Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 6:20:14 AM EDT
I had a weird injury yesterday. While doing hamstring lifts I was griping the handles on machine the pretty hard and when I let go my left index finger just started swelling at the first joint. It probably got 3x it's normal size. I was starting to think it was going to explode blood everywhere. I went to the doctor next door to the gym and the said it wasn't a blood vessel because it didn't turn black and blue. They said probably a lymph vessel. It's still swollen but movable. Has anyone had this happen?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Lymph vessel in the finger causing almost instant swelling?  

The fuck?

---  probably a blood vessel that is too deep to make the finger initially black/blue. Keep an eye on,it... And consider going to the ER if it gets worse/numb... Or otherwise worrisome.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks a little black and blue but not much considering how big it got. It's getting back to normal size. Hopefully I never have that happen again.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had jammed or broken digits swell without too much discoloration, but never that fast or to that degree. Also had pretty good swelling from paronychia.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#4]
It got more black and blue so I think it must have been a blood vessel. I lifted again yesterday and no problems, but I was just waiting for it to happen again. I did some reading and people with low blood pressure and low heart rates seem to have this happen to fingers and toes for no explainable reason. A couple years back my toe turned black and blue during a fencing bout. I figured it got hit but didn't remember the hit. Probably the same thing happened then.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top