BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Any idea if this dr will give you the full cocktail?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Sounds like this Dr. Is going to treat me. He wants all of the notes from the Endo with my old labs. Then it sounded like he was going to put me on the shots.  

We will see.

This is to begin the transgender process?  Good luck.  Such bravery.

Any idea if this dr will give you the full cocktail?

No clue.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Just hit back to back PRs on front squat. 5@205 and 2@225. The transgingerfication is working already.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the horrible protein powder to make some protein pancakes. They were edible.

Low bar squatting is still fucking up my arm, no matter how I hold the bar. Going back to high bar; but working pause squats. Hopefully that will help correct whatever I'm doing to fuck up my back.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
I used the horrible protein powder to make some protein pancakes. They were edible.

Low bar squatting is still fucking up my arm, no matter how I hold the bar. Going back to high bar; but working pause squats. Hopefully that will help correct whatever I'm doing to fuck up my back.
View Quote

Did you try straps on bar?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I downloaded a calorie counter app. I knew a ball part estimate of how many I ate in a day but I plugged it in and I ate 5,000 calories yesterday.

I'm actually feeling pretty good, bulk is going pretty good so far. I don't feel fat, I do feel bigger though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Front squat is the suck. I seriously can not get the right form no matter what I try. I either lean too far back and the bar chokes me out or I lean too far forward and the bar wants to roll off my shoulders. Any good videos for from squat someone can recommend?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I downloaded a calorie counter app. I knew a ball part estimate of how many I ate in a day but I plugged it in and I ate 5,000 calories yesterday.

I'm actually feeling pretty good, bulk is going pretty good so far. I don't feel fat, I do feel bigger though.
View Quote

I sat at a traffic light in front of a pizza joint. My windows were down, and I could kinda smell the pizza. Before the light turned green, I had gained four lbs of belly fat.

I hate all of the peoples with fast metabolisms. Fuckers.

I might have to start doing some sort of cardio. Maybe jump rope. I need to find something to do while staying on the property.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Truth2882:
Front squat is the suck. I seriously can not get the right form no matter what I try. I either lean too far back and the bar chokes me out or I lean too far forward and the bar wants to roll off my shoulders. Any good videos for from squat someone can recommend?
View Quote

Get bigger shoulders.

There should be a little pocket the bar sits in. Keep elbows up high.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Get bigger shoulders.

View All Quotes

Get bigger shoulders.

I have bad wrist and elbow flexibility so I can't do a conventional grip. Alan thrall has a video where you use straps to help keep your elbows up on front squat. It helped but I still have trouble.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#10]

I have bad wrist and elbow flexibility so I can't do a conventional grip. Alan thrall has a video where you use straps to help keep your elbows up on front squat. It helped but I still have trouble.
View All Quotes

Get bigger shoulders.

Straps make it even easier to keep elbows  up.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

I sat at a traffic light in front of a pizza joint. My windows were down, and I could kinda smell the pizza. Before the light turned green, I had gained four lbs of belly fat.

I might have to start doing some sort of cardio. Maybe jump rope. I need to find something to do while staying on the property.
View All Quotes

Burpees. They own the suck. Do a hundred for time. Report back. If you can do them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

Burpees. They own the suck. Do a hundred for time. Report back. If you can do them.
View All Quotes

Fuuuuu! That's a really nasty thing to suggest. And here I thought we were friends... But it might work. I OHP/ arms tomorrow. I'll do them after. See how much I die trying to do cardio.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Box jump burpees.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

That or push the prowler. Holy shit, if you really just feel like being in pain load it up and push.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Get bigger shoulders.

When I first started doing front squats my upper back was weak and thoracic spine was really stiff.  If you don't have any thoracic movement you will have a lot of trouble getting your shoulders up and elbows high.  I don't think foam rollers work, but if you load up a bar really heavy on the rack and use it to force your elbows up and shoulders under the bar, you'll get better incrementally.  It felt like 135 was going to crush me when I started, mostly due to collapsing in the upper back and inability to keep elbows high.  Mobility fixed it, I front squatted 325 two months ago.

I also widened my grip slightly and that helped.  I started without being able to touch the bar with my fingers in the rack position and now I can keep a full grip on a good day.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Takes me just over 6 minutes, fyi. :D

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#17]
Lol.

The new job is dragging a little so I'm still working the old one, headed out of town next week to Kankakee Illinois, about 50 miles south of Chicago.  The current field guy said there was 5 shootings the first 7 days he was there and they are fishing people out of the river.

I'm even a little nervous about finding a gym in the area for two weeks.  Give me the wilds of remote Nevada any day.  

ETA-  I just looked at the demographics and crime stats on Kankakee Il.  41% black and 6th most violent city in Illinois.  Cover me boys, I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By therex:
View All Quotes

Wow, that's cruising.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SCW:

Wow, that's cruising.  

View All Quotes

Wow, that's cruising.  

No shit. I'll try it again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Fuuuuu! That's a really nasty thing to suggest. And here I thought we were friends... But it might work. I OHP/ arms tomorrow. I'll do them after. See how much I die trying to do cardio.
View All Quotes

It'll be OK, little buddy. Just a little tough love.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#22]
I got my 40# weight vest in today from amazon.  My body armor from ar500 is off in no man's land somewhere, as someone here warned me it would be.  

On a related note, I know that being even heavier for Murph on monday is going to destroy my shin muscles (anterior tibialis?).  The heavier I have gotten (now 263), that muscle has started to tighten quickly when jogging and almost gets to the point of a cramp.  It's not a cramp, but just really tight and screaming at me to sit down.

I ran a mille on Saturday using a stride which probably used my toes a little much.  About 7:45.  And my shin muscles were rock hard.  It took about 20 to 30 minutes before they started to feel normal again.  I'm pretty sure it's not shin splints.  I've read about compartmental syndrome.  But I'm thinking this is just due to being a lanky guy with a lot of added mass (except on my calves - so no fat guy legs or anything like that that are used to running with this weight).  Or do I have compartmental syndrome?

I read on the internet somewhere to try and run more on my heels, or flat footed, to take pressure off my toes.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#23]
My thoughts? Pretty simple really. My thoughts are about 87% boobs, and the rest is about all of the reasons to never ever run.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#24]
My thoughts? Pretty simple really. My thoughts are about 87% boobs, and the rest is about all of the reasons to never ever run.
View Quote

I have to do murph again in a week.  Not getting out of that.  And I promised the wife I would do a spartan super race in August with her.  FML.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hank:

Welcome to Memphis. Right around 90 murders so far this year, I believe.
View All Quotes

A few years ago my folks moved away from Memphis.  I got lost my first time there on Martin Luther King Blvd...  Dad told me to get the hell out of there pronto.  It was about 2am as I recall.  I had fun mountain biking around there, Shelby Farms was a lot of fun.

I got my 40# weight vest in today from amazon.  My body armor from ar500 is off in no man's land somewhere, as someone here warned me it would be.  

On a related note, I know that being even heavier for Murph on monday is going to destroy my shin muscles (anterior tibialis?).  The heavier I have gotten (now 263), that muscle has started to tighten quickly when jogging and almost gets to the point of a cramp.  It's not a cramp, but just really tight and screaming at me to sit down.

I ran a mille on Saturday using a stride which probably used my toes a little much.  About 7:45.  And my shin muscles were rock hard.  It took about 20 to 30 minutes before they started to feel normal again.  I'm pretty sure it's not shin splints.  I've read about compartmental syndrome.  But I'm thinking this is just due to being a lanky guy with a lot of added mass (except on my calves - so no fat guy legs or anything like that that are used to running with this weight).  Or do I have compartmental syndrome?

I read on the internet somewhere to try and run more on my heels, or flat footed, to take pressure off my toes.  Any thoughts?

I think that was me that warned you about AR500.  They took about 9 months to ship mine, and a lot of emails and phone calls.

Try massaging the bottom of your foot with a baseball or golf ball.  That tendon along the shin connects at the bottom of the foot so that's a good way to work it loose.  And 7:45 is pretty fast for a 260+ pounder, nice job.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#26]

I think that was me that warned you about AR500.  They took about 9 months to ship mine, and a lot of emails and phone calls.

Try massaging the bottom of your foot with a baseball or golf ball.  That tendon along the shin connects at the bottom of the foot so that's a good way to work it loose.  And 7:45 is pretty fast for a 260+ pounder, nice job.

View Quote

Thanks, I'll try that.  I'm like who is this guy since I don't recognize the new avatar.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Shorten your stride and increase your cadence,  that really helped my running.

I don't know about any of that medical stuff.

Oh and stop being so fat.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#28]

A few years ago my folks moved away from Memphis.  I got lost my first time there on Martin Luther King Blvd...  Dad told me to get the hell out of there pronto.  It was about 2am as I recall.  I had fun mountain biking around there, Shelby Farms was a lot of fun.

View All Quotes

Why you have stuz's beer logo?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

My friends already rag on me for having such a short stride for being 6'5.  I'm not sure it could be any shorter.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#30]

My friends already rag on me for having such a short stride for being 6'5.  I'm not sure it could be any shorter.
View All Quotes

Sounds like you're screwed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Just benched 245#  only 5#s off my fat guy bench.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

He suggested I use it.  It was obvious that Lysander Spooner wasn't going to get either the Democrat, Republican or Whig nomination this year, so I've given up on him.

I haven't tried any of his beer so it's strictly based on nothing that I'm advertising for him.  He promised to send me some, after he gets his bottler and starts brewing a few varieties.  I'm not holding my breath, I finally sent him some beer a few weeks ago that I promised to him last year.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#33]

He suggested I use it.  It was obvious that Lysander Spooner wasn't going to get either the Democrat, Republican or Whig nomination this year, so I've given up on him.

I haven't tried any of his beer so it's strictly based on nothing that I'm advertising for him.  He promised to send me some, after he gets his bottler and starts brewing a few varieties.  I'm not holding my breath, I finally sent him some beer a few weeks ago that I promised to him last year.

View All Quotes

I've had some. It's pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I attempted to max squats a couple days ago. First time attempting to max in a really long time (since improving my form and depth).

Anyway, rocked 315 and 365 but failed miserably on a 395 attempt. Previously I had done 385 but with bad form.
I probably won't try to max again for a while, but will work in some heavier sets.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

He's got an IPA apparently.  Not really interested in that.  I sent him some stuff that's only sold in Wisconsin called Spotted Cow that I really like.  He said he's got a recipe that should duplicate it, but he'd never tried Spotted Cow.  I sent a variety pack of stuff from the Spotted Cow brewer to Iwouldn'tknow last year too, he and I liked the same ones and I still have two or three in the fridge of the types I didn't like- over a year later.  They aren't IPAs, just gross.

I've actually never been drunk in my life, hate the very idea of being out of control like that, but I'll drink a beer or two on occasion.  Not a big drinker at all, haven't found any mixed drinks or hard booze I can tolerate.  Not exactly the banner child for a beer avatar

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I love beer. I don't drink beer anymore.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#37]

He's got an IPA apparently.  Not really interested in that.  I sent him some stuff that's only sold in Wisconsin called Spotted Cow that I really like.  He said he's got a recipe that should duplicate it, but he'd never tried Spotted Cow.  I sent a variety pack of stuff from the Spotted Cow brewer to Iwouldn'tknow last year too, he and I liked the same ones and I still have two or three in the fridge of the types I didn't like- over a year later.  They aren't IPAs, just gross.

I've actually never been drunk in my life, hate the very idea of being out of control like that, but I'll drink a beer or two on occasion.  Not a big drinker at all, haven't found any mixed drinks or hard booze I can tolerate.  Not exactly the banner child for a beer avatar

View All Quotes

I try not to drink too much anymore.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]

I try not to drink too much anymore.
View Quote

I had a beer three days ago.  I was sick with a head cold and figured it couldn't hurt.  Mango something or another, the selection in small-town Utah is worse than you'd think- and you'd think it's pretty bad.  I don't drink messican beer on bigotry principles and won't drink bud light on snooty standards, so that leaves bringing beer home when I travel.

I'm back down to 213lbs though.  Haven't lifted in over a week now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Burpees didn't work. Left wrist is too messed up to bend back and put weight on. I did as many as I could until my knuckles got tired of catching my bodyweight on the stall mats. Looks like I was boxing a bag with no gloves.

C4 seems to work good. I like it. But I'm on a deload week now. So not really pushing much weight. And my wife seems to like dumping money at the dentist the last few months. I logged into my bank account and saw what the appointment today charged out at... That put me in a really foul fucking mood. Takes the joyful wind out of my sails to lift when she's burning cash on her mouth... Maybe I just need to log off, go outside, and sit to listen to the thunder. Try to cool off a little or something.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Burpees didn't work. Left wrist is too messed up to bend back and put weight on. I did as many as I could until my knuckles got tired of catching my bodyweight on the stall mats. Looks like I was boxing a bag with no gloves.

C4 seems to work good. I like it. But I'm on a deload week now. So not really pushing much weight. And my wife seems to like dumping money at the dentist the last few months. I logged into my bank account and saw what the appointment today charged out at... That put me in a really foul fucking mood. Takes the joyful wind out of my sails to lift when she's burning cash on her mouth... Maybe I just need to log off, go outside, and sit to listen to the thunder. Try to cool off a little or something.
View All Quotes

Get some wrist wraps. I haven't fucked my wrist up since I bought mine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I agree with KaiK, try some wrist wraps. I like the slingshot wraps/gangsta wraps.

I hear ya about the wife situation. Mine doesn't think $50 is a lot of money and doesn't really understand that $50 + $50 + $50 + $20 + Starbucks every goddamned day = a bunch of fucking money(and diabetes someday). Oh and money spent on our daughter isn't actually money somehow?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:51:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#42]
Random question about powerlifting from someone that's never powerlifted: why is the bench press paused while the squat is not?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Random question about powerlifting from someone that's never powerlifted: why is the bench press paused while the squat is not?
View Quote

Lol.  It makes no sense at all.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Cuz bouncing out of the hole isn't the same as bouncing off your sternum?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I think it is a safety thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#47]

I agree with KaiK, try some wrist wraps. I like the slingshot wraps/gangsta wraps.

I hear ya about the wife situation. Mine doesn't think $50 is a lot of money and doesn't really understand that $50 + $50 + $50 + $20 + Starbucks every goddamned day = a bunch of fucking money(and diabetes someday). Oh and money spent on our daughter isn't actually money somehow?
View All Quotes

I'll try wraps. Maybe order some today to have before I start my next cycle. Left wrist has been a little bitch for a while. Extension hinge past 45 deg with no weight and there's a bit of pain. Try to load it when 90% like a push-up or bottom of a burpee, and it's a no go. I've been doing wrist mobility since Feb. The pain seems to come and go without cause or reason.

The last dentist appointment was $950... This is the fourth appointment in this year... I'm being told she has three more like this... That stupid thought of, "Is she fucking the detist?", crossed my mind. But if she was, I'd hope I'd be getting a much better deal on her dental work. Maybe I'd get a little discount or something.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#48]
I know some of you don't self-identify masculine enough to come into the strongman thread, so I'll post this axle DL here.  Any thoughts on improving my technique?  

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:20:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#49]

View All Quotes

Yesterday while painting, I was rolling around the idea in my head of another "vote trade" thread.  The idea in this would be trading Trump votes for writing in Spooner.  I just got busy in the afternoon and never got around to making the thread in GD.

Also, it was probably funnier when I was on beer 3 than it would be in real life.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I know some of you don't self-identify masculine enough to come into the strongman thread, so I'll post this axle DL here.  Any thoughts on improving my technique?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1mo3s3sc5I
View Quote

Get fatter?

How close is that to your DL 1rm? I think I saw a little twinge of your hips moving before your shoulders, especially on the first rep(which causes just a hair of rounding maybe? could just be the angle or the guy who thought he was funny by interfering with the shot). But seriously, it looked good. You handled the reps really well. How did it feel?
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top