BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

So much running. So much. I walked a mile after I ate lunch. That's good, right?

Nice pistol btw! Kinda surprised it wasn't an M9A3 though. Speaking of M9's, did you do the factory G conversion? I remember you ordered the stuff, but don't recall the results.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Nice

I ran this morning with my new plate carrier 4 miles. My wife beat me but she just runs in an interceptor with no plates. But I really am out of shape. I haven't done anything in the last 2 weeks but eat breakfast sandwiches and drink whiskey.

So much running. So much. I walked a mile after I ate lunch. That's good, right?

Nice pistol btw! Kinda surprised it wasn't an M9A3 though. Speaking of M9's, did you do the factory G conversion? I remember you ordered the stuff, but don't recall the results.

Yeah. I've got the g conversion on my m9a1 compact and 92fs. So far they work great. I shoot the compact a lot and it's been great.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

I love that guy.  I really would like to take one of his classes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Pulled 545 last night. Kind of ugly. I kinda good morning'd it above my knees then squatted it up. Oh well, 495/455/405 for reps were clean. Then did cardio at 315 and 225. Down 11+lbs, so I'm not too disappointed with the 545.
View Quote

nice man
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#4]
I guess I can actually contribute to this thread now that I'm doing 5/3/1 on most of my main lifts.

For future reference, don't do "week 2" deadlifts on Monday and "week 3" deadlifts on Friday.... that's not smart. I actually did 3 reps for the 1+ set but felt like shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Got amrap on OHP yesterday and deadlift today.
Almost doing my body weight on OHP. Never thought that would happen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been struggling to find something to hold my attention... there's a local indoor rock climbing gym that's $50 a month, unlimited. Seriously thinking about doing it. Anyone into that sort of thing? I've done some outdoor climbing before, but this is new.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SCW:

The guy that let me use his rifle had a Tikka with Kreiger barrel and chassis stock.  It was a pile 'o crap.  I had 5-6 shots missed due to the rifle not feeding the next round and having to yank the mag and single feed.  Had just as many shots where I'd pull the trigger and just get a 'click'.  I realized after a few stages that I could just lift the bolt and reset the firing pin and give it another try, for whatever reason it wasn't even a light strike, no mark on the primer at all, just a click.

So I'm a little disappointed with Tikka right now.  not sure if he had a bad gunsmith work it over or what the problem was, I didn't want to be insulting about his gun that he so nicely let me use so I just shot and shut up.  He actually did pretty well with it.
View Quote

I wouldn't blame the base rifle for bad gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
I've been struggling to find something to hold my attention... there's a local indoor rock climbing gym that's $50 a month, unlimited. Seriously thinking about doing it. Anyone into that sort of thing? I've done some outdoor climbing before, but this is new.
View Quote

Ya. Climbing is awesome. Is it a big one? I was in an awesome gym next to REI in Salt Lake that would have kept me busy for years. We don't have things like that here. Fuck, we just got an indoor pool.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
View Quote

Sweet. Congrats dude.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

Ya. Climbing is awesome. Is it a big one? I was in an awesome gym next to REI in Salt Lake that would have kept me busy for years. We don't have things like that here. Fuck, we just got an indoor pool.
View All Quotes

Pretty good size it looks like. I think I'll swing by today or tomorrow and check it out. They also have yoga classes...so...you know...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I think that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Pretty good size it looks like. I think I'll swing by today or tomorrow and check it out. They also have yoga classes...so...you know...
View Quote

Sounds like it'll keep you busy!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

One can hope
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Yoga is where it's at. I don't practice anymore but know most of the basic stuff pretty well. Tougher than a guy would think. My wife just got a yoga video and wants to do it together so so probably start again.

I worked hard not to be a creeper when I attended yoga practice. Started going because I was so fucking mad. It really helped, and gave me a solid, well rounded base to do all my other shit. That said, hot chicks in yoga pants is never a bad thing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I like doing that sort of stuff alone, out in the woods. Where are you located at right now?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Solace22:
View Quote

That's pretty good are you benching bodyweight yet?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

One of my favorite vacations I've ever taken was when we (wife and I) kayaked in the harbor near you there.  In and out of caves, around all the harbor seals, etc.  Have you tried much of that?  Maybe with a fishing pole?  I'd love to try that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#18]

One of my favorite vacations I've ever taken was when we (wife and I) kayaked in the harbor near you there.  In and out of caves, around all the harbor seals, etc.  Have you tried much of that?  Maybe with a fishing pole?  I'd love to try that.
View All Quotes

Not my thing really, and you're talking about La Jolla. Would be a cool occasional thing maybe, but not all the time. I get sea sick too (I'm a terrible Marine )
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#19]

I like doing that sort of stuff alone, out in the woods. Where are you located at right now?
View Quote

I'm in Vista, there isn't much outdoor climbing until you get to Joshua Tree...I'd love to do it, but it's also a couple grand worth of gear and I'd need a partner. I'm more looking for something 2-3 times a week that can get me out of the house and keep me fit.

I just got back from a visit. Seems like a cool place. $50 a month is tough to beat, and it includes yoga classes too- maybe I'd try to hit that up once a week or something.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#20]

I'm in Vista, there isn't much outdoor climbing until you get to Joshua Tree...I'd love to do it, but it's also a couple grand worth of gear and I'd need a partner. I'm more looking for something 2-3 times a week that can get me out of the house and keep me fit.

I just got back from a visit. Seems like a cool place. $50 a month is tough to beat, and it includes yoga classes too- maybe I'd try to hit that up once a week or something.
View All Quotes

That would be good for the price. The yoga might help things heal up too.

How about a shooting sport that you haven't tried yet?

How much time do you get to spend with your dog? Maybe spend more time looking for trails to hike with him?

One of the things I want get into is fencing. My wife and I will start when I'm done with school.

It's something we can do together. I'm not sure if you'd be interested. Some of that saber fencing looks bad ass.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

That's pretty good are you benching bodyweight yet?
View Quote

well of course.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I'd be all over that. Only way to meet climbers is to climb. Some very cool people live in that world. They are always looking for folks who might be able to coil ropes.

Take your time with yoga, it can hurt you just like anything.

Have you considered spearfishing? I really envy the California guys over this. Really good time. Even here where it sucks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Got 315x5x5 for the first time tonight in the squat rack. Slight tweaks to my form helped a lot. I was letting my elbows drop a bit, in addition to not tucking my chin while bringing my chest up as much as I should. Feels a lot better with those minor changes. Bench has been feeling better the last two sessions too -- I need to stay tight and keep my elbows tucked more at the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]

I'd be all over that. Only way to meet climbers is to climb. Some very cool people live in that world. They are always looking for folks who might be able to coil ropes.

Have you considered spearfishing? I really envy the California guys over this. Really good time. Even here where it sucks.
View All Quotes

I'm not very amphibious
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#25]

How much time do you get to spend with your dog? Maybe spend more time looking for trails to hike with him?

One of the things I want get into is fencing. My wife and I will start when I'm done with school.

It's something we can do together. I'm not sure if you'd be interested. Some of that saber fencing looks bad ass.
View All Quotes

Oh yeah, we hike local trails and such. I should get out and shoot more, but I need something to stay fit. I'm thinking this is a good deal for a while.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#26]

Oh yeah, we hike local trails and such. I should get out and shoot more, but I need something to stay fit. I'm thinking this is a good deal for a while.
View Quote

Boxing/MMA with the boys?

I wish mine weren't such tulips  My 14yo is loving learning how to do programming, but at least he finally hit 500 kettlebell swings in a single workout today.  So he'll be a strong nerd.

I'm going to start an archery league with my sons in the next few weeks.  not much fitness, unless you're at the wrong end of the range.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#27]

I'm not very amphibious
View Quote

So no surfing either?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:46:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#28]
Worked up to some heavy singles on deads from 18" pick height.  Here is 600 a PR

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Worked up to some heavy singles on deads from 18" pick height.  Here is 600 a PR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuARFvNE9E
View Quote

Awesome! Looked good man.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#30]

I wish mine weren't such tulips  My 14yo is loving learning how to do programming, but at least he finally hit 500 kettlebell swings in a single workout today.  So he'll be a strong nerd.

I'm going to start an archery league with my sons in the next few weeks.  not much fitness, unless you're at the wrong end of the range.
View All Quotes

Yeah...my boys wouldn't be into it either my oldest will be trying out for a lifeguarding job soon, which is a pretty big deal down here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#31]

So no surfing either?
View All Quotes

I'm not very amphibious

So no surfing either?

Occasionally a pretty girl will talk me into getting in the water, but it's not something I care to do too often.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I'm starting a BJJ class two nights a week beginning next week.  I was finally going to see what it's like grappling with little guys who are well trained.  But one of my lifting buddies just signed up, who is a brute.  So, I'm sure they will pair us.  I already told him to stay out of my safe space.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#33]

I'm starting a BJJ class two nights a week beginning next week.  I was finally going to see what it's like grappling with little guys who are well trained.  But one of my lifting buddies just signed up, who is a brute.  So, I'm sure they will pair us.  I already told him to stay out of my safe space.
View All Quotes

That should be fun for you. At your fitness level you will be competitive quick.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm not very amphibious
View Quote

Bruce Lee Be As Water My Friend
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Crossfit?          lol
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#36]
carry permit costs are likely to be going from 70$ to 300$ in my state. lame.
http://wtnh.com/2017/02/08/malloy-budget-plan-bad-news-for-smokers-and-shooters/
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:51:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#37]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
http://wtnh.com/2017/02/08/malloy-budget-plan-bad-news-for-smokers-and-shooters/
View Quote

Just saw that.

$40 for 4 years here. I was born in CT. CT sucks.

I used to ride my bike when I was 13/14 with a shotgun slung over my back 5 miles to go hunting in cockaponset. That wasnt that long ago either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone got any insight into regression on bench? I've dropped 24lbs off my bench in the last two weeks. I do know that we won't always hit AMRAP on 90% every week but two weeks in a row is kind of concerning.

Fwiw, work has been stressful and I'm not sleeping. I'm looking at a complete career change and its been rough trying to figure out which way to go. Only getting about 4 hours sleep maybe per night but it's not really much different than normal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:
Anyone got any insight into regression on bench? I've dropped 24lbs off my bench in the last two weeks. I do know that we won't always hit AMRAP on 90% every week but two weeks in a row is kind of concerning.

Fwiw, work has been stressful and I'm not sleeping. I'm looking at a complete career change and its been rough trying to figure out which way to go. Only getting about 4 hours sleep maybe per night but it's not really much different than normal.
View Quote

All it takes is lack of sleep and strength can go down the shitter quickly.  And diet and water intake.  And anxiety/stress.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Crossfit?          lol
View All Quotes

Crossfit?          lol

Actually, as a prior Crossfitter that was NEVER injured even while CFing at a competitive level who has now been injured 3 times while weightlifting bad enough to have to stop weightlifting, yes, I have been doing some more CF like workouts and will continue to do so. I just don't want to do it all the time and am looking for something else to supplement with.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a short attention span for physical fitness and I've already done that
View Quote

I think that's what you meant to say, lol

Part of the reason I haven't been in too big of a push to lift again is that I'm getting bored with it- but then again only being able to squat is pretty stinking boring.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#42]

All it takes is lack of sleep and strength can go down the shitter quickly.  And diet and water intake.  And anxiety/stress.
View Quote

The diet/water is pretty much good to go. Hitting macros easily.

Like you said, the anxiety/stress is likely the culprit. My blood pressure has even been higher than normal. Normally I'm in the 110-120 range and its been 140 here lately.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Like you said, the anxiety/stress is likely the culprit. My blood pressure has even been higher than normal. Normally I'm in the 110-120 range and its been 140 here lately.
View Quote

sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Over what? How quick did that change occur?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Over what? How quick did that change occur?
View Quote

70s.

2-3 months.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Wow that's some insane bullshit
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

Wow that's some insane bullshit
View Quote

Yeah we got constitutional carry now. But permit is still only $150 first 5 years. I'm going to keep it for other states.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:22:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Soooo....I'm going to Latvia for my 2 weeks of annual training this year
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm feeling much better after a week on clomiphene. Not "normal" yet. But...better. 25mg/day + DHEA + Vitamin D + Rhodiola Rosea. I'm not as tired as I was, and that's on top of an attempt to reduce my caffeine intake. Getting rando boners and more frequent morning wood, which had gone away. Increased work capacity in workouts which is nice to have again. My appetite has changed as well, I am not all 

all the damned time, and my workout recovery has been much better. I worked pretty hard on wednesday, and wasn't any pain to "take me out". Now I need to gear up for the discipline needed to remove this weight I've gained, and see if I can get my levels back naturally. I'm sure I've got a big ole nasty stress makes me fat makes my t low stresses me out. 

This sucks, but in a less sucky way than a few weeks ago. 
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top