BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By darktide:
Honestly not a fan.

At my size it beats up my feet. My feet and calves were tore up after that.

Not somethings would have done if I had an alternative pair of shoes...

View Quote

That's the way I feel when I wear other shoes.
Shortening my stride and increasing my pace has really helped my running.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SCW:
Wifey hit a 139lb squat which was a PR for her.  I didn't even try to PR after that 5k run earlier, but mostly did some reps at 345 and 355 to work on some of the breathing and bracing cues.  Good class, learned a lot about how he does programming and the theory behind it.

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/03DF70D3-66FA-42CE-BC5D-42F7FC0FE184.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/03DF70D3-66FA-42CE-BC5D-42F7FC0FE184.jpg</a>

Really nice guys.  Good class with a huge variety of lifters.  One kid was 14 and he was lifting with my wife and just behind me, so I was able to hear the corrections and advise.  That's the biggest thing I was after, the overall wisdom of coaches more than just cleaning up my squat.

View Quote

Very cool! Looking good there. I wish I had more time to do some classes.... But I'm trying to find time to shoot. I put in for antelope tags in WY. So I guess I have to go shooting a time of two before I go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally decided to build that 18" stone.

Of course it's raining cats and dogs every day, so it's in my driveway with a trashbag over it. Maybe wait two weeks before breaking the mold open.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

Very cool! Looking good there. I wish I had more time to do some classes.... But I'm trying to find time to shoot. I put in for antelope tags in WY. So I guess I have to go shooting a time of two before I go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Wifey hit a 139lb squat which was a PR for her.  I didn't even try to PR after that 5k run earlier, but mostly did some reps at 345 and 355 to work on some of the breathing and bracing cues.  Good class, learned a lot about how he does programming and the theory behind it.

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/03DF70D3-66FA-42CE-BC5D-42F7FC0FE184.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/03DF70D3-66FA-42CE-BC5D-42F7FC0FE184.jpg</a>

Really nice guys.  Good class with a huge variety of lifters.  One kid was 14 and he was lifting with my wife and just behind me, so I was able to hear the corrections and advise.  That's the biggest thing I was after, the overall wisdom of coaches more than just cleaning up my squat.

What unit? We are down to the wire and need to decide where we are putting in for Wyo deer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
12 days out. I tweaked my lower back which really sucks but it's not terrible. Just can't deadlift too heavy at the moment. I'll be fine by the meet for sure. I took an Epsom salt bath. I don't fit in the fucking tub, could bearly breathe, heart was beating out of my chest and broke out itching like never before. I think I might have had some type of allergic reaction. Seems I had a few hives. "Oh this will help you recover and relax." Bullshit. But I've really never been able to relax so there's that.
View Quote

That sucks your back is a bit tweaked, but luckily it is 12 days out and not 2.

What is the epsom salt bath supposed to do? I've never looked into it before so I am clueless.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By therex:

Of course it's raining cats and dogs every day, so it's in my driveway with a trashbag over it. Maybe wait two weeks before breaking the mold open.
View Quote

Pics?  I'd like to see your mold.  Obviously I'm always here to tell you you're doing it wrong too, just let me know...  

Are the diameters standardized?  Can you add lead shot or something to increase weight and not diameter?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:41:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#7]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

What unit? We are down to the wire and need to decide where we are putting in for Wyo deer.
View All Quotes

Without 3+ points, you might not draw. Limited draw with mostly privet land. I'm putting in with 4 points and have a land owner to alow trespass.

I think I might buy a gun for this trip. Looking at a 6.5 CM. Maybe a RPR or Savage 12 LRP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Without 3+ points, you might not draw. Limited draw with mostly privet land. I'm putting in with 4 points and have a land owner to alow trespass.

I think I might buy a gun for this trip. Looking at a 6.5 CM. Maybe a RPR or Savage 12 LRP.
View All Quotes

We won't hunt antelope in Wyoming. Plenty in SD. Mule deer are what we want. Either the Bighorns or Area B this year. Would prefer to hunt up high, but really like the desert too.

Savage 10T seems like a good deal. There is an ongoing thread.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#9]

We won't hunt antelope in Wyoming. Plenty in SD. Mule deer are what we want. Either the Bighorns or Area B this year. Would prefer to hunt up high, but really like the desert too.

View All Quotes

I love my 6.5CM rifles, I've got a bolt action and a semi auto.  The semi is a heavy pig but watching my son make rapid hits on steel at 500yds is a lot of fun.

Here's my bolt action.  Haven't shot it in 8-9 months now.

Cooper Phoenix

Here's a link to some shooting I did with my semi.  A long time ago, been about a year since I pulled the trigger on that rifle-

Buncha pics from the good ol days when I could shoot at work.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh my. That Cooper is hot.

I have Stevens 200 in .308. Nothing fancy, but I can dance to it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Pics?  I'd like to see your mold.  Obviously I'm always here to tell you you're doing it wrong too, just let me know...  

Are the diameters standardized?  Can you add lead shot or something to increase weight and not diameter?

View All Quotes

How do you mean standardized?

I'm using a Slater 18" mold, which should result in a "about" 240 pound stone. You can make it heavier or lighter using a different core, can't speak to lead shot...you'd need a lot of it.

I took some pics of the mold last night but it's pretty boring. When I hatch it I'll take lots of pictures.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm using a Slater 18" mold, which should result in a "about" 240 pound stone. You can make it heavier or lighter using a different core, can't speak to lead shot...you'd need a lot of it.

I took some pics of the mold last night but it's pretty boring. When I hatch it I'll take lots of pictures.
View All Quotes

Re: standardized

Is a 240lb stone always 18" and does a heavier stone have to be bigger?  IOW do you have to buy a new mold for a 300lb or will substituting a more dense material be OK?

I think you answered it though.  I might go for one with a nerf core.  42 pound stone has a nice ring to it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh my. That Cooper is hot.

I have Stevens 200 in .308. Nothing fancy, but I can dance to it.
View Quote

It's sooo close but so far away from perfect.  3 lug bolt/60 degree throw, drop mag great stock, heavy fluted barrel, lots of nice features.  But it can't use an AI mag and can't be retrofitted to do so, the action is simply too short.  Cooper also makes the Colt precision rifle and it's a bit closer to perfect, but limited production and not in 6.5CM.  

It shoots great with factory ammo, better with Hornady than Winchester but both under 1MOA.  I quit hand loading so I don't know what it's really able to do.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Is a 240lb stone always 18" and does a heavier stone have to be bigger?  IOW do you have to buy a new mold for a 300lb or will substituting a more dense material be OK?

I think you answered it though.  I might go for one with a nerf core.  42 pound stone has a nice ring to it.

View All Quotes

Concrete will be 130-150 lbs per cubic foot.  I made some 300lb "decorations" for a guy one time. We used buoys from the lake, cut a hole in the top and placed the concrete that way.  You had to vibrate it to consolidate the material to get the density and remove the air.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Chinz
BW x 10,10
+25 x 8
+50 x 5,5,5,5,4
+25 x 6,5
BW x 10

Incline BBBP
115 x 20
155 x 15
185 x 5,5,5,5,5
135 x 20

Reverse pec deck

High cable face pulls

Dipz
BW x 20
+45 x 10,10,10
BW x 15

Back extensions
BW x 20,20,20,20
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

if you make a more dense, smaller diameter stone, you're setting yourself up for eventual failure in competition, as a smaller diameter stone is a little easier to lift, assuming the same weight. However, if you wanted a stone progression for your own personal use, a foam - concrete - lead core set would have like, a 40 pound spread, I think.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:
Chinz
BW x 10,10
+25 x 8
+50 x 5,5,5,5,4
+25 x 6,5
BW x 10

Incline BBBP
115 x 20
155 x 15
185 x 5,5,5,5,5
135 x 20

Reverse pec deck

High cable face pulls

Dipz
BW x 20
+45 x 10,10,10
BW x 15

Back extensions
BW x 20,20,20,20
View Quote

Those are some ridiculous chins.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:18:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoonerBorn] [#18]
Well, apparently 5 minutes between sets is much better...

This guy explains the results.  http://www.fitnflexed.com/article/latest-study-rest-intervals-between-sets-muscle-growth

Interesting.  Working out at home makes this practical.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:02:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#19]
Injuries are a part of lifting.

The more I look up Dave Tate the more I like him. Seems like a hardcore motherfucker; my type of coach, lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hizzie:
Chinz
BW x 10,10
+25 x 8
+50 x 5,5,5,5,4
+25 x 6,5
BW x 10

Incline BBBP
115 x 20
155 x 15
185 x 5,5,5,5,5
135 x 20

Reverse pec deck

High cable face pulls

Dipz
BW x 20
+45 x 10,10,10
BW x 15

Back extensions
BW x 20,20,20,20

Thanks.  I'm trying.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Guess which lanky armed guy threw 315 up on bench this morning, and then squeaked out an ugly 335#?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Hank:

Well it wasn't kaik, sooooooooooooooooooooo...

You?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Guess which lanky armed guy threw 315 up on bench this morning, and then squeaked out an ugly 335#?

You?

Yes it was me.  I have long armbones.  What the femur of the arm?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

You?

Dunno, but it's pretty funny/humerus.

Congrats on the PR?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Congrats on the PR?
View All Quotes

You?

Congrats on the PR?

It is, except for college era.  Back when most of GD was backsquatting 550+
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#28]

You?
View All Quotes

You?

Muh feels!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#30]

Don't worry, it wasn't me, either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

You?

Muh feels!

That's like 100 more #s than I can bench right now. So weak. I do look like I ha e big legs in this picture though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#31]

That's like 100 more #s than I can bench right now. So weak. I do look like I ha e big legs in this picture though. https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7257/26760127586_e01e481bbf_k.jpg
View All Quotes

You?

Muh feels!

That's like 100 more #s than I can bench right now. So weak. I do look like I ha e big legs in this picture though. https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7257/26760127586_e01e481bbf_k.jpg

Is the weight cut getting to you?

Between the calorie deficit and the allergy meds, I didn't hit the numbers I wanted to on my last two lifts.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Between the calorie deficit and the allergy meds, I didn't hit the numbers I wanted to on my last two lifts.
View All Quotes

You?

Muh feels!

With this wrist healing so slowly I decided to follow some of the tips from Juggernaut on my squat programming.  It's already been going up for the last few weeks, but I might as well try harder and see what comes.  3 sets of 8 at 75% of max last night, followed by some single-leg presses to even out my wimpy left leg.  A lot of the suggested accessory work is hard to do one-handed, so front squats are still out, as are overhead lunges, goblet squats and a half a dozen other exercises.

I guess I might as well start eating for it too, right?  Nothing sucks the joy out of your day like a 300lb cow of a woman handing you your cookies through the drive-up window.  I still ate them, but felt fat for it.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Probably more like the fact I have been drinking for 2 weeks, and eating horribly.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#34]

With this wrist healing so slowly I decided to follow some of the tips from Juggernaut on my squat programming.  It's already been going up for the last few weeks, but I might as well try harder and see what comes.  3 sets of 8 at 75% of max last night, followed by some single-leg presses to even out my wimpy left leg.  A lot of the suggested accessory work is hard to do one-handed, so front squats are still out, as are overhead lunges, goblet squats and a half a dozen other exercises.

I guess I might as well start eating for it too, right?  Nothing sucks the joy out of your day like a 300lb cow of a woman handing you your cookies through the drive-up window.  I still ate them, but felt fat for it.

View Quote

For front squats you could try a different grip, well lack of grip. I like to do front squats with my finger tips touching the opposite shoulder. Instead of the cookies, maybe just get the double quarter pounder w/ cheese. If you are jamming the calories, may as well include protein. I wonder if you could just stir in some protein powder with a milk shake...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Probably more like the fact I have been drinking for 2 weeks, and eating horribly.
View All Quotes

There's this injection that you can get that will help counter your testosterone killing habits... Just sayin'...

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

There's this injection that you can get that will help counter your testosterone killing habits... Just sayin'...

View All Quotes

Well lets hope the wife is pregnant now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Between your beer, my chicken surplus, and SCWs McBarf, no wonder we are all messed up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#38]

For front squats you could try a different grip, well lack of grip. I like to do front squats with my finger tips touching the opposite shoulder. Instead of the cookies, maybe just get the double quarter pounder w/ cheese. If you are jamming the calories, may as well include protein. I wonder if you could just stir in some protein powder with a milk shake...
View All Quotes

Ugh.  Food in Wisconsin is horrible this time.  I spent last summer in the Milwaukee area and the food was great, now I've got a couple of bars and a grocery store, McDs and A&W.  I drove 25 miles for BBQ a few weeks ago and realized why Wisconsin is the cheese state and not the bbq state, but still went back yesterday only to find they are closed 4 days a week.

I might try some crossed-arm front squats.  I was also thinking about adding in some jump training, maybe put cookies on a stack of boxes and encourage myself to work hard.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

How was Hawaii?  

congrats if it's so, both on the kid and now being able to inject some go-juice again.  I don't know how you people can keep having all these kids...  

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Congrats on the PR?
View All Quotes

You?

Congrats on the PR?

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

" />
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#42]

How was Hawaii?  

congrats if it's so, both on the kid and now being able to inject some go-juice again.  I don't know how you people can keep having all these kids...  

View All Quotes

How was Hawaii?  

Maybe she had sex with someone that's not impotent while in HI.

We are done with kids. Our hands are really full with what we have. But I still toss in some HGC. It really helps to keep numbers up. You are still producing T. And the Cyp is delicious. Makes for upper level T numbers even when on a moderate dose. That, and I don't want tiny balls. I did notice when I started hGC monotherapy that the dull testicular pain I used to have went away. Another reason to push it for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#43]

How was Hawaii?  

View All Quotes

How was Hawaii?  

Hawaii was amazing.

I've been doing my part in the kid department.

Cola Warrior pullupception, me doing a pullup on a guy doing a pullup.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I just did squats. It was more disappointing than usual.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

That's not very encouraging! I've got deads coming up in a few hours. It's over 100 deg in the shop, so I'm hydrating now. First day I'll really need my big shop fan.

Maybe you should eat more protein.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#46]

That's not very encouraging! I've got deads coming up in a few hours. It's over 100 deg in the shop, so I'm hydrating now. First day I'll really need my big shop fan.

View All Quotes

I should.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

I just hit a triple at 4 plates then did hyoertrophy on the way down. Still feel mentally beat to shit from deads on Saturday. So my squat goal wasn't super ambitious. Usually I just do doubles at 4 plates so I went for a bit of a rep pr. The new inzer belt came in Friday. Makes squats easier. Pinched my fat painfully with deads. So I either need to lose weight or get a tapered belt.

Didn't you say you put a hole in your foot in the cola warrior thread? That could make for a shitty squat day. Just do bench, Kroc rows, curls and skull crushers for the next two weeks till that heals.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#48]

I just hit a triple at 4 plates then did hyoertrophy on the way down. Still feel mentally beat to shit from deads on Saturday. So my squat goal wasn't super ambitious. Usually I just do doubles at 4 plates so I went for a bit of a rep pr. The new inzer belt came in Friday. Makes squats easier. Pinched my fat painfully with deads. So I either need to lose weight or get a tapered belt.

Didn't you say you put a hole in your foot in the cola warrior thread? That could make for a shitty squat day. Just do bench, Kroc rows, curls and skull crushers for the next two weeks till that heals.
View All Quotes

Yeah,  I stepped on a nail or something on Sunday and it ripped a hole in my foot. I still did squats and went running today. Didn't feel too bad.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Yeah,  I stepped on a nail or something on Sunday and it ripped a hole in my foot. I still did squats and went running today. Didn't feel too bad.
View All Quotes

Just bench. Stop letting your legs rob your gainz. Stop fighting it, chase the pump. Chase it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I've only done 4 plates once but I'm thinking about working up to it again.  I'm doing a lot more reps of heavier weights that I was even when I hit 4 plates, so I know I'm stronger.  For some reason it's really intimidating still, but I remember when 225 was intimidating, then 315, then 365.  When I was in the class with CWS I got 5 reps with 365 and 10 with 325, no way I was able to do that a few months ago.  I'm squatting deeper now too, I think when I got 405 I was a bit below parallel, but now I'm really low.  Better hip mobility mostly.

Picked up a TENS zapper cheap last weekend too, I've been buzzing my patellar tendon after squats and it seems to provide some relief, but it's not like a switch.  Doesn't seem to help the wrist at all.

My wife and I watched a guy at the Fit-con in SLC bench 799lbs with gear.  We ended up standing in a group of really trashy dirt-bag powerlifters and she got a really bad impression of them.  The guy that did 799 wasn't bad, he was actually a pretty nice guy, but this other group...  We watched the oly lifters a lot too and the difference from them to that one PL team was pretty much exactly this-

Then she met CWS and decided all PL guys might not be a bunch of complete idiots.  

Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top