Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have two pair and wear them whenever I feel comfortable looking a little odd.

I tweaked my knee almost two years ago jumping off a retaining wall, and still have some pain and lack of strength on that leg.  I have found that the Vibrams allow me to control my balance and this greatly reduces the minor discomfort this injury causes, especially the next day.

I love to play golf and always wear them when playing.  The feedback from your soles is awsome for a sport where your feet are planted and you twist while having a weight transfer during the activity.  Prior to getting the Vibrams, the day after would always be much more uncomfortable, and frequently I would re-injure my knee, requiring up to a week to get back to stable.  Now, I seldom notice any discomfort while playing, and have not had any relapses from swinging a club.

After about 10 days of wear I just throw them in the washing machine along with my other wash.  I air dry them, and they don't look any different than when they were new.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a pair of the VFF Treksports and i love them, after i got used to them.. lol. i learned alot, which the other guys covered, by buying these shoes and over doing it. You can't just buy them and wear them for hours on end, you need to ease into the transistion. After wearing my five fingers though, my knees don't hurt like they used to, i've gained more movement out of my ankle that i had broken years ago, and my feet hardly ever hurt even from work all and then working out. I'm either wearing my five fingers or my Merrels which are my other favorite shoe for when i can't wear my VFF!
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I bought a pair of the VFF Treksports and i love them, after i got used to them.. lol. i learned alot, which the other guys covered, by buying these shoes and over doing it. You can't just buy them and wear them for hours on end, you need to ease into the transistion. After wearing my five fingers though, my knees don't hurt like they used to, i've gained more movement out of my ankle that i had broken years ago, and my feet hardly ever hurt even from work all and then working out. I'm either wearing my five fingers or my Merrels which are my other favorite shoe for when i can't wear my VFF!

Exactly the same for me, I broke my ankle then refractured it, my ankles and feet have never felt better. I haven't had any problems with the shoes at all except for the broken strap this morning. I got mine on sale for 60 dollars. I took them back to the store today to see if I could switch them out and the guy sent them in since there were only a few pairs this store had. They had a pair in black which I'm looking forward to getting a black pair but unfortunately I would have had to pay extra to get them.

So hopefully the company has some they will send to me and make it right, I honestly don't want a refund, I want my shoes! Tonight I'm going to a concert and wish I had that ankle support Vibrams gave me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly the same for me, I broke my ankle then refractured it, my ankles and feet have never felt better. I haven't had any problems with the shoes at all except for the broken strap this morning. I got mine on sale for 60 dollars. I took them back to the store today to see if I could switch them out and the guy sent them in since there were only a few pairs this store had. They had a pair in black which I'm looking forward to getting a black pair but unfortunately I would have had to pay extra to get them.    

So hopefully the company has some they will send to me and make it right, I honestly don't want a refund, I want my shoes! Tonight I'm going to a concert and wish I had that ankle support Vibrams gave me.

What ankle support, theyre minimalist shoes...?
Link Posted: 4/5/2012 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What ankle support, theyre minimalist shoes...?

I meant the strap helps keeps the shoe nice and tight around my ankle.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top