BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flinch08] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
My belt showed up. It really goes with my eyes. Thanks, Rex!

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/IMG_20160227_094356_zpsx6n17zgj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/IMG_20160227_094356_zpsx6n17zgj.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's hot.

ETA: I don't own 847, but neither does CBB.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
847 darn it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

That's hot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/IMG_20160227_094356_zpsx6n17zgj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/IMG_20160227_094356_zpsx6n17zgj.jpg</a>

That's hot.

Hot pink.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

I was just trying to turn the page in this broken thread.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Hot pink.
View All Quotes

That's hot.

Hot pink.

I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Last Saturday I was working out with my kids and showed them the 'grip the floor and screw the legs' trick.  They were amazed how much faster and easier their squats were, body weight and under the bar.  Probably added 10lbs to my daughters max.  But I realized that I wasn't doing it myself under the bar.

So today is Monday which means 315 for 3x5 followed by front squats 225 2x5.  And I remembered to screw my legs in....  Holy crap, fast easy squats and my glutes are so sore I can't move.  Apparently I need to get better at doing that.

Overhead squats are progressing really fast too.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SCW:
Last Saturday I was working out with my kids and showed them the 'grip the floor and screw the legs' trick.  They were amazed how much faster and easier their squats were, body weight and under the bar.  Probably added 10lbs to my daughters max.  But I realized that I wasn't doing it myself under the bar.

So today is Monday which means 315 for 3x5 followed by front squats 225 2x5.  And I remembered to screw my legs in....  Holy crap, fast easy squats and my glutes are so sore I can't move.  Apparently I need to get better at doing that.

View Quote

Nice.  Hit a new PR on front squats on Sat. at 325x3.

Got to use my new inzer belt on some squats this morning.  Worked up to 405x4.  Now have a sweet black and blue line on my waist.  I checked some of the online stores for a rehband support to go under it.  But sold out in manly sizes.  Anyone have other suggestions for avoiding this?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Got to use my new inzer belt on some squats this morning.  Worked up to 405x4.  Now have a sweet black and blue line on my waist.  I checked some of the online stores for a rehband support to go under it.  But sold out in manly sizes.  Anyone have other suggestions for avoiding this?
View All Quotes

How are you celebrating 'new PR day'?  Extra McMuffin?

I've realized I don't use a belt correctly.  I started watching it when someone in my squat brag thread mentioned that I should get an extra 10-20lbs if I was bracing off the belt better and I think he's right (weird for GD..).  When I'm squatting I tighten up and don't push against my belt much if at all.

I'm going to that squat seminar from Chad Wesley Smith, bracing and breathing are some of his focus points.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#11]

I've realized I don't use a belt correctly.  I started watching it when someone in my squat brag thread mentioned that I should get an extra 10-20lbs if I was bracing off the belt better and I think he's right (weird for GD..).  When I'm squatting I tighten up and don't push against my belt much if at all.

I'm going to that squat seminar from Chad Wesley Smith, bracing and breathing are some of his focus points.

View All Quotes

That should be a really cool seminar. Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

For me it went away on its own. If I take time off the bruises come back.

It also help when the belt starts to break in. In like 5 years
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View All Quotes

Ok sweet.  So just normal battle scars.  I can deal with that.  Didn't do it w/ front squats - just back.  Haven't DLed in it yet.   I know it's going to destroy me though with that bitch of a steel log rolling up and over the belt.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#14]

View All Quotes

My hips are permanently bruised from wearing tool/ nail framer bags back when I really worked for a living. I haven't put a pair on in 7 years and I still have skin discoloration from the bags bruising my hip bones. Now my Rogue belt pinches the shit out of my hip every once and a while.

I learned to wear the belt a juuuust a hair higher. Inhale deep and go down to set up for a dead. Then exhale at the bottom and adjust the belt to where it's not contacting your hip bone. Then go up and re-set for the lift with the belt a skoatch higher (ruffly the thickness of one red pubic hair). I did the same for squats to learn where it wouldn't grab me every rep. It taught me to not wear it quite so low. Helped a little. Still contacts from time to time.

#bruised4life.

I've read the intzers (SP?) almost dont break in. The rogue Ohio I have is fairly soft compared to yours.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

View All Quotes

I think it will help quite a bit, I can tell that there's little things that really seem to help but I'm inconsistent about them.  Like screwing the legs, bracing and breathing and staying tight at the bottom.  Who know what I don't know.

I haven't been trying to increase my squat any more than it is, but it's still good to be efficient.  I'm running a 5k for a fundraiser the morning of the seminar, but it should be fine by that afternoon.  It's a pretty relaxed 5k and I'll probably just end up doing the 1mi walk/run with my little kids and let my wife do the 5k with the older kids anyway.

Local crossfit gym (where I lift but don't crossfit) is doing a 20-rep squat program for the next few weeks.  Interestingly, they've noticed that their members aren't lifting enough or increasing enough and are trying to incorporate more weights, so for the next few weeks they are doing 20-rep max back squats with increasing weight each week.  It was funny to see how scared everyone was, nobody that I talked to actually hit a 20-rep max, they were all capable of several more squats at least.  I told my wife she's surrounded by fearful wimps so she ended up sticking an extra 10lbs on than she had intended to lift and still got her 20- and still felt like she had a few left in her.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]

I think it will help quite a bit, I can tell that there's little things that really seem to help but I'm inconsistent about them.  Like screwing the legs, bracing and breathing and staying tight at the bottom.  Who know what I don't know.

I haven't been trying to increase my squat any more than it is, but it's still good to be efficient.  I'm running a 5k for a fundraiser the morning of the seminar, but it should be fine by that afternoon.  It's a pretty relaxed 5k and I'll probably just end up doing the 1mi walk/run with my little kids and let my wife do the 5k with the older kids anyway.

Local crossfit gym (where I lift but don't crossfit) is doing a 20-rep squat program for the next few weeks.  Interestingly, they've noticed that their members aren't lifting enough or increasing enough and are trying to incorporate more weights, so for the next few weeks they are doing 20-rep max back squats with increasing weight each week.  It was funny to see how scared everyone was, nobody that I talked to actually hit a 20-rep max, they were all capable of several more squats at least.  I told my wife she's surrounded by fearful wimps so she ended up sticking an extra 10lbs on than she had intended to lift and still got her 20- and still felt like she had a few left in her.

View Quote

I think a lot of people don't realize how far they can push themselves in general and squats for reps are an easy way to see that. My workout buddy and I will egg each other on at the end of squat workouts to get more reps into the last few sets as we are going lower in weight. It is pretty incredible how far you can push yourself with the right mindset and embracing the burn.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#17]

I think a lot of people don't realize how far they can push themselves in general and squats for reps are an easy way to see that. My workout buddy and I will egg each other on at the end of squat workouts to get more reps into the last few sets as we are going lower in weight. It is pretty incredible how far you can push yourself with the right mindset and embracing the burn.
View All Quotes

Squat head.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Just benched 275x6x5x4x4x4

x6 is really good for me. My bench has always sucked
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#19]
So I was going to do some crossfit but I found out the pullups are just a form of cheating and oly lifts are just using momentum, not strength.  Really took the wind out of my sails.  I also realized that my shoulder hurts because I'm within a half mile of a 'box', even though I've never done a kipping pull-up.

GD is awesome.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Most of the water I drink is strait from an Arrowhead gallon jug.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Somebody convince me to do the de-load week.

I do (usually) every other day, then when deload week comes around I end up taking three or four days off (maybe run a few miles) then go back to week one.

And I fucking myself here? I'm not doing particularly heavy weight in general.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#22]
So I was going to do some crossfit but I found out the pullups are just a form of cheating and oly lifts are just using momentum, not strength.  Really took the wind out of my sails.  I also realized that my shoulder hurts because I'm within a half mile of a 'box', even though I've never done a kipping pull-up.

GD is awesome.

View Quote

I like it when fatties make fun of xfit women because they're stronger then they are.

and fwiw if oly lifts were just about brute streangth I would beable to do them

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got a 315# squat. That matches my PR at 22#s fatter. Thanks magic pink belt.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#24]

I like it when fatties make fun of xfit women because they're stronger then they are.

View All Quotes

GD is awesome.

And all the momentum happened how?  When you jet the timing and movements down that brute strength will help you hang on for dear life as the bar rockets past your head, right?  

I don't understand telling people to stop trying because they aren't perfect.  None of us are a few YouTube videos from being Olympic lifters, why can't they just have fun?

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got a 315# squat. That matches my PR at 22#s fatter. Thanks magic pink belt.
View Quote

Sweet!!

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Sweet!!

View All Quotes

Sweet!!

Just busted out 3 reps of 205#s on front squat. That's a PR.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#28]

And all the momentum happened how?  

View All Quotes

GD is awesome.

And all the momentum happened how?  

Inzer belts
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Sweet!!

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice Kaik

Shoulder is fucked up. Ibuprofen therapy. No bjj, lifting, or running until it is better.

Dammit.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice Kaik

Shoulder is fucked up. Ibuprofen therapy. No bjj, lifting, or running until it is better.

Dammit.
View Quote

Thanks.

Ibuprofen is the best.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Thanks.

Ibuprofen is the best.
View All Quotes
Nice Kaik

Dammit.

Thanks.

Ibuprofen is the best.

I'd rather have an Excedrin.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Nice Kaik

Dammit.
View Quote

Were you crossfiting?

Seriously though what happened?
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Were you crossfiting?

View All Quotes
Nice Kaik

Dammit.

Were you crossfiting?

LOL. My life is a crossfit event.

It was just a perfect storm. I pulled a muscle that ran from my neck alongside my scapula at the same time I was setting large stone. 7/8"X27"X17" made out of onyx. Very fragile. You have to really control it. I also never slowed down with any of my workouts. Even after I knew I was hurt. Stupid, as I know how prone I am to tendonitis. Now it has inflammed and spread. Bleh. Better this morning, and I have a pretty easy week going on.

I take ibuprofen for inflammation. Right now, 600mg 3 times a day. Not sure Excedrin works for that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINZ.

I'm sorry it took so long. First Inzer took forever because I guess "fuckin gaylord pink" isn't something they keep in stock and then I mailed it and it got returned "undeliverable" for some reason then I got like, engaged and shit so everything was just really weird.

In other news, I wife'd this yesterday because let's be real, who wouldn't?
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By therex:

I'm sorry it took so long. First Inzer took forever because I guess "fuckin gaylord pink" isn't something they keep in stock and then I mailed it and it got returned "undeliverable" for some reason then I got like, engaged and shit so everything was just really weird.

View All Quotes

Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#37]
I miss a few days on here...

SCW goes Crossfit

Kaik Skwatz 3 plates

Rex gets engaged

to you all!
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Congrats!!!  Here's to your unending happiness!

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

You could have gotten a different color, I wouldn't have minded.

Congratulations!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Congrats Rex.  Threw my new inzer on to test my strict press with the steel log.  This was seated backwards in a curl rack that I dragged inside a squat rack.  

Hit 215 for 1 rep.  A PR even with a barbell.  Also hit 210x3.  Also a PR, log or barbell.  Next I need to get the blocks out and test my log push press.  I'm tired of that damned log kicking my ass.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#43]

Congratulations!
View All Quotes

Congratulations!

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Congrats Rex.  Threw my new inzer on to test my strict press with the steel log.  This was seated backwards in a curl rack that I dragged inside a squat rack.  

Hit 215 for 1 rep.  A PR even with a barbell.  Also hit 210x3.  Also a PR, log or barbell.  Next I need to get the blocks out and test my log push press.  I'm tired of that damned log kicking my ass.
View All Quotes

Good job. Gainz brought to you by inzer
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#45]
There are like 4 threads in GD right now where Im the biggest asshole. Thats like a record or something
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Congratulations broheim!

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#47]
There are like 4 threads in GD right now where Im the biggest asshole. Thats like a record or something
View Quote

I had to walk away from that crossfit thread last night, but today it's funny again.  The part about bigger plates so they look like they are lifting a lot of weight really cracked me up.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

What? Did you email someone...? Until your name starts popping up in thread titles, you're not getting hated on.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#49]

What? Did you email someone...? Until your name starts popping up in thread titles, you're not getting hated on.
View All Quotes

I feel like 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon from you.

When I see it pop up, I think, "CBB, that's my bro!"  
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#50]

I had to walk away from that crossfit thread last night, but today it's funny again.  The part about bigger plates so they look like they are lifting a lot of weight really cracked me up.

View All Quotes

I hate it when potentially good discussions get bogged down by stupid arguments.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top