BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By therex:
lol nah

485 squat, 230 bench, 485 dead. :) No bonus points for going above so I just did my best and then the minimum deadlift. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SCW:

1200lb total?

So that's 550 dead, 500 squat and a 150 bench?  Bro, you need a name change from therex to t-rex

Nice job, that's a sweet total.
lol nah

485 squat, 230 bench, 485 dead. :) No bonus points for going above so I just did my best and then the minimum deadlift. 
Lol, I thought you were saying my site was fucked up and I owe you 1200 pounds of coffee.    I hope to get back to not being a pussy soon.  I actually did a bench press machine this morning.  .  I just roasted some Kenya Kigutha last night, and I have to say it is delicious.  But you are going to like the hambela.  I am going to work on creating a breakfast blend.  But it's actually going to be a lifting blend.  I may call it the strongman blend.  In memory of lawyerup's strongman career.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Website looks great, who did the pictures?

I've been sorta intending to do a website about my greenhouse, I've got a ton of interest in it locally and they all want to know specifics, but the only place I've put any pics or explanation is in GD, and I'm sure as hell not sending the general public there, lol.

I'm envious that you can decide to make a website and days later have a functional and nice looking website.  I can barely decide to have a poop each day and get it done.
View Quote
Uh, I just found them.

I used shopify.  It's pretty simple.  The harder part was configuring a method for local pickup with no shipping.  I found an app to do that and I'm working on getting that integrated.  Because I can see where local people are cancelling orders because they don't want to pay 6 bucks or so for shipping within the same locality, which I don't blame at all.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
lol nah

View All Quotes

1200lb total?

So that's 550 dead, 500 squat and a 150 bench?  Bro, you need a name change from therex to t-rex

Nice job, that's a sweet total.
lol nah

Very nice.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Video Proof:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba68T9nhCIC/
View Quote
Nice man...
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
SCW your coffee is on the way, and I have some overseas to 10th Group SF to my deployed workout partner.  Sorry Rex, bro.  I didn't have another Hambela with me today.  Yours is going out tomorrow.  

Getting the CT scan tomorrow.  At least I can drink coffee beforehand.  Because if not, fuck that.  Happy Halloween.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I can bench as much as Rex
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
I think I can bench as much as Rex
View Quote
If you can't, I pray the Almighty lifts your curse.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Sorry Rex, bro.  I didn't have another Hambela with me today.  Yours is going out tomorrow.
View Quote
No worries, M8. SCW may get his coffee before I do but he will always get his squat after.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
No worries, M8. SCW may get his coffee before I do but he will always get his squat after.
View Quote
lol

It's been about two months since I've even done a squat now

Thanks LawyerUp, looking forward to it.  Good luck at the doc.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#11]

lol

It's been about two months since I've even done a squat now

Thanks LawyerUp, looking forward to it.  Good luck at the doc.
View Quote
No squats Bud? Aw man...you have a good squat, hopefully you can get back to squatting again soon.
Good luck Lawyer up,Keep positive.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi guize

I haven't lifted since July because I bought a house and have spent every second of my life working on it, haha.

Tonight I restart 5x5.

Am going to die.

I'm down like 18lbs since July too and it ain't fat loss, haha.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thormx538:
Hi guize

I haven't lifted since July because I bought a house and have spent every second of my life working on it, haha.

Tonight I restart 5x5.

Am going to die.

I'm down like 18lbs since July too and it ain't fat loss, haha.
View Quote
No You wont die - 3 month's time off is not all that bad.. You'll come back to previous levels within 3-4 months or less, most likely.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Sorry Rex, bro.  I didn't have another Hambela with me today.  Yours is going out tomorrow.
Rex, I'm gonna send you some Kenya too. Let me know when you're running low on that Hambela.

I just was able to lower the prices on my kenya and ethiopia because I finally got the wholesale prices on those beans I was trying to get.  I'm gonna work on creating a blend with some beans I just got today from Brazil and Guatemala. It should appeal to the regular coffee crowd, so that I could interest local restaurants and whatnot.  Should be a little cheaper as well.  Really having fun with this.

Well, I haven't heard anything yet on my CT scan, so I"ll just assume that no news is good news at this point.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Rex, I'm gonna send you some Kenya too. Let me know when you're running low on that Hambela.

I just was able to lower the prices on my kenya and ethiopia because I finally got the wholesale prices on those beans I was trying to get.  I'm gonna work on creating a blend with some beans I just got today from Brazil and Guatemala. It should appeal to the regular coffee crowd, so that I could interest local restaurants and whatnot.  Should be a little cheaper as well.  Really having fun with this.

Well, I haven't heard anything yet on my CT scan, so I"ll just assume that no news is good news at this point.
View Quote
Your shipping tracking is on fuckin' point my man, email updates at every major interval, I looooooooove it. 

I'll have some beans in my moka pot tomorrow, I'll pass along how they are. 
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Your shipping tracking is on fuckin' point my man, email updates at every major interval, I looooooooove it. 

I'll have some beans in my moka pot tomorrow, I'll pass along how they are. 
View Quote
I opened a new can of Costco ground garbage this morning. Anxiously checking the mail....
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuuuuckkk.

Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
I should be placing an order by Monday. This last week was stupid busy at work so I didn't have my normal free time on the computer.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuuuuckkk.

https://i.imgur.com/MtIybr8.gif
View Quote
Beans got here yesterday, I just had my first cup and I'm pretty sure it has ruined coffee for the rest of my life.  I used to like McDonald's coffee and could tolerate gas station crap.  This is amazing.

Thanks LawyerUp, that's very, very good.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Wife ordered coffee. She is the smart one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Sick the past couple of days. I'm pissed man.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#22]
For future reference...

When a guy asks if he needs a gun, the answer is ALWAYS "yes".

My G43 is by far my favorite carry piece. Currently using a RCS Vanguard but it isn't comfy all day long. The holster buying commences...

Anyone hear of Spearwolf? I hear the owner doesn't even lift...  

@Hank
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hank:
and

That dude sure as shit doesn’t lift, at least not right now. Business, full time job, school, and family keep him rolling prettt heavy, but I’ll tell him y’all said “hi”.
View Quote
As someone with a job, wife, kids and an engineering degree (pre-wife/kids), but no business...I can only assume you either don't sleep or you have created a time expander.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Beans got here yesterday, I just had my first cup and I'm pretty sure it has ruined coffee for the rest of my life.  I used to like McDonald's coffee and could tolerate gas station crap.  This is amazing.

View All Quotes
Fuuuuckkk.

https://i.imgur.com/MtIybr8.gif

That didn't take too long to get them out there.

Glad you like them.  Now you have to get all sorts of brewing gear.  My go-to has been the chemex, because the wife likes a clean cup of coffee.  But my favorite is the french press, because it's like going on a coffee IV.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
Wife ordered coffee. She is the smart one.
View Quote
Just roasted and going out today.  

Here's your batch of Hambela.

Attachment Attached File

Doing my duty as a guinea pig on my chemex a few minutes ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Glad you like them.  Now you have to get all sorts of brewing gear.  My go-to has been the chemex, because the wife likes a clean cup of coffee.  But my favorite is the french press, because it's like going on a coffee IV.
View Quote
My first cup was from my AeroPress, but today I was in a hurry and just ran it through the Mr. Coffee.  Not even close to as good, but still much better than anything local.  Just got back from the gym and will make another cup with the AeroPress.

Let me know when you've got another blend you're proud of and I'll buy it.  A friend of mine is a huge coffee connoisseur and I'd like to share some.  When I have enough to share...
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#28]
My first cup was from my AeroPress, but today I was in a hurry and just ran it through the Mr. Coffee.  Not even close to as good, but still much better than anything local.  Just got back from the gym and will make another cup with the AeroPress.

Let me know when you've got another blend you're proud of and I'll buy it.  A friend of mine is a huge coffee connoisseur and I'd like to share some.  When I have enough to share...
View All Quotes

I developed two blends this weekend I'm gonna put up.  So far, I really love the african coffees, really light roasted, because I just like the flavor of it.  But to appeal to people who like other styles of coffee, I did a dark roast blend and a medium roast blend.  The dark roast is a beast.  A Brazilian coffee, dark roasted, mixed with a Guatemalan coffee, also dark roasted.  It will put hair on your chest.  Then I worked up a much more mellow blend of a Colombian Supremo coffee, medium roasted, with a Nicaraguan coffee, also medium roasted.  I worked up the blend cupping it yesterday, and had my first two real brewed cups of it this morning.  And I really liked it.

I drove the kids to school drinking it, trying to figure out what the prominent taste was.  Finally I realized it, it has like a roasted apples, or apple cider taste to it.  

Not sure what to call them.  For the dark blend I was thinking either Strongman blend, or maybe Berserker Blend.    On googling those, I see they've been used before.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#29]

I developed two blends this weekend I'm gonna put up.  So far, I really love the african coffees, really light roasted, because I just like the flavor of it.  But to appeal to people who like other styles of coffee, I did a dark roast blend and a medium roast blend.  The dark roast is a beast.  A Brazilian coffee, dark roasted, mixed with a Guatemalan coffee, also dark roasted.  It will put hair on your chest.  Then I worked up a much more mellow blend of a Colombian Supremo coffee, medium roasted, with a Nicaraguan coffee, also medium roasted.  I worked up the blend cupping it yesterday, and had my first two real brewed cups of it this morning.  And I really liked it.

I drove the kids to school drinking it, trying to figure out what the prominent taste was.  Finally I realized it, it has like a roasted apples, or apple cider taste to it.  

Not sure what to call them.  For the dark blend I was thinking either Strongman blend, or maybe Berserker Blend.    On googling those, I see they've been used before.  Any ideas?
View Quote
I think it's only right that we have a blend called the Squat Rack, but my dog was named 'dog' and I drink Costco garbage, so my opinion is weaker than my gas station coffee.

I've honestly never tried any specialty coffee, this Ethiopian stuff is my first.  Whatever blends are similar or complimentary to this is what I am really interested in.  But the strong stuff for a preworkout would also be nice.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#30]
That's it.  Squat Rack blend.  I'm on it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Great now one of us sells coffee. Damn it.

Are those 12oz or 16oz bags?
View All Quotes
15% arf discount.  Use code FUAROCK  
Great now one of us sells coffee. Damn it.

Are those 12oz or 16oz bags?
12. oz bags.  What do you think?  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#35]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277223/IMG_5740-354695.JPG
View Quote
OK, I'm buying some of that.  Question though-  Should I wait till I've used up this stuff?  Is it better the fresher it is even before it's ground or doesn't matter till I grind it?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#36]
OK, I'm buying some of that.  Question though-  Should I wait till I've used up this stuff?  Is it better the fresher it is even before it's ground or doesn't matter till I grind it?
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277223/IMG_5740-354695.JPG
The consensus is that once roasted, whole coffee beans are good for about 2 weeks. The 2 enemies of fresh coffee are sunlight and air.  So just keep them in a dark place and make sure to keep the zipper sealed after you open them.  I like to have a couple bags going at one time and change it up some.  I tend to go through maybe 24 oz a week, I would guess.  A lot more right now, because I drink at least one cup from every load I roast.

Green coffee, OTOH, stays fresh for about a year, so long as it doesn't get wet.  I keep my green beans in a cooler, and I am trying to only roast so much as I sell, so that I don't have much going bad.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 2:24:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't own a coffee grinder.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
View Quote
Fail.

I suppose a French press is a no go as well?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Fail.

View All Quotes
Fail.

You mean a Freedom Press?

I've got an aeropress. I'm a modern man.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:49:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#40]

View Quote
I have this one.  My wife (who hates coffee) got me the Aeropress and this grinder together a few years ago.

Amazon Product
  • Small, lightweight, and portable
  • The Skerton is the ideal hand grinder for the traveling coffee enthusiast, or the home enthusiast on a limited budget
  • Adjustable for precise grind and dishwasher-safe

Edit- no idea why that says it's $1.87, it's nearly $40.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I have an a-press, but use french press in the mornings. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Fail.

Lulz. I'm tempted to try one, but have so many coffee devices I hesitate to add another.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I have this one.  My wife (who hates coffee) got me the Aeropress and this grinder together a few years ago.

www.amazon.com/dp/B001802PIQEdit- no idea why that says it's $1.87, it's nearly $40.
View All Quotes

www.amazon.com/dp/B001802PIQEdit- no idea why that says it's $1.87, it's nearly $40.
Cheapest price on Amazon is $1.87.

Plus $37.37 shipping.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#44]
What is the advantages of an aeropress vs. french press? I like coffee but I give it a lot of analysis.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
What is the advantages of an aeropress vs. french press? I like coffee but I give it a lot of analysis.
View Quote
the aeropress makes as single cup of coffee, but fucking FAST and delicious. It's my favorite non-espresso-machine way to make coffee. 

Sidenote: I passed my comps so I'm officially done with school. I can't walk but my degree will be conferred next month, I'm pumped AF. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#46]
the aeropress makes as single cup of coffee, but fucking FAST and delicious. It's my favorite non-espresso-machine way to make coffee. 

Sidenote: I passed my comps so I'm officially done with school. I can't walk but my degree will be conferred next month, I'm pumped AF. 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Degree?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Degree?
View Quote
MS: Information Security
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 6:01:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Very nice. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#49]

As someone with a job, wife, kids and an engineering degree (pre-wife/kids), but no business...I can only assume you either don't sleep or you have created a time expander.
View Quote
I need one of those time expanders.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Good job.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top