BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By turborocket:
I did 30,000 IUs for about 8 weeks starting in Jan.  With no other changes in nutrition, sleep, supplements and training, my blood pressure has dropped from around 140/95 to 115/80.  I've scaled back the D3 to 10,000 IUs and continuing to monitor BP.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtV_1UsEUw
View Quote
That is a lot more than I am taking.  

His video makes sense, but I need to read more about it before jumping to those levels.

Also, I watched his sodium video.  Do you supplement that?  

I have been having cramps at night the last handful of weeks.  I may try adding iodized salt to my meals.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Broken thread

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Still broken
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
That is a lot more than I am taking.  

His video makes sense, but I need to read more about it before jumping to those levels.

Also, I watched his sodium video.  Do you supplement that?  

I have been having cramps at night the last handful of weeks.  I may try adding iodized salt to my meals.
View Quote
I don't supplement sodium but I'm not afraid to down some ramen noodles or some pickles as part of my pre-workout.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]

I don't supplement sodium but I'm not afraid to down some ramen noodles or some pickles as part of my pre-workout.
View Quote
I like the pickle idea.  I really need to figure out my cramping problem, especially in my neck, shoulders, and calves.  

I have been strict on my water intake, but not paid attention at all to sodium.  Since I eat pasta each day I just assume I am getting enough.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I supplement D3 and the beginning of this year was the sickest I've ever been >.>
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Hit a 280# bench. Woooooo!

#PR

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I discovered something shocking today... If you don't do cleans for like 3 months, you're going to really suck at doing cleans
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
I discovered something shocking today... If you don't do cleans for like 3 months, you're going to really suck at doing cleans
View Quote
Yes!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
I suck at them anyway, can't wait to get back at it again.  Been a while since I've clocked myself in the neck and skinned my knees till they bleed all on the same lift.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

#PR

View Quote
Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
You mean curls?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:18:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

You mean curls?
View Quote
What am I, gay?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Blueberry strength ftmfw!
View Quote
What a train wreck. Is it really that big of a hit to one's ego that they could be better at what they do if they put in some time with a strength program? Holy shit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Blueberry strength ftmfw!
View Quote
No. I have decided that life is too short to argue about lifting in GD. Arguing about everything else is a go, but not about lifting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

#PR

View Quote
NICE!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats on the PR Kaik.
Starting my next wave of 5/3/1 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:57:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#19]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
Congrats on the PR Kaik.
Starting my next wave of 5/3/1 tomorrow.
View Quote
Thanks.

I feel like I never stop 5/3/1.

Just mod it around my goals.

All my other lifts are good but bench was lagging so I added BBB sets.  315 here I come.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I feel more stable in the squat when I bring my hands in as narrow as possible. It feels pretty rough on my wrists, though. Maybe time to get some wraps
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I feel more stable in the squat when I bring my hands in as narrow as possible. It feels pretty rough on my wrists, though. Maybe time to get some wraps
View Quote
Yup, narrow grip to bunch up the traps, wrist wraps to keep them from getting sore.  My shoulders are always tight so I started really wide and get increasingly narrow with increasing weight.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I spent all day Saturday in a skid steer moving dirt around and that bone spur on my knee hated being stuck in one spot for so long, lots of pain.  Tried to squat today and was able to do sets at 315 easily and without pain, but a set of 5 at 365 made the bone spur scream.  So I'm sticking to doing slow and **perfect** squats at 315 which are actually pretty tough after a few.  Can probably do pause squats too, it seems like it's just heavy weight or sitting in one position that really hurts it.  Or if I bump it, that's enough to get me to fall on the ground screaming.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Are you wrapping your thumbs around the bar? If so, stop it! Try to keep wrist straight, even if that means you have to only rest 2-3 fingers on the bar. I feel like I wedge the bar on my traps and pull down with my hands so that my wrists/elbows don't bear the weight.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I still hate squats.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
I do too. I get them as tight in as I can and just focus on keeping the wrist straight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Did some bench today with my old lifting buddies.  Worked up to a heavy single at 315 and 325.  Felt pretty good given my screwy elbow.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Was patting myself on the back for making all my scheduled reps last week.
Then missed reps on squat AND bench yesterday

Seems like if I miss reps on my first lift it fucks me up on my next lift. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#28]
ugh bench press hurts my vagina
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By therex:
ugh bench press hurts my vagina
View Quote
LOL...I know the feeling well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Did some bench today with my old lifting buddies.  Worked up to a heavy single at 315 and 325.  Felt pretty good given my screwy elbow.
View Quote

325..nice man.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Started eating pickles to get sodium and my cramps have stopped.  I also feel stronger on my lifts.  

I was drinking roughly 8 cans of diet dr pepper a day and replaced it with water.  I think I let my sodium dip too low.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Started eating pickles to get sodium and my cramps have stopped.  I also feel stronger on my lifts.  

I was drinking roughly 8 cans of diet dr pepper a day and replaced it with water.  I think I let my sodium dip too low.
View Quote
That's awesome.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Did some behind the neck pressing at the end of my session. My shoulders feel great
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Hurr Durr lemme do cube deadlifts on the same day as bench Because fuck you, Rex...
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Finished off another decent training week (3+ wave):

Press: 205 x 6
Squat: 340 x 8
Bench: 290 x 10
Deadlift: 375 x 14

All were 1 rep PRs, except the DL tied a previous PR.

Tonight, I started 1+ week and logged 220 x 4 on the Press; a 1 rep PR.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By therex:
Hurr Durr lemme do cube deadlifts on the same day as bench Because fuck you, Rex...
View Quote
Why are you  deadlifting cubes?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Ed Coan says the first time he ever deadlifted, he pulled 435 weighing 130

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Finished off another decent training week (3+ wave):

Press: 205 x 6
Squat: 340 x 8
Bench: 290 x 10
Deadlift: 375 x 14

All were 1 rep PRs, except the DL tied a previous PR.

Tonight, I started 1+ week and logged 220 x 4 on the Press; a 1 rep PR.  
View Quote
nice Turbo
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:28:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#39]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="op65XuRqa7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
1's  week DL's. Was going to stop at 5 but ground out 10. I'm awesome at being average.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#40]
won't embed
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#41]
won't embed
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Couple of lifting things today:

1.  Finally got 480 on DL.  My weight is up from 177 to 180.  500 will probably take a few months, it is slow going currently.

2.  My belt is getting too big.  I've had the same velcro belt for years and love it, but my mid section has gotten smaller to the point it is barely giving me tightness to push out upon during heavy lifts.

Any suggestion on good belt?  My pant waist size is 32.  I don't really want to spend over $50.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#43]
One of you guys showed a link to some presses with a bamboo bar and a way to duplicate that with bands and kettlebells.  Can't remember who posted that, but I tried it today on OHP.  I did a few sets with plates then swapped out to a bar with a 25lb KB on each end with a band.  Weird and hard.  I was really feeling it across my back and in the little stabilizer muscles, but I managed to get 5x5 like that.  Seems like a good way to tax myself without a lot of weight which still hurts the wrist.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#44]

1.  Finally got 480 on DL.  My weight is up from 177 to 180.  500 will probably take a few months, it is slow going currently.

2.  My belt is getting too big.  I've had the same velcro belt for years and love it, but my mid section has gotten smaller to the point it is barely giving me tightness to push out upon during heavy lifts.

Any suggestion on good belt?  My pant waist size is 32.  I don't really want to spend over $50.
View Quote
I have this one and like it, but sometimes on longer sets when I'm a little claustrophobic and trying to suck air I wish I had a lever belt.

Rogue Echo
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:14:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#45]

View Quote
Inzer Powerlifting belt, prong or lever.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Consider spending the extra money and get a quality 13mm power belt. Inzer is good but there are others. They adjust quite a bit for when you gain and loose weight. The extra money you spend will be pennies over time. thanks for fixing my video link Sooner.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#47]
I really want to go buy a big spool of thread now
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Be careful with the velcro.  Especially once it starts to get older, you may be in the middle of a lift and the damn thing will bust open.  If you survive, you will feel powerful.  But it could really fuck you up.  Especially if you're squatting.  Another vote for an inzer.  I love the lever.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#49]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="op65XuRqa7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
1's  week DL's. Was going to stop at 5 but ground out 10. I'm awesome at being average.
View Quote
Good lifts!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Be careful with the velcro.  Especially once it starts to get older, you may be in the middle of a lift and the damn thing will bust open.  If you survive, you will feel powerful.  But it could really fuck you up.  Especially if you're squatting.  Another vote for an inzer.  I love the lever.
View Quote
this this this. Lemme tell you what sucks fucking floppy donkey dicks: Putting 90% on your back, going down in the bottom for a 3-count, and having the velcro pop on your way up. Fucking BULLSHIT, I am done with non-locking velcro forever.

I also ordered an Inzer lever belt. I hope I'll get it someday. 
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top