Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
I tried 3 times, 405 wouldn't fucking budge. I slept like shit and have up since 2, that probably contributed to it.
View Quote
Is the weight leaving the ground at all?
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
How the hell do you fix these broken threads?
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried 3 times, 405 wouldn't fucking budge. I slept like shit and have up since 2, that probably contributed to it.
View Quote

Bummer, keep at it man.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
It's a good night when you're cutting weight (< 2000 cal/day) and still hit a 10# squat PR (430#).

Funny thing is it went up relatively easy and I felt like I had another +10/20# but was riding too close to that edge of passing out to try more without someone else there. Considering I didn't think I was going to match my prior PR tonight, I'll take it and be happy.
View Quote

Awesome lift, especially on that hard of a cut.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#5]
How the hell do you fix these broken threads?
View Quote

By posting gifs of seksy gym girls.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the weight leaving the ground at all?
View Quote

Just barely left the ground on the first attempt, maybe a half inch.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Funny story time. So I told a guy at work that's a bit of a gym bro about how I tried for 4 plates and failed and he told me that after years of lifting he's learned anything over 225 is asking for an injury. I told him I want to do a meet so I want my numbers as high as I can get and he tells how he's been to meets to watch but he's never had the top end strength to do one. I found this entertaining but I'm a little sleep deprived.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny story time. So I told a guy at work that's a bit of a gym bro about how I tried for 4 plates and failed and he told me that after years of lifting he's learned anything over 225 is asking for an injury. I told him I want to do a meet so I want my numbers as high as I can get and he tells how he's been to meets to watch but he's never had the top end strength to do one. I found this entertaining but I'm a little sleep deprived.
View Quote

Yeah not lifting over 225 is going to land your pal at the end of the road.

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 11:10:25 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Retarded friends can be amusing
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Retarded friends can be amusing
View Quote

The more I talk to him the less intelligent he is.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#11]
203lbs for 4 on bench. Every set felt heavier than they should have today.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#12]
375lbs for 6 on squat. It felt like I went deeper than the video showed, I might have just missed parallel on reps 3 and 5. Kinda hard to tell and I'm really critical of myself. I'll send the video to my friend and see if I can get a judgement from him, if he even responds.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
That's stout bro. Great job.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks. It was nice to PR after failing on deadlift.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#15]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

JFC 500 yards??? So around 40 or so trucks?

That's brutal bro, no matter how many people are working.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
We poured 500 yards yesterday, and then this morning we duck hunted for 4 hours in this damn heat, sweat my balls off.

Got home and got the worst hamstring cramp I've had in probably 20 years, haven't had one like that since playing soccer.

I've been pushing water and salts, but now I'm gunshy. Supposed to do deadlifts today, but I don't need another episode like that tonight. Might push my workout to tomorrow and do mobility and stretching tonight.

50 trucks, wasn't too bad, took about 10 hours.

Friend uses one of these......saves a lot of calories.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#16]

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SkYGJjDxZl4/maxresdefault.jpg
View All Quotes
We poured 500 yards yesterday, and then this morning we duck hunted for 4 hours in this damn heat, sweat my balls off.

Got home and got the worst hamstring cramp I've had in probably 20 years, haven't had one like that since playing soccer.

I've been pushing water and salts, but now I'm gunshy. Supposed to do deadlifts today, but I don't need another episode like that tonight. Might push my workout to tomorrow and do mobility and stretching tonight.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SkYGJjDxZl4/maxresdefault.jpg

Game changer. I still use concrete hoes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I did deadlifts tonight, hit 455x1. Not great by any means.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 8:35:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Still gaining on bench.

PR at 365x2x3
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By grady:
Still gaining on bench.

PR at 365x2x3
View Quote

Beast mode
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GUNGUY148] [#20]
I've been good all year so I ordered a cmas present for myself.

Texas deadlift bar is on its way
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I’d love one of those.

I had to get two bars a few years ago so my budget kept me to a couple of X-Marks. 28.5mm with center knurl for general use and 28mm with no center knurl for pulls. I actually like them quite a bit, and they were a great value for the money. But a 27mm bendy bar like the one you’ve got coming would be sweet for deadlifts.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 6:03:40 AM EDT
[#22]

I’d love one of those.

I had to get two bars a few years ago so my budget kept me to a couple of X-Marks. 28.5mm with center knurl for general use and 28mm with no center knurl for pulls. I actually like them quite a bit, and they were a great value for the money. But a 27mm bendy bar like the one you’ve got coming would be sweet for deadlifts.
View All Quotes

I’d love one of those.

Those Xmark bars look nice, probably better than the bars at most commercial gyms.

I'm excited to try the texas bar, I've used an unknown brand deadlift bar in the past and I really liked it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Still gaining on bench.

PR at 365x2x3
View Quote
Damn, that's impressive.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn, that's impressive.
View All Quotes
Still gaining on bench.

PR at 365x2x3
Damn, that's impressive.

Thanks, man.

Just an old guy trying to pretend he’s not.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Still gaining on bench.

PR at 365x2x3
View Quote

Damn. That's impressive. I bet you make it to 4 plates.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#26]

View All Quotes
Still gaining on bench.

PR at 365x2x3

I’d love to hit that mark someday. If I can keep progressing without any hiccups through spring….maybe.

But, I’ve gotten to the point where having my foot on the throttle all the time isn’t much fun anymore. If I ever hit 4 plates on bench and 6 plates on deadlift, I think I’ll owe myself a break.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#27]

I'd love to hit that mark someday. If I can keep progressing without any hiccups through spring .maybe.

But, I've gotten to the point where having my foot on the throttle all the time isn't much fun anymore. If I ever hit 4 plates on bench and 6 plates on deadlift, I think I'll owe myself a break.
View Quote
I'm pretty much there. You're a good bit stronger than me but I feel like I'm getting real close to the nexus of age, stature and genetics. I'm still making strength gains, but it's slowed way down. I've been enjoying the conjugate style power building program I've been doing lately. It's been a nice change although I went in thinking the hypertrophy days were going to be easy next to the max effort days and that's not really been the case. They're still pretty damn hard, just in a different way.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Putting my plate carrier to use doing pull ups and ring dips. Adding 40# is brutal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Putting my plate carrier to use doing pull ups and ring dips. Adding 40# is brutal.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228618/Screenshot_20221116-195244_Gallery_jpg-2602847.JPG
View Quote

I use a dip belt to add weight. That looks much more comfortable than a chain with plates on it hanging between my legs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Just hit my heaviest press at 210 for a single. My press trails everything else by far.

I’m now at my heaviest all-time weight on all lifts. From here on out, 3rd week of the cycle will be PR attempts across the board.

Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#31]

I use a dip belt to add weight. That looks much more comfortable than a chain with plates on it hanging between my legs.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228618/Screenshot_20221116-195244_Gallery_jpg-2602847.JPG

It's much less awkward too. I need to add some more weight to it for dips, sets of 10 go well. Pullups are tough though, I can't do 5x5 with clean reps just yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Just hit my heaviest press at 210 for a single. My press trails everything else by far.

I’m now at my heaviest all-time weight on all lifts. From here on out, 3rd week of the cycle will be PR attempts across the board.

View Quote

That's impressive

What's your projected big three total?
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#33]

That's impressive

View Quote

Thanks.

My actual total right now is 1340. Depending on the calculator, my estimated total is between 1370 and 1395. But I only count what I’ve actually lifted.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I've been using heavy chains with a dip belt. Way less awkward than plates plus you can rig them so some of the weight comes off at the bottom where your elbows and shoulders are most vulnerable.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Thanks.

My actual total right now is 1340. Depending on the calculator, my estimated total is between 1370 and 1395. But I only count what I’ve actually lifted.
View All Quotes

That's impressive

Thanks.

That's great man.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

I used the new Texas deadlift bar (far left) yesterday morning.

I dig it. The knurling is super aggressive and the bar is quite bendy. It starts flexing around 315, at 455 its doing great.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 1:35:06 PM EDT
[#37]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228618/20221118_195932_jpg-2607503.JPG

I used the new Texas deadlift bar (far left) yesterday morning.

I dig it. The knurling is super aggressive and the bar is quite bendy. It starts flexing around 315, at 455 its doing great.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Should have used collars for OHP just now. Right arm wasn't going up as well from the tendonitis and the weights slid off on the 5th rep, looks like only a couple things got broken. It's 20 degrees out and my little heater wouldn't work, I went from my hands being so cold I couldn't feel them to being able to feel them real quick.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#39]
That'll sure wake you up!
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Should have used collars for OHP just now. Right arm wasn't going up as well from the tendonitis and the weights slid off on the 5th rep, looks like only a couple things got broken. It's 20 degrees out and my little heater wouldn't work, I went from my hands being so cold I couldn't feel them to being able to feel them real quick.
View Quote

I almost had that exact thing happen on Thursday. I narrowed my grip a bit so my balance is off and I’m a bit more tippy at the top.

The plates slid quite a bit on the left side but didn’t go all the way. Collars on the next set.

Link Posted: 11/22/2022 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Dropped my deadlift 10% for this cycle and just got 333lbs for 5 on the 5+ set. So fucking disappointing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Dropped my deadlift 10% for this cycle and just got 333lbs for 5 on the 5+ set. So fucking disappointing.
View Quote

There's always next week.  I'm dissatisfied with myself pretty much every workout.  Then I get a win every now and again.  Being disappointed is part of the game.  What are you doing for deadlift accessories?
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Jarcese:

There's always next week.  I'm dissatisfied with myself pretty much every workout.  Then I get a win every now and again.  Being disappointed is part of the game.  What are you doing for deadlift accessories?
View Quote

More deadlifts.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#44]

More deadlifts.
View All Quotes

More deadlifts.

That might be an issue.  You have two hard deadlift days or light day/hard day or just one day 531AMRAP?  Do you do all the BBB sets?  I prefer to only do 2 or 3 BBB.. or none on DL.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#45]
On Tuesday I do 531deadlift and BBB squat and on Friday I do 531 squat and BBB deadlift. I haven't been consistent with the BBB deadlift because I keep running out of time
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Smelling salts with a cold was a terrible idea , it was a delayed reaction too, I was about to get under the bar when I started to gag and had to pull out my mouthpiece to hack up some grossness.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#47]
If anyone comes across a sale on a safety squat bar, please let me know.  Looking to get one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
If anyone comes across a sale on a safety squat bar, please let me know.  Looking to get one.
View Quote

Titan V2 is 10% off and Elite FTS is $365 + $90 shipping.  That's the cheapest the Elite bar has been in a long time and regarded as the best.  Titan is supposedly an exact copy, but cheaper and free shipping.  I bought my Elite bar on Black Friday last year and I believe I paid $425 and free shipping so roughly same price as this year's deal.  I would have gone with the Titan bar, but it was OOS most of last year.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Titan V2 is 10% off and Elite FTS is $365 + $90 shipping.  That's the cheapest the Elite bar has been in a long time and regarded as the best.  Titan is supposedly an exact copy, but cheaper and free shipping.  I bought my Elite bar on Black Friday last year and I believe I paid $425 and free shipping so roughly same price as this year's deal.  I would have gone with the Titan bar, but it was OOS most of last year.
View Quote
What is your opinion on them?

Here is my issue.  I've had a nagging shoulder pain for the last six months.  Probably due to throwing baseball batting practice for my kiddo 3x a week, but I also get it after doing squats.  Does this take much of the pressure off the shoulders?  I'm not going to stop squatting regardless, but hoping this helps.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm not who you're quoting, but if you have shoulder issues an SSB is absolutely wonderful. Likely the best investment you can make for your gym after a basic rack, bar and plates.

Of the two mentioned before, the geometry is pretty much identical. The EliteFTS is made in the USA and you pay a premium for that. The Titan is cheaper but imported. The only significant functional difference is that the EliteFTS is powder coated while the Titan has a chrome finish. Neither finish is particularly durable, but the Titan is reported as less prone to chipping, etc. For what it's worth, I have (specialty) bars from Rogue, Titan, Kabuki, BoS and Rep, so not tied to any particular brand, but I went with the Titan for my SSB.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top