Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
This is seriously my favorite thing at Planet Fitness.

You can do pullups and knee to elbows on it. And best of all it's not a treadmill or stationary bike.

I'm digging my Ohio bone yard bar. The only thing I don't like about it is the knerling.  It's much more extreme than I am used to. But I'll probably get used to it.  Would recommend for the price it was a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:

What a let down. For me not you. I was all excited to hear a good story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Nothing, it was a last minute date so she had a birthday party to get to. She was ok. Had an annoying laugh and was "off-season" so was thicker than her pics. Probably would have still hit it

She's been texting me a lot since then but I'm kinda indifferent now.

As the single guy of the group he has some specific responsibilities.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

View All Quotes

Nothing, it was a last minute date so she had a birthday party to get to. She was ok. Had an annoying laugh and was "off-season" so was thicker than her pics. Probably would have still hit it

Exactly!
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Did 220x5x5 squats with more of a focus on form. No pad.

Felt great. I still need to stretch my hams mo betta, but just having never "set" for the rep before was an eye opener.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

I was excited to make a new story. The beer was good at the brewery though
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Exactly!
View All Quotes

Exactly!

Don't worry gentlemen, I leave for Europe next Tuesday. If I don't come back with a couple pretty epic stories then I should just end it all.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Hank. I need a new iwb holster for my g19.

Take my money.

---

Doing some triathlon Saturday. Looking at the past results?... I think I can win my age group... If I can string together things appropriately.   If only they had a fatty division (Clydesdale =220lbs+)...  I'd crush that division.

Then it's full bore for the Indy Mary .   As long as my foot doesn't be a bitch again.  

Coach is dropping back and doing a 100k tomorrow. Wasn't prepped for the 100miler. The rest of the crew is in Colorado for the 106 west triathlon...

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#8]

The beer was good at the brewery though
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like Rip is doing a little Crossfit Bashing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#10]
This is seriously my favorite thing at Planet Fitness.

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/20160905_153355_zpsh0flzrnb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/20160905_153355_zpsh0flzrnb.jpg</a>

You can do pullups and knee to elbows on it. And best of all it's not a treadmill or stationary bike.

I'm digging my Ohio bone yard bar. The only thing I don't like about it is the knerling.  It's much more extreme than I am used to. But I'll probably get used to it.  Would recommend for the price it was a good deal.
View Quote

Make your hands stronger. Eat more protein. Accept the gainz.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Don't worry gentlemen, I leave for Europe next Tuesday. If I don't come back with a couple pretty epic stories then I should just end it all.
View All Quotes

Exactly!

AAR anticipated.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
My neck has been stiff and sore most of the week. Swam last night and now my shoulder blade also hurts. Turning my head in particular lights up the shoulder, so obviously they're related.

Guess I'll take a rest day
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

He is assuming that people training crossfit are training for strength, when they are probably training more for endurance and metabolic conditioning.  Yeah, not everybody wants to be able to do a pile of low rep movements at a high heart rate.  I sure as hell don't right now.

Got 8 hours of sleep last night and felt much better at the gym this morning.  Down to 245# now and can really see the muscle definition.  Haven't had creatine or bcaa s in a couple of weeks now.  Not sure of how much I miss them just yet.  Been hitting the generic grocery store Pure Protein powder hard at about 100 grams per shake.  Tomorrow morning, strapping on the plate carrier for a military charity workout.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

He is assuming that people training crossfit are training for strength, when they are probably training more for endurance and metabolic conditioning.  Yeah, not everybody wants to be able to do a pile of low rep movements at a high heart rate.  I sure as hell don't right now.

View All Quotes

Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to say. It's like bashing a marathon runner by saying "long distance running isn't going to make you stronger!" Well... no shit...that's not the goal.

Doing 100 squats isn't going to make you stronger, but it'll increase your conditioning.

I get that Rip doesn't like CF anymore due to his falling out with them, but seriously...
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Got 8 hours of sleep last night and felt much better at the gym this morning.  Down to 245# now and can really see the muscle definition.  Haven't had creatine or bcaa s in a couple of weeks now.  Not sure of how much I miss them just yet.  Been hitting the generic grocery store Pure Protein powder hard at about 100 grams per shake.  Tomorrow morning, strapping on the plate carrier for a military charity workout.
View All Quotes

I think he wrote that under the premise that people on his site/reading his articles are training for strength. Unless he is just way to stubborn to realize people have different goals. The way I read it is that training strictly with the purpose to get really sore is stupid. Especially since if you are really sore for a few days afterwards it is likely to negatively affect training that occurs in that time frame, regardless of goals.  Being too sore can also negatively affect recovery, I know I sleep for shit when I am really sore. It comes down to training smart for your goals. If you are doing more work just to do more work without a specific focus, you are probably being counterproductive to your goals. So adding in 100 air squats at the end of a SL5x5 day just because you don't feel like you did enough work would be counter productive, but doing 100 air squats after a big squat day to 1)move blood around or 2) push your cardiovascular endurance or 3) some other specific training goal, could be beneficial.

That is what I got from the article anyway. But my reading comprehension may be low today, I feel like crap. I am a bit under-recovered and my wife or daughter brought home some disease.

I made the sand bags for farmers walks. I used 50 lb bags of sand. So I duct taped two bags together x2, cut 1" PVC pipe to length for the handles and tied them on with 550 cord. The 550 cord is stretching too much, so I'll have to re-do that. But it is a lot of fun. My wife got all excited about it and had me make her one, so she has a 50lb bag now. She's used her's more than I've used mine so far. lol. Trying to figure out how to effectively incorporate them into my training. Any thoughts on what day(s) would be best to incorporate them? Basically my schedule is T: Squat, Th: Bench, Sat: Deads, Sun: Shoulders/Accesories. MWF are recovery days, so I will do some light work to get blood moving.

Any reason for stopping BCAAs?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to say. It's like bashing a marathon runner by saying "long distance running isn't going to make you stronger!" Well... no shit...that's not the goal.

Doing 100 squats isn't going to make you stronger, but it'll increase your conditioning.

I get that Rip doesn't like CF anymore due to his falling out with them, but seriously...
View All Quotes

It all seemed like he was saying only do conditioning stuff that won't make you sore.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#17]

It all seemed like he was saying only do conditioning stuff that won't make you sore.
View All Quotes

Maybe... or maybe he really just meant don't train with the goal of being sore. In which case he's 100% correct. Dumbest metric ever.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Speaking of sore-

That 100 squats in 15 minutes I did on Tuesday still has me very sore.  I'm meeting with my powerlifter friend tomorrow morning for help on the deadlift so I went to the gym this morning to help knock some rust off and feel a little better.  Sorta worked, I'm moving better now.

The best news was I did bench presses, overhead presses, triceps and even some  (really light) curls today.  Wrist was feeling really good now that I've been back on the peptides for just over a week.  Knee feels good again too.  I did 8x5 at 95lbs for the ohp and 4x5 at 105 for the bench press, after 5 months I figured that would still make me pretty sore, I couldn't go any heavier without hurting the wrist, but that's a great start.  Tried to get into a front rack position, not even close.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]
The kid is starting some weightlifting with me...his bar is on order

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

snip

I made the sand bags for farmers walks. I used 50 lb bags of sand. So I duct taped two bags together x2, cut 1" PVC pipe to length for the handles and tied them on with 550 cord. The 550 cord is stretching too much, so I'll have to re-do that. But it is a lot of fun. My wife got all excited about it and had me make her one, so she has a 50lb bag now. She's used her's more than I've used mine so far. lol. Trying to figure out how to effectively incorporate them into my training. Any thoughts on what day(s) would be best to incorporate them? Basically my schedule is T: Squat, Th: Bench, Sat: Deads, Sun: Shoulders/Accesories. MWF are recovery days, so I will do some light work to get blood moving.

View All Quotes

snip

I usually do farmer's carry type stuff on recovery days.  Another thing you can do if you're making sandbags is just make a sandbag, like 100# and do lunges with it.  That is awful.

No reason for stopping BCAAs other than ran out of them.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#21]

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14238358_10102234836501728_8762143722062400249_n.jpg?oh=60f30de962962b7379d38a3b2abf5e70&oe=587E249B
View Quote

You have an Olympic champion in the making
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#22]

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14238358_10102234836501728_8762143722062400249_n.jpg?oh=60f30de962962b7379d38a3b2abf5e70&oe=587E249B
View Quote

Lifting outside, always fun in the winter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Nice!

Bella bar?  I like the pavilion.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Yeah, 50 degree days get rough
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SCW:

Nice!

View All Quotes

Nice!

No I got the Vulcan ladies WL bar.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#26]

I usually do farmer's carry type stuff on recovery days.  Another thing you can do if you're making sandbags is just make a sandbag, like 100# and do lunges with it.  That is awful.

View All Quotes

snip

Ok cool. That is what I was kind of leaning towards. But my lifting buddy was thinking of doing them after deads. I didn't like that so much, too much grip work in the same day. We're neighbors so we can just do them when the kids are outside playing any day anyway. We are also planning on using them in different ways, sometimes on the shoulders, sometimes lunges like you said, etc.

I use a lot of products from bulk supplements, including their BCAAs. All the labdoor reviews from them are awesome. Been using their stuff since summer started or earlier. Cheap, no fillers. Their BCAAs have a soapy flavor that gets magnified when you shake it too much. You get used to it, it is a good value though. I make my own workout drink blend with 6 or 7 ingredients from them. So if you are looking at reintroducing them, amazon prime for the win.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

That is good stuff!
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

snip

Sand bag get-ups also really suck.  Lie on your back with the bag on your chest/shoulders, get up.  Repeat.  Go fast.  Get pooped.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Sand bag get-ups also really suck.  Lie on your back with the bag on your chest/shoulders, get up.  Repeat.  Go fast.  Get pooped.

View All Quotes

snip

Will that get me yoked? I want yoke. I hadn't thought of those actually. Might give them a swing with my wife's bag first. Seems like those would suck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Damn right they do.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Damn right they do.
View All Quotes

Damn right they do.

That is not winter.

This is winter. First week in October.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#32]

That is not winter.

<a href="http://s911.photobucket.com/user/colorsplash-10/media/100MEDIAIMAG0354_zps2479389a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac311/colorsplash-10/100MEDIAIMAG0354_zps2479389a.jpg</a>

View Quote

It snowed here a few years ago. I almost died.

Pulled 425#s for 3 today. Then cleaned 205#s for 2.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:58:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#33]

That is not winter.

<a href="http://s911.photobucket.com/user/colorsplash-10/media/100MEDIAIMAG0354_zps2479389a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac311/colorsplash-10/100MEDIAIMAG0354_zps2479389a.jpg</a>

View All Quotes

Damn right they do.

That is not winter.

It sure is in SoCal lol. It'll get into the high 20s at night sometimes, but still gets into the 50s during the day during the coldest part of winter ...which is why the outdoor gym isn't a big deal.

ETA- I paid the $10 or whatever for Tinder premium so I can passport my account anywhere in the world. Currently laying groundwork for my long layover in Zurich and then St Petersburg
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#34]
So I've got a local gym that;s closing. I'm going tomorrow to see whats left for sale.
Planning on grabbing some 45 plates and maybe some dumbells. 50 cents per pound fair?
What's a bar worth? Seems to be decent equiptment. Machines are Cybex and cardio is Precor
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#35]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
So I've got a local gym that;s closing. I'm going tomorrow to see whats left for sale.
Planning on grabbing some 45 plates and maybe some dumbells. 50 cents per pound fair?
What's a bar worth? Seems to be decent equiptment. Machines are Cybex and cardio is Precor
View Quote

I honestly wouldn't give $20 for the bars I see at gyms.  Most are really beat up and crappy stuff to start with.

I met with my powerlifter buddy today.  He gave me, my two boys and my wife a lesson in how he'd like us to deadlift.  The wife doesn't have long arms so she's still doing conventional deads, but since the boys have my ape-length arms he got all excited and wants us to do sumo deadlifts.  I told him I had a goal of a 500lb deadlift by the end of the year and he thinks it pretty possible, here's the training plan.  This is for 6 weeks, then we will alter from the straight leg to a conventional deficit deadlift, then change again to the sumo 6 weeks before the end of the year and over that last 6 weeks work up to a 500lb pull.

Warm-up using no more than 225lb doing Sumo style.  This will get me used to it, but I'm specifically not to be pulling heavy yet.  I'm to be working on form and getting the muscles used to doing it a new style.  Seems reasonable.

Main workout-
7" straight leg deficit deadlifts/good morning deadlifts,
10 @ 135
10 @ 165
10 @ 180
10 @ 180

Accessories-
Lat pulls 3x8 @ whatever I can finish, I'll experiment with it
Landmine rows 3x8 @ whatever
machine rows 3x8 @ whatever

I do this once a week, still doing my farmers carries and some shrugs, maybe some other things once a week and my more or less Texas Method for squats.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:17:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#36]
Big news:

Lifted at Coach B's, hit a 110kg/242# snatch.

Also, I have a girl all set up to pick me up In Zurich and we're going to float down the river and eat food then.... ?????
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Big news:

Also, I have a girl all set up to pick me up In Zurich and we're going to float down the river and eat food then.... ?????
View Quote

2 questions-

does coach B have a warmup named for him?

Does Swiss girl have pics?

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#38]

2 questions-

View All Quotes
Big news:

2 questions-

Yes he does, the Burgener warmup.

Yes she does, I'll get around to posting later. Blonde hair and blue eyes
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Big news:

View Quote

Sounds like a hot snatch.

And the weightlifting isn't bad either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Big news:

Heyyyyooooo

I kind of want to just give you guys the AAR rather than starting a weird thread in Team or something, but I also don't want to go off topic too far. What would my married bros here prefer?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Heyyyyooooo

I kind of want to just give you guys the AAR rather than starting a weird thread in Team or something, but I also don't want to go off topic too far. What would my married bros here prefer?
View All Quotes
Big news:

Heyyyyooooo

This thread has a topic?
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#42]

This thread has a topic?
View All Quotes
Big news:

Heyyyyooooo

This thread has a topic?

Fair enough

Unless someone has real heart burn with it (like our MIA mod) I'll post updated and AAR here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:52:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Fair enough

Unless someone has real heart burn with it (like our MIA mod) I'll post updated and AAR here.
View Quote

The guy who posted twice in 2 years. I think he is OK with it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Fair enough

Probably.

Also, Tindering in St Petersburg...is just...fuck. Russia has got it going on gents. I might not come back
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Probably.

Also, Tindering in St Petersburg...is just...fuck. Russia has got it going on gents. I might not come back
View All Quotes

Fair enough

Probably.

Yeah, because they are going to murder and rob you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Fair enough

Probably.

Two possibilities- that, or I bang multiple Russian chicks...no middle ground lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Two possibilities- that, or I bang multiple Russian chicks...no middle ground lol
View All Quotes

Fair enough

Probably.

1s or 0s.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 5:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#48]

View All Quotes
Big news:

2 questions-

That's pretty cool, I've watched quite a few of his videos.  What's your all-time snatch PR?  Do you think you'll be able to top it with the training you're doing?

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#49]

That's pretty cool, I've watched quite a few of his videos.  What's your all-time snatch PR?  Do you think you'll be able to top it with the training you're doing?

View All Quotes
Big news:

2 questions-

That was it, a 2#/1kg PR. Yes, I will PR clean and jerk as well. I'm actually not quite as strong technically due to my knee, but it doesn't really matter. I can still squat 375-390 or so, and until I can clean that much it just doesn't matter.
My lock out is getting stronger though. Now if I could stop the pain in my elbows and fix my jerk technique I'd be set.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#50]
So who else is on Instagram? I found Kai.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top