Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:19:09 PM EDT
Been lifting regularly for 8 months. I begin noticing my upper and lower front teeth were beginning to chip a little.  Anybody else have this problem?  What did you do about it?  I worked out today and noticed that even knowing I had this problem, I still set my jaw when lifting in a way that grinds my front teeth.   My thinking is to wear a mouth guard.  If nothing else it will make me more aware of this problem.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't grind my teeth and I lift pretty heavy.

Could just be the way you grunt/technique.  Try chewing some gum maybe?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Ball gag will solve that problem and maybe even help with your underbite.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a lot of severe pains from various injuries and find myself grinding my teeth when doing just about anything halfway strenuous now, so you are not alone.  I have considered getting a mouth guard myself because I often feel small pieces of my teeth floating around afterwards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top