Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Will this post?

These are exactly 1 year apart:

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Put this in the other thread but this is a huge milestone for me.

210 pound (95kg) snatch, a personal best by almost 15 pounds:

A mere 3 pounds away from a bodyweight snatch...so close I can taste it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Starting a New strength program today.

Monday: Press Development

1)       Floor Press: 12 minutes to work up to a 5RM floor press

2)       Bench Press: 6x6 at 70-73-75-75-80-80%, rest is 1:30

3)       Scapular/Core Stability:

a)       Y’s and T’s: 3x10 each

b)       Renegade Rows: 3x10 (5 each hand), AHAP

-Alternate between each movement with 1:00 rest between stations

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Woof. That was pretty rough, but not too bad...until I got to the 80%'s. They turned into "1x3...and can I get a little help here's". Bench is just so out of my wheelhouse. Should be a "low skill lift" but somehow...it ain't.

Tuesday: Olympic/Power

1)       Power Snatch: 10 minutes to work up to 2RM PS

a.        5 minutes EMOTM: perform 3 power snatches at 75% of established 2RM

2)       Power Clean: 5x3, TNG, AHAP, rest is 2:00

3)       Box Jumps: 3x5, AHAP (30"), rest is 1:30

This should be interesting. I should be able to to do 190+ on a power snatch double. For a 3 TNG power clean...looking at at least 225, maybe higher. We'll see how she goes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Where'd you get this program?  How are you scheduling this with CF wods?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Tailored for me from some guy with a degree.

For crossfit, he's taken that into consideration and has told me "On days you have skill work, do skill. On days you are assigned strength work...do core. Scale your metcons sooner than you think."

So I'm basically doing crossfit for my conditioning at lunch and this for strength in the evening.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

For crossfit, he's taken that into consideration and has told me "On days you have skill work, do skill. On days you are assigned strength work...do core. Scale your metcons sooner than you think."

So I'm basically doing crossfit for my conditioning at lunch and this for strength in the evening.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean by scaling the metcons sooner than you think?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What do you mean by scaling the metcons sooner than you think?
View Quote
Just be smart. if I have deadlifts in the evening, and the metcon is Diane...don't go HAM on the RX deadlift, don't let my ego impact my evening strength development.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Thursday: Squat Development

1)       Box Squat: 15 minutes to work up to a 8RM box squat, squat to box/plates that are just below 90 degrees

·         Be sure to keep trunk upright, come to a full sit on the box before rising (don’t just tap and go, you should be able to pick your feet off the ground for a split second if needed)

2)       HBBS: 6x6 at 70-73-75-75-80-80%, rest is 1:30

3)       Core Stability:

a.        Good Mornings: 3x10, use light-moderate weight

b.        GHDSU: 3x20 unbroken

·         Alternate between each station with 1 minute rest

This was actually Wednesday's program, but I took Wednesday as a rest day (and date night, worked other muscles) and did this at my 'drop in gym' that I go to sometimes because I like the people.

Box Squats ended up at an 8RM of 315. I'd never done box squats before, (video of my 275 set at the end). They were really tough. Very quad intensive, and very slow on the negative, because I didn't want to just slam into the box. Coach reviewing my video wanted me to concentrate on keeping my elbows down, that letting them rotate up translates into the bar moving up, or rather, my torso moving down. Otherwise he said he just wanted to see more explosion, but thought they were fine.

Moving on to the highbar back squat, those sets ended up 295, 305, 315, 315, 340, 340. Nothing too terrible, but by the last few reps of the last set I was definitely making some noise. Didn't have a GHD and I'd already done situps in the metcon earlier (5 rounds: 5hspu, 10 situps, 5 box jumps (30" + 45# plate) 10 OH Lunge) so I just did the good mornings, 3x10 @ 95#.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Got my scheduled all hosed up by having to judge the Open on friday, so my strength coach came over for beers and lifting and we superset two days:

1)       Strict Press: 6x6 at 70-73-75-75-80-80%, rest is 1:30

2)       Deadlift (Traditional): 5x7, work up to AHAP

3)       Y’s and T’s: 3x10 each, rest is 1:30

The strict press I got through pretty well until the last two at 80%. When I fail on that, I FAIL. Then "As Heavy As Possible" was 315 touch and go, and my coach was like 'Um, yeah. So. More.' Went to 365, that slowed me down a good bit, backed down to 335 for the last set.

After commenting that my chest work really impacted by Oly/Dynamic day, he's switched me around so tonight:

1) Clean and jerk: 12 minutes to work up to max load of 1 rep squat clean + 1 rep hang power clean + 1 rep split jerk

2) Snatch: 5x3 power snatch, TNG, work up to AHAP, rest is 2 minutes

3) Box Jumps: 3x3, AHAP, rest is 1:30
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Maxed some lifts last night:

Overhead (strict) Press: 175#

Deathlift: 455 for a triple, an easy PR at 485...then an ugly, grindy, bendy, nasty 500# pull.

Squat: the deads took it all out of me, did a 405 triple, 415...then skipped over my old 1RM to get buried by 435. Honestly, I probably had it, but couldn't keep my back tight (I wonder why)

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top