Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You're unfamiliar with me... I currently am a consulting physician on the side, and manage the health of quite a few amateur and professional athletes... whom... might or might not use legally or illegally.

I'm more familiar with the wide prescription of testosterone than you can ever hope to be. I also know that the vast majority of testosterone supplementation is not physician prescribed, hence felonious. In fact, each half CC of testosterone is considered a single count of a felony.

====

Stay in your lane.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're unfamiliar with me... I currently am a consulting physician on the side, and manage the health of quite a few amateur and professional athletes... whom... might or might not use legally or illegally.

I'm more familiar with the wide prescription of testosterone than you can ever hope to be. I also know that the vast majority of testosterone supplementation is not physician prescribed, hence felonious. In fact, each half CC of testosterone is considered a single count of a felony.

====

Stay in your lane.
View Quote

Glad to meet ya!  I'm not a doctor.

While I realize the truth that much felonious use of T occurs, it is also true that it is WIDELY, and increasing, prescribed for legal use in the US.

You seem to assume I've been talking about using it without a script, at least that is the impression you give.  To me it is like machine guns,
too easy, and relatively cheap, to own one that is not registered.  Not saying I agree with the politics, just stating a fact.

Tell me, are you the guy that snoops around for the stamp to my Title 2 firearms when we talk at the range?  Do you just
assume I'm not legal?  'cause that is the vibe you're giving off and I don't understand it.  I've said NOTHING in this tread to suggest breaking
the law.

Sorry if I've misread you.  And to everyone else I'm  really sorry to stray so far afield of supplements.

PS:  Why your testy retort for me to stay in my lane?  Sheesh, you're awfully uptight, IMO.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I give zero shits whether my athletes are legal or illegal.  I don't rx  test.  I help them stay safe and healthy regardless of whether I agree with what they're doing.  

Testosterone is an amazing supplement, as is hgh... If you qualify for replacement,  then there's no supplement close.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I give zero shits whether my athletes are legal or illegal.  I don't rx  test.  I help them stay safe and healthy regardless of whether I agree with what they're doing.  

Testosterone is an amazing supplement, as is hgh... If you qualify for replacement,  then there's no supplement close.  
View Quote

That's a good way of looking at things IMO. As a physician, you can give advice on how to live, eat, act, etc but its not your job to police...but rather try and make them as healthy as possible given their choices and history. The same with drinking/smoking.

And I also agree that if you need the stuff, then there is no problem in taking either. But its not all highs without lows. A guy at my gym just had to have excess tissue taken from his breasts from a few cycles he did in high school/college.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
for those of you that have netflex, check out the documentary "bigger, stronger, faster"
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not everyone needs "T". I actually had a high "T" level. Excessive testosterone intake will not only suppress your natural testosterone production, but also increases acne, male breast size, possible prostate cancer risk, and RBC production which can cause clots.
View Quote

So as to not spread too much misinformation, a couple of things:  increased male breast size is not due to T and there is no documented increase in prostate cancer due to T (Yes, it fuels cancer if you have it but it does not cause cancer.)

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I currently am a consulting physician on the side, .
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what do you due full time if you are a MD on the side?  That's fairly unusual is it not?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Neurology is my primary specialty.

I have a few boutique athletic clients that I consult for.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Neurology is my primary specialty.

I have a few boutique athletic clients that I consult for.
View Quote

Cool.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So as to not spread too much misinformation, a couple of things:  increased male breast size is not due to T and there is no documented increase in prostate cancer due to T (Yes, it fuels cancer if you have it but it does not cause cancer.)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everyone needs "T". I actually had a high "T" level. Excessive testosterone intake will not only suppress your natural testosterone production, but also increases acne, male breast size, possible prostate cancer risk, and RBC production which can cause clots.

I always thought it did increase prostate cancer risks but after searching (for a minute), it appears that it has been proven to not increase risk. I know that guys take T therapy after prostatectomy due to CA but I wonder if they have an increased occurrence of any other cancers after this? But I saw quite a few on gynecomastia and hypogonadism. There are even quite a few studies on treatment of testosterone therapy induced gynecomastia. This?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I always thought it did increase prostate cancer risks but after searching (for a minute), it appears that it has been proven to not increase risk. I know that guys take T therapy after prostatectomy due to CA but I wonder if they have an increased occurrence of any other cancers after this? But I saw quite a few on gynecomastia and hypogonadism. There are even quite a few studies on treatment of testosterone therapy induced gynecomastia. This?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

gynecomastia ? :  I believe the culprit you are searching for is estrogen.  Best not to get in the predicament to start with.

hypogonadism ? : not caused by T, it is one reason someone might be prescribed T.

cancer ? : I think a search reveals more indications that estrogen is at the base of more cancers than test.

Thinking out loud...............  In the future, I wonder if estrogen reducing drugs will be given prophylactic-ally to men?

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Off topic, but they are.

Clomid and occasionally Anastrazole or Letro are given as surrogates to increase testosterone in cases of mild hypo-test.

Studies show ~400 increase in test with Clomid at 25-50mg daily... and a safety spanning years at least.

These are not supplements though... they are Rx or research chems.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

gynecomastia ? :  I believe the culprit you are searching for is estrogen.  Best not to get in the predicament to start with.

hypogonadism ? : not caused by T, it is one reason someone might be prescribed T.

cancer ? : I think a search reveals more indications that estrogen is at the base of more cancers than test.

Thinking out loud...............  In the future, I wonder if estrogen reducing drugs will be given prophylactic-ally to men?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know all about it, I guess I assumed that since the T level was increased the body would also increase Estrogen. More related to the supplementation rather than T itself.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Off topic, but they are.

Clomid and occasionally Anastrazole or Letro are given as surrogates to increase testosterone in cases of mild hypo-test.

Studies show ~400 increase in test with Clomid at 25-50mg daily... and a safety spanning years at least.

These are not supplements though... they are Rx or research chems.
View Quote

I have a buddy who takes Anastrozole along with Testosterone, not sure if it was because he had problems or what.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Most likely due to his blood tests showing an elevated level of E2. This is something they watch closely (or should) when Rx'ing T. Some people need it with TRT and some don't.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top