Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]

I don’t know any details yet- this is in my area
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
I just got a cheap dip station. Takes up way more room than I thought it would which is problematic given how little space I have. Turns out I can't do a dip with anything resembling good form. I read the tutorial on the strong lifts website and I'm going to follow that and start with negatives.
View Quote

You can put a band across it too to use as an assist. Just put your knees on the band and go with a slower tempo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:25:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#3]
Edited
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:25:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#4]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
https://i.ibb.co/GMmJVBS/IMG-6235.png
I don’t know any details yet- this is in my area
View Quote

Damn.

Never bench heavy alone or without the pins. Even then, while you’ll live to tell about it, you’re still gonna get hurt on a drop.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just fucked up my shoulder going down to do negatives on dips. It was such a shitty workout I should have just skipped it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
Just fucked up my shoulder going down to do negatives on dips. It was such a shitty workout I should have just skipped it.
View Quote

It's gonna sound stupid, but inverted bodyweight rows on rings may help with the mobility you need for dips. Pull all the way to your armpits.

I think a lot of guys get tight in that bottom position from a lot of benching, then the dip forces them into a deeper range of motion and things get snappy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

It's gonna sound stupid, but inverted bodyweight rows on rings may help with the mobility you need for dips. Pull all the way to your armpits.

I think a lot of guys get tight in that bottom position from a lot of benching, then the dip forces them into a deeper range of motion and things get snappy.
View Quote

Had a shitty bench session before I tried the dips. Pretty sure it's the tendon.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Definitely the tendon. I could feel it doing circles when I was stretching. The front and side of my shoulder are swollen. No squats today and no lifting at all next week.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
440 for two.  That's a 90lb bar for those keeping score.  Maybe could have got 3 if I wasn't working out in my dungeon by myself.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:
440 for two.  That's a 90lb bar for those keeping score.  Maybe could have got 3 if I wasn't working out in my dungeon by myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDkPaQOEIgk
View Quote

You definitely had a third.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Started BPC 157 today. Hopefully it'll work on that tendon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#12]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDkPaQOEIgk
View Quote

My dungeon motivates me. Ugly, loud clanging, cold, dark…all good for summoning the inner beast.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I made maple sugar candy yesterday, ate way too much of it, then had the best workout I've had in 6 months.

Apparently I need to just almost give myself diabetes with pure sugar, then go workout to get a sweet pump.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I hit 475 on the squat.  No video this time.  I was hoping for the 500, but 475 was a grinder.  No more singles for a while since I don't want to run a strict powerlifting program right now.  Hit a 52 week streak and close to 3 million pounds lifting in the last year today also.

Candito 6 Week worked great for my squat, but it killed my other lifts.  I recommend it if anyone is looking to improve their squat quickly.  I'm probably going to go with Bullmastiff again for the next 3 or 4 months.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I hit 475 on the squat.  No video this time.  I was hoping for the 500, but 475 was a grinder.  No more singles for a while since I don't want to run a strict powerlifting program right now.  Hit a 52 week streak and close to 3 million pounds lifting in the last year today also.

Candito 6 Week worked great for my squat, but it killed my other lifts.  I recommend it if anyone is looking to improve their squat quickly.  I'm probably going to go with Bullmastiff again for the next 3 or 4 months.
View Quote

Had to look up Candito.

Why do you think it only worked for squats?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Front squat is coming along, even though it’s still rough on my fingers and wrists.

Managed to get it up to about 55% of my squat. From what I’m reading it should be somewhere around 80%. Gaining.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By grady:

Had to look up Candito.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Had to look up Candito.

Deadlift was always after squats and bench was pretty low on volume.  A few of the squat weeks are insane, so there's nothing left in the tank for deadlift.  I don't know if it was translated to the Boostcamp app poorly or that's how it's supposed to run.  I read a ton of reviews, but never looked at the program progression outside of the app.

I really wanted to make a push in squatting so I was happy with that.  If I were to do it again, I'd alternate first lift in leg day and run a separate bench program.  I thought it was perfect for me for squatting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#18]
Thinking of working these into my routine. The change plates around the neck are a nice touch.

Squatlifts (I guess)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:37:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#19]
Week three of the cycle has turned to total dog shit.

Sunday squats went fine, but then had to deal with the weekend’s two feet of snow after the snow blower quit. Out there beating myself up all day. Next day, somehow managed to hit 315 for 3 doubles on bench. Then been dealing with a family medical emergency (unexpected surgery) since Tuesday.

Deadlift top set wouldn’t fucking budge tonight. Dropped 50 lbs - still cemented to the floor. Couldn’t even do front squat warmups. Then failed top set presses.

Dropping BW is probably catching up with me, too.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Thinking of working these into my routine. The change plates around the neck are a nice touch.

Squatlifts (I guess)
View Quote

Must be an member of this clown's gym.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Welp, been a vag for the last 7 years citing engineering school, and then work, as an excuse.  I will be starting plain ol' 5/3/1 BBB in the next 3 weeks or so.  In the meantime, need to re-condition the body to lifting again.

Here's to getting strong again at 40!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#22]
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:
Welp, been a vag for the last 7 years citing engineering school, and then work, as an excuse.  I will be starting plain ol' 5/3/1 BBB in the next 3 weeks or so.  In the meantime, need to re-condition the body to lifting again.

Here's to getting strong again at 40!
View Quote

Good job getting back to it.

531 is a great intermediate program that you can run for a long time. I’ve had a lot of success with it for years. But, if you’ve been out of it for that long, you’ll probably find that you can make a lot more progress faster if you run a novice linear progression for a few months first.

Don’t deprive yourself of the newbie gainz.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:35:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Good job getting back to it.

531 is a great intermediate program that you can run for a long time. I’ve had a lot of success with it for years. But, if you’ve been out of it for that long, you’ll probably find that you can make a lot more progress faster if you run a novice linear progression for a few months first.

Don’t deprive yourself of the newbie gainz.
View Quote

True, but like Wendler says, "You can't start too light".  If the first year turns into a bunch of hypertrophy work because of that, I'm ok with that, lol.  The big thing is that I get my body back into fighting shape and my LDL goes back under 160 .
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Last month I achieved Hall of Fame status using the MyZone belt. Hall of Fame is 48 months of at least 1300 MEPs each month. A MEP is MyZones calculations for activity, heart rate, etc.
Page / 769
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top