Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

Those look cheesy. I was very disappointed with my Elite FTS premium p2 power belt. Thinner than should have been and shitty rivet job. Inzer all the way. Consistent quality. My 2016 Inzer is every bit as well made as my 1996 Inzer (which still looks nearly new).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
If anyone's considering buying Super Training's new belt, probably shouldn't

Can't believe they brought such a low quality item to market and at that price.

Those look cheesy. I was very disappointed with my Elite FTS premium p2 power belt. Thinner than should have been and shitty rivet job. Inzer all the way. Consistent quality. My 2016 Inzer is every bit as well made as my 1996 Inzer (which still looks nearly new).

If I was in the market for another belt, I'd definitely go with inzer. $90 for their 10mm lever belt. Hard to beat that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Next page
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a 1 rep 205# clean for 2 sets. Then tried for 210#  I easily racked it but timed it wrong and couldn't get it up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KaiK: couldn't get it up.
View Quote

Kids these days. You know they make a pill for that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Low T.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 6:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By KaiK:
Low T.
View All Quotes

Low T.

Don't need T with tadalafil...

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By darktide:

View All Quotes

Low T.

I was talking about the weight. My penis works fine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Worked up to 495x4 on deads.  Then pulled 515 for 1.  Not fast, but smooth.  

Dropped around 80% for max reps.  Went 405 for 13.  Pretty sure that's a PR at that weight.  I probably had a couple more in me, but my back was ready to round all to hell.  I was grinding to a halt.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Dropped around 80% for max reps.  Went 405 for 13.  Pretty sure that's a PR at that weight.  I probably had a couple more in me, but my back was ready to round all to hell.  I was grinding to a halt.
View Quote

sweet!

good job

whats your 1 rep max?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

sweet!

good job

whats your 1 rep max?
View All Quotes

sweet!

good job

whats your 1 rep max?

Not sure.  I think I can do at least 550 or so if I don't wear myself out before getting there.  I need to get it up because it's too weak for many strongman deadlifting events at this point.  That's why I tried the max reps at 80% of where I stopped.  There's a DL program called Magnusson/Ortmeyer that uses that method.  I may get on that for 12 weeks and see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Not sure.  I think I can do at least 550 or so if I don't wear myself out before getting there.  I need to get it up because it's too weak for many strongman deadlifting events at this point.  That's why I tried the max reps at 80% of where I stopped.  There's a DL program called Magnusson/Ortmeyer that uses that method.  I may get on that for 12 weeks and see what happens.
View All Quotes

sweet!

good job

whats your 1 rep max?

nice.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#14]
5.37 mile this morning. First fast run Ive done in months.

While I'll still deadlift I think Im going to lay off heavy lifting. Ill just rep it out with 4 plates and drop some weight.

Im not into the tight jean look. Since I washed out Ill have 15 weeks of working out to make up for last semesters almost non existent workouts
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#15]
GM's

Front Squats
135 x 15,15
185 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 2
315 x 1
345 x 1 PR

Front Squat Holds

One Leg BB Deadlifts
45 x 15,15
95 x 15,15

SLDL
185 x 15,15,15
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#16]
So they are putting my mom on nitro stat if she still is having chest pressure. She can suck on them. Add it to the beta blocker, depression meds, and other junk she is taking... A lot of junk. Crap in, crap out.

Take care of yo selfs people!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#17]
well, fasting is good for you apparently.  

It’s interesting because fasting and caloric restriction has been shown to grow new stem cells, repair DNA, extend life span and retard age related disease and a much more, it’s even been shown to be effective as a cancer treatment in conjunction with chemotherapy drugs.  Unfortunately, you will never see a clinical trial conducted without testing a pharmaceutical drug, it’s not like one can make money off of fasting alone, or from an herb that cannot be patented.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

http://www.cosmicscientist.com/ted-talk-neuroscientist-shows-what-fasting-does-to-your-brain/

It’s interesting because fasting and caloric restriction has been shown to grow new stem cells, repair DNA, extend life span and retard age related disease and a much more, it’s even been shown to be effective as a cancer treatment in conjunction with chemotherapy drugs.  Unfortunately, you will never see a clinical trial conducted without testing a pharmaceutical drug, it’s not like one can make money off of fasting alone, or from an herb that cannot be patented.
View Quote

Same story with the peptides I'm taking.  They are derived from the natural contents in the human gut and stimulate the hormone response from hunger, in fact some of them are known to make the user very hungry when the peptides are used.  That hormone response to hunger is what causes the super-charged healing.

Pretty cool stuff.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SCW:

Same story with the peptides I'm taking.  They are derived from the natural contents in the human gut and stimulate the hormone response from hunger, in fact some of them are known to make the user very hungry when the peptides are used.  That hormone response to hunger is what causes the super-charged healing.

Pretty cool stuff.

View All Quotes

http://www.cosmicscientist.com/ted-talk-neuroscientist-shows-what-fasting-does-to-your-brain/

Pretty cool stuff.

Interesting. Kind of makes sense from an evolutionary persepective. If you are injured and can't really hunt/forage, your body would need to heal faster or die. I may be way off, but that is the first thing I thought of. I'll check out the article tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Interesting. Kind of makes sense from an evolutionary persepective. If you are injured and can't really hunt/forage, your body would need to heal faster or die. I may be way off, but that is the first thing I thought of. I'll check out the article tomorrow.
View All Quotes

Pretty cool stuff.

It's a 16 minute TED talk on an embedded youtube video.  You could just listen to it without missing much.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
What do my hands and wrists hurt after squats? I do hand stretches beforehand
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Truth2882:
View Quote

Guessing you wrists are bent back instead of straight. Also, do I smell Fancy Feast?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Are you supporting the bar with your hands instead of your shoulders or traps?

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

No. From what I can tell is maybe my grip is too wide. Next leg day I'm going to try some different grips and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#25]

No. From what I can tell is maybe my grip is too wide. Next leg day I'm going to try some different grips and see if that helps.
View All Quotes

Maybe you should video yourself.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Not sure, I have an injured wrist currently and squats are the only heavy lift I can do without causing pain.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Guessing you wrists are bent back instead of straight. Also, do I smell Fancy Feast?
View All Quotes

HAhahahaha!

I wear a wrist brace for squats.  Didn't realize how much stress squats do on the wrist until it was already hurt.

Do lots of upper back and shoulder stretches.  If you are tight on the thoracic spine and shoulders you'll try to make up for the lack of mobility with the wrists.  Get the back and shoulders to move freely and less of that movement will have to depend on the wrist.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#28]
GM's

Front Squats
135 x 15,15
185 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 2
315 x 1
345 x 1 PR

Front Squat Holds

One Leg BB Deadlifts
45 x 15,15
95 x 15,15

SLDL
185 x 15,15,15
View Quote

That's a rockin front squat Hizzie.  I was tied up with you there on your 325 front, I'll get back after them and see if I can keep up with you on them.  I have been doing ok on back squats, still doing 3x8@325 followed by reps at 375, I think my max is around 425 or so.

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#29]
No back squats since I tweaked it picking up an unconscious fat ass. Pretty sure I had 355 in me on fronts. Just old enough to not want push it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Ooooooh boy yesterday.

So I'm drinking my C4 and chatting with wife. Wife says "Hey, don't forget you've got caffeine and BCAA's in your gym bag now, take one of each before you hit your squats." Hey great idea wife, take one pill each, and hop up off the gym floor to stretch and warm up.

When I realize what I'd done. 2 scoops of C4 + 200mg of anhydrous caffeine.

What can I do now? Puke? Ride it out? LET'S DO THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

Doing descending reps, ascending weight. 315x10, 345x8, 365x6, and I load up the 385 for 4. Do one, there's this weird sort of dull ache in my traps and neck. Come up for number two, it goes from dull to sharp rfn, I rack the bar and just stand there while the fucking back of my neck cramps. Get a lacrosse ball to try to squish it out but nothing, can't feel any tensed muscles. HURTS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER THOUGH. Gave me a hateful headache for the next 15 minutes while one of the coaches asks if I'm going to pass out or throw up, because she needs me in different places for those two options.

Pain subsides, I do the rest of the workout, no more squats though. Today neck still hurts, along with shoulder blades and legs of course.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By therex:
Ooooooh boy yesterday.

So I'm drinking my C4 and chatting with wife. Wife says "Hey, don't forget you've got caffeine and BCAA's in your gym bag now, take one of each before you hit your squats." Hey great idea wife, take one pill each, and hop up off the gym floor to stretch and warm up.

When I realize what I'd done. 2 scoops of C4 + 200mg of anhydrous caffeine.

What can I do now? Puke? Ride it out? LET'S DO THIS MOTHERFUCKER.

Doing descending reps, ascending weight. 315x10, 345x8, 365x6, and I load up the 385 for 4. Do one, there's this weird sort of dull ache in my traps and neck. Come up for number two, it goes from dull to sharp rfn, I rack the bar and just stand there while the fucking back of my neck cramps. Get a lacrosse ball to try to squish it out but nothing, can't feel any tensed muscles. HURTS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER THOUGH. Gave me a hateful headache for the next 15 minutes while one of the coaches asks if I'm going to pass out or throw up, because she needs me in different places for those two options.

Pain subsides, I do the rest of the workout, no more squats though. Today neck still hurts, along with shoulder blades and legs of course.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#32]
What routine is everyone using these days? I think im going to try 5/3/1 here soon
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#33]
What routine is everyone using these days? I think im going to try 5/3/1 here soon
View Quote

Do you believe in 5/3/1 threads? Because you're in one.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone ever checked out Jonnie Candito's stuff? He has quite a few free programs on his site

This guy has benched 2x body weight and squatted 3x body weight raw
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Woooooooo!!!!!

Monday was a 36mile bike ride after my second to last 24hr shift EVEr;  20min run in that evening.

Tuesday was swimming for 40minutes (about 2k). Wed was off.

Lifted yesterday;   Squats long pauses @275 for 3x5.  Then 20rep set... Then 50 reps at 135...

Evening was 7miles slow.  

I can't stairs right now.

Light spinning for an hour planned for tonight.

Tomorrow is swim n run n Olympic lifts.

Sunday is 30-40 miles and an hour run. Workout.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Woooooooo!!!!!

Monday was a 36mile bike ride after my second to last 24hr shift EVEr;  20min run in that evening.

Tuesday was swimming for 40minutes (about 2k). Wed was off.

Lifted yesterday;   Squats long pauses @275 for 3x5.  Then 20rep set... Then 50 reps at 135...

Evening was 7miles slow.  

I can't stairs right now.

Light spinning for an hour planned for tonight.

Tomorrow is swim n run n Olympic lifts.

Sunday is 30-40 miles and an hour run. Workout.
View Quote

So much cardio!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:05:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#37]
Pulled 365# for 7, PR!

Then got on the bar with 440#s on it, PR!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Pulled 365# for 7, PR!

View Quote

HA! And you wanted to wait three weeks! Lol. Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Pulled 365# for 7, PR!

Thanks.

I tried to do 425#s on video after it and couldn't get it off the ground, destroyed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Vacation starts tomorrow.

I'm going to eat a ton!
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Thanks.

I tried to do 425#s on video after it and couldn't get it off the ground, destroyed.
View All Quotes
Pulled 365# for 7, PR!

Thanks.

I hate/love that feeling when you are so obliterated that you can't defeat gravity. How many times did you try and pull it? Last time that happened I attempted it 3 times maintaining correct form and held the effort for as long as possible. I felt stronger the next day, it was awesome.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#42]

I hate/love that feeling when you are so obliterated that you can't defeat gravity. How many times did you try and pull it? Last time that happened I attempted it 3 times maintaining correct form and held the effort for as long as possible. I felt stronger the next day, it was awesome.
View All Quotes
Pulled 365# for 7, PR!

Thanks.

The 425#? Just once. I was so smoked I didn't even want to try again. I just did bent over rows instead.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#43]

The 425#? Just once. I was so smoked I didn't even want to try again. I just did bent over rows instead.
View All Quotes
Pulled 365# for 7, PR!

Thanks.

That's what I'm doing today. Deads then heavy bent over rows. Gunna bring the pain.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#44]

That's what I'm doing today. Deads then heavy bent over rows. Gunna bring the pain.
View Quote

So much fun!!!

I am doing bench press. I've been doing bench 3 days a week for awhile now. I want to get to 3 plates.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#45]

That's a rockin front squat Hizzie.  I was tied up with you there on your 325 front, I'll get back after them and see if I can keep up with you on them.  I have been doing ok on back squats, still doing 3x8@325 followed by reps at 375, I think my max is around 425 or so.

View All Quotes
GM's

Front Squats
135 x 15,15
185 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 2
315 x 1
345 x 1 PR

Front Squat Holds
405  Nice Front squat

One Leg BB Deadlifts
45 x 15,15
95 x 15,15

SLDL
185 x 15,15,15

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Just do it. buy the book and start it. Pick a template and just follow it. You'll thank us later.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Pulled 365# for 7, PR!

View Quote

NICE
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#48]

So much fun!!!

I am doing bench press. I've been doing bench 3 days a week for awhile now. I want to get to 3 plates.
View All Quotes

So much fun!!!

Sweeeet. I just started my mission for 4 plates. Should be a fun rest of the year. What sort of bench work are you doing 3 days a week?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Sweeeet. I just started my mission for 4 plates. Should be a fun rest of the year. What sort of bench work are you doing 3 days a week?
View All Quotes

So much fun!!!

Bench with more bench and dips. Sort of 5/3/1 BBB with joker sets. Seems to be working.  I got 220 for 5 today then did 250.

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Much fuckery at the gym today. Harry Half Rep and Petey Partial were breaking vertical in the squat rack. Sammy Shit Stain was in the locker room. For christ sake douse those nasty drawers with gasoline and burn them.

Pull downs to warm up

Incline BBBP
95 x 25
135 x 15
175 x 10
205 x 3
225 x 1
245 x 1
265 x 1
275 x 1 PR

I'm positive I had 285 in me but still overly cautious of the shoulder.

Chins
BW x 10
+25 x 5
+50 x 2
+75 x 2
+100 x 1
+125 x miss
+25 x 15

High cable face pulls

BW @ ~200 lbs.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top