minutes w/ other movements.  IT was a whole different thing trying to do 10 in a row at the end of a 10 minute chipper.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#33]
We did something similar yesterday:
50 Hand-Release PUs
40 Box Jump Overs
30 Hand-Stand PUs
20 Power Snatch @125# (did power-cleans instead)
10 MUs

I got to the MUs and it was a single-attempt fest for probably 10 minutes, of my total 19:40 time.  I really need to figure out how to string together a few bar MUs.  I've got ring MUs down to where I can get several, but the bar is still elusive.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#34]
MUs and bar MUs are funny, in the fact that people I wouldn't think could ever do them can pull one ugly one out when I still struggle to ever hit one. Our CF gym has several kids and teenagers who have done gymnastics for many years, and can bust out MUs like you wouldn't believe. They also do legless rope climbs in the pike position and l-sit like its nothing. It really makes me re-evaluate where im at and wonder if I concentrated on conditioning & diet to take off a little bit of body fat, if it wouldn't help me in overall capacity as long as my strength didn't suffer too bad.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#35]
My 13 year old niece can do a MU from a dead hang. No swing at all. Not even sure how her shoulder can move like that.

She's been in gymnastics for years and excels at it.

Quoted:
MUs and bar MUs are funny, in the fact that people I wouldn't think could ever do them can pull one ugly one out when I still struggle to ever hit one. Our CF gym has several kids and teenagers who have done gymnastics for many years, and can bust out MUs like you wouldn't believe. They also do legless rope climbs in the pike position and l-sit like its nothing. It really makes me re-evaluate where im at and wonder if I concentrated on conditioning & diet to take off a little bit of body fat, if it wouldn't help me in overall capacity as long as my strength didn't suffer too bad.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Speaking of MUs . . .

1. Conditioning
“2015 Games Couplet”
15-10-6 reps for time of:
Thrusters (165/115)
Bar muscle-ups

(9:07)

(Did dead hang strict pullups instead of MUs.  Taking a break from those for at least another week.)

2. Snatch
A. Quickly work up to a heavy single Snatch Balance
B. Quickly work up to a heavy single Squat Snatch

(Have to do later)

3. Gymnastics Pulling
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 unbroken TTB for time – if you are unable to complete a set unbroken, you must rest and repeat that set again.

(11:07 unbroken, but with some K2E in there towards the end of some of the sets)

4.  Meathead

incline bench 5x3 at 175#
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#37]
5 rounds for time:

7 cleans 155# (no power)

14 kb swings (American, 1.5pd)

7:36

A real back roaster, but I rode the C4 high all the way to the last swing, then could barely stand. #thisishowyougetrhabdo
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#38]
1. Conditioning
“Black and Blue”
5RFT:
10 Power Cleans, 135/95
10 Burpees

(9:07)

2. Strength
4×10 Back Squat, climbing

(185/205/225/245)

Should have gone heavier.  But it's a different ball game doing that after the conditioning.  However, my excuse is invalid.

3. Rowing
9×1:40 on, :20 off (2 min rest after round 5)
This is a preset WOD on the C2 Rower. Choose “Select Workout” then “Custom List” then “v1:40/20 rest…9?.
Record meters for each interval.

(Done.  Didn't record meters for each round, but was usually at 425 or so.  So about 4850 meters.  )
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#39]
1. Conditioning
AMRAP 10:
50 Double unders
21 Box Jumps, 24/20
15 C2B Pull ups

(2+16 Rx)

2. Snatch
A. 3-rep heavy Overhead Squat
B. 2-rep heavy Snatch Balance
C. 1-rep heavy High Hang Squat Snatch

(4 rounds at 205# for A and 135# for B and C )

3. Strength
5×5 Front Squat

(185/205/225/245/265)
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Meathead work

bench
5x8 at 230#
1x13 at 185#
1x3 at 185# w/ chains

dips
3x10 at BW
3x5

curls
4x10 at 85#

standing DB skull crushers
3x10 at 65/70/80#

strict dead hang pullups
3x5
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#41]
1. Conditioning
5 Rounds for time of:
5 Unbroken Strict Press – as heavy as possible
20/15 cal Row
25 Abmat Sit ups
Rest 1 min between rounds

(14:32 at 135#)

2. Strength
A. Heavy 2-rep Front Squat  (185/205/225/245/275/295)
B. 3×10 Back Squats, across (255/275/295)

Also an additional 3x5 135# strict press
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Saturday:

Charity wod for veteran's suicide (22 per day, so 22 exercises for 22 reps):

22 reps each:

air squats
pushups
jumping jacks
sit ups
alternating lunges
pull ups
power cleans 135#
back squats 135#
dead lift 135#
push press 135#
Sumo DL high pull 135#
power snatch 135#
HSPU
KB swings (was 53# i think)
slam balls
burpees
cal row
DUs
Toes to bar
Thrusters 135#
Box jumps 30"
MUs or Chest to Bar PUs

(46:21 Rx)

This morning:

1. Conditioning
“Elizabeth”
21-15-9 of:
Squat Cleans, 135/95
Ring Dips

(8:41)

2. Snatch
EMOMx12:
Mins 1-3: 1 rep at 75%
Mins 4-6: 1 rep at 80%
Mins 7-9: 1 rep at 85%
Mins 10-12: 1 rep at 80%

(175/185/195)
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#43]
2. Strength
Work up to a heavy set of: 3 Front Squats + 1 Jerk

(185/225/235/245/255 - then hit a split jerk at 275)

3. Rowing
EMOMx24:
Odd: 200m
Even: Rest
The goal is to have every round be within 1 second of each other.

(all rounds w/in 1 second of 00:39)

1. Barbell Conditioning
50 Snatches for time, 135#

(7:45 Rx.  Hit Isabel at 4:35.  Could have pushed it a little harder.)
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#44]
1. Conditioning
“Jerry”
For time:
1 mile Run
2K Row
1 mile Run

(27:59 Not a runner obviously)

2. Barbell Conditioning
3 RFT:
10 Unbroken Hang Squat Cleans, you choose the weight
:10 rest
25 Unbroken Wall Balls, 20/14
Rest 2 minutes

(Started this with only 2 minutes rest after Jerry.  8:40 at 135#.  Should have done 155#.  But it sucked and not all WBs were unbroken.  But, as my training partner said, I could have beasted through it had I chosen to.)

3. Gymnastics Pushing
10×5 Strict Unbroken HSPU for time

(Done. Didn't time it, but it was probably 13 mins or so.  Did it unbroken, but I kipped.  Because, 241 pounds.  And it burned.  It really burned.)
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Meathead day

5x5 bench at 245#
Bro curls
3x10 single DB skull crushers at 80#
3x10 dips
4x10 underhand bent over rows at 205#
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#46]
1. Conditioning
4 Rounds:
500 Meter Row
10 OHS (155/105)

(9:05 Rx)  - Rowed about 1:45 on first two, 1:50 on third, and 1:55-2:00 on fourth.  Unbroken with first rep being a full snatch on the OHS.

2. Strength
A. 3×2 Front Squat (275/295/300)
B. 2×3 Back Squat (300/320)
C. 3×2 Snatch Grip Push Press (135/155/185)
D. 2×3 Clean Grip Dead Lift (295)
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Looked all this stuff up for another thread, just quoting it so I know where to find it again:

Strength milestones:

Snatch:
185# (40# PR) on 11/25/14.
190# on 12/2/14, and attempted 200 and failed
205# on 2/12/15
210# on 5/1/15
225# on 7/7/15

OHS:
Hit 245# on 12/3/14

Front Squat:
Hit 300# x 2 on 12/4/14
Hit 335# on 2/24/15

Back squat:
Hit 385# on 12/30/14 (attempted 400# but bailed)
Hit 400# on 1/16/15
Hit 420# in early February 2015
Hit 435# in March 2015

Deadlift
405# x 2 (50# PR) on 12/6/14
Hit 435 in March 2015

Clean:
Hit 275# on 2/24/15

Jerk:
Hit 275# on 5/30/15

Strict Press:
Hit 205# on 2/24/15

Bench:
Hit 300# x 2 on 2/24/15
Hit 315# on 5/8

Gymnastics:
Got kipping HSPUs on 4/8/15
Got Bar MUs on 6/17/15
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Looked all this stuff up for another thread, just quoting it so I know where to find it again:

Strength milestones:

snip
View Quote

That's pretty cool, congrats on the improvement across the board.  The local guys had the ropes down the other day so I gave it a try arms only-  That didn't go well at all.  So I tried ring dips.  Nope.  Didn't even bother with MUs. Bodyweight stuff sucks.  I'm up to about 5 dips and 5 pull ups now, having started out with zero.  

Those 40# PRs are indicative of training and technique improvement, pretty impressive to me that you are doing that well after a year and a half or so.

I'm tempted to start crossfit maybe with some of my own programming on days I don't like theirs, I'd like to emphasize strength even if it means letting my cardio suffer for a while.  I've got specific goals, I don't think most of the crossfitters in the local box do.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#49]
1. Snatch
1RM

(225.  Couple attempts at 230# but just wasn't there.)

(Worked up: 135/155/165/185/195/205/215/225)

2. Clean Jerk
1RM

(No time.)

3. Conditioning
5 RFT:
7 Squat Cleans, 155/105
14 kettlebell swings, 1.5/1-pood

(8:34 Rx)

4. Gymnastics
5×8-12 unbroken Kipping HSPU, rest as needed between sets

(Done.)
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#50]
1. Conditioning
EMOMx30:
Odd: 5 C2B + 10 Push ups + 15 Squats
Even: 15 Burpees

(One of the worst things I've done.  Scaled the burpees and squats to 10.)

2. Strength
A.  Deadlift 5 rep heavy (335)
B.  Push Press, 5 rep heavy (175)
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top