Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 3:44:24 PM EDT
I've already lost 25 pounds and want to lose the rest as quickly as I can.

I've read that the floor for calories in men is 1500. Right now I'm eating 2000 calories and working out every day burning 600-700 calories.

Is a slow down in my weight loss inevitable or can I do something to keep it going the way it is? I want to eat the minimum amount that I need without my body going into starvation mode.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You will slow down regardless.  I eat above maintenance one day a week and 6 below which has worked well with long term weight loss.

You can also do an EC stack http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack#top  I've done this without any issues and I am about to do another round of it since I've decided to quit my attempt at kicking my caffiene addiction.  I prefer bronkaid over primatine for the ephedra.

As to minimum calories, I'm not really anything close to an expert.  I believe I read that you have to be below 1500 for an extended time to hit starvation mode.  I've seen testimonials from a few that have done 1200ish a day for a few months to shed a lot of weight not caring about muscle loss.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe your minimum calorie requirement (in this case minimum calories to not gain weight if you did no activity at all) will depend on a number of factors-age, current weight, height, lean muscle mass.

It will differ for each person, so I wouldn't depend on the 1500 calorie figure.

There are basal metobolic calculators that can give you a rough estimate of the above.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Instead of going that low why don't you figure out your TDEE, eat real food at 300-500 calories a day under it, weight/resistant train 3x a week, and walk 4x a week?

ETA: Monitor your BF for 2 weeks and make adjustments.  Every month after make adjustments until you are losing .5 lb to 1 lb a week.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
its not ideal.  

Lyle Mcdonald outlines a very nice rapid fat loss protocol in his book...

its... a crash diet, and viciously low in calories.

Enjoy feeling like asshole with calories that low.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top