Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2014 10:43:13 AM EDT
I decided to add in some basic supplements creatine, glutamine, and BCAAs. I'm starting with the creatine and it took me a while to find a non-Chinese source. Some of them will say made in the US but won't tell you where they source the ingredients. I found one that said US sourced and NSF certified so I went to the NSF website and found no record of that company. Some of the Amazon sellers sound like they may not ship the actual product. I read comments about unsealed containers and noticeable differences from the same supplement bought locally. I ended up getting one with Creapure from one of the bigger supplement companies because it was German sourced. Are there US or European sources for glutamine, and BCAAs? I don't trust any food from China. I'd rather pay the extra to be sure there's no contaminates. I've got some time to shop around. I want to see how the creatine works on it's own before adding any others.

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't even feed my dogs food or snacks from China.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't even feed my dogs food or snacks from China.
View Quote

I don't either. A friend of mine's dog died after eating Chinese made beef jerky for dogs. They said his internal organs looked like he'd been poisoned.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't buy crap from unknown companies or companies that haven't been around much. If you stick to brands like Optimum Nutrition or Cellucor, for example, you are getting good stuff. ON's creatine monohydrate is actually made in Germany because they use Creapure micronized creatine. The German company has the patent and they buy it from them and they disclose it on the label. GNC's supplements are made in the same plant as the Optimum Nutrition as well. Cellucor stuff is US made as well.

ETA: On BCAA's and glutamine, USP Labs has some good stuff which has both together. Same with ON's Amino Energy which has BCAA's and glutamine together. Cellucors Alpha Amino has both as well, tastes great, works great for recovery, but it is a bit spendy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:33:40 AM EDT
[#4]
ive been using NOW supplements. Protein, carbo gain, creatine and beta alanine.
I like em and cheap on amazon. esp with suscribe and save
http://www.nowfoods.com/Sports/
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't buy crap from unknown companies or companies that haven't been around much. If you stick to brands like Optimum Nutrition or Cellucor, for example, you are getting good stuff. ON's creatine monohydrate is actually made in Germany because they use Creapure micronized creatine. The German company has the patent and they buy it from them and they disclose it on the label. GNC's supplements are made in the same plant as the Optimum Nutrition as well. Cellucor stuff is US made as well.

ETA: On BCAA's and glutamine, USP Labs has some good stuff which has both together. Same with ON's Amino Energy which has BCAA's and glutamine together. Cellucors Alpha Amino has both as well, tastes great, works great for recovery, but it is a bit spendy.
View Quote

ON's creatine is what I ended up ordering. Just started it yesterday

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Creatine really works. I've noticed it the most at my fencing club. I'm almost 45 and the younger guys that can beat me usually win because my legs will wear out near the end of a bout. That hasn't been a problem since about a week after I started the creatine. I haven't noticed as much of an improvement with my lifts but definitely some improvement there also. I feel like it tuned back the clock 5 years. I'm only taking 1/2 the recommended dose also.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I love the ON stuff. It usually isn't the BEST on paper, but I trust them and have been impressed with all of the stuff I've tried from them.

I use their gold standard whey, Amino Energy, creatine, melatonin, and a few other vitamin/minerals by them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top