Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
#SickTeam represent
View Quote

Shit, if you add injured to that I think its all of us.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm good to go as of this week, injury has healed...going heavy monday...de-load week ends tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I just going to guess that a 50# slam ball is expensive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
If any of you have access to slam balls, try 150 for time.   I used 50#.  It's a cardio and strength ass-kicker.

I just going to guess that a 50# slam ball is expensive.

For rogue, it looks to be $100.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-slam-balls
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]

560 dl @ 203 bw. Hit it yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
https://youtu.be/YkFWhcnorio
View Quote

awesome lift. you made that look easy
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
#SickTeam represent

I'm not injured! I'm just in enough joint, back, and muscle soreness that it hurts to move myself at all.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Very nice.
View All Quotes

Very nice.

Beastly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Beastly.
View All Quotes

Very nice.

Beastly.

awesome lift. you made that look easy

A few people were telling me that.  Thanks guys, I changed my set up slightly and was able to pull a 15 lb PR. With 15lbs I was happy and wasn't going to try more, but perhaps I should have, lol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's a challenge for you if anyone wants to try.

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

Flat bench 185#  max reps
rest 2 minutes
strict press 95# max reps
rest 2 minutes

I got 93 reps.  Got 24 on the first set of bench, and it crushed me for the rest of the sets.  Probably should have used some strategery and cut off earlier.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#15]
very nice lift halfnatty
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

I got 93 reps.  Got 24 on the first set of bench, and it crushed me for the rest of the sets.  Probably should have used some strategery and cut off earlier.

View Quote

I'm all over this one.  I've been doing 50 bench and 50 strict press every Monday with my kettlebell swings.  I've been doing 165/105, so this is still similar.

The only Xfit WOD I've ever done was similar, 185lbs deads, hand release pu, knees to elbow, 8 rounds 1min each.  I slammed out 24 deadlifts first thing and regretted it for the rest of the WOD.

You should do a thread of a WOW, workout of the week.  Guys like Frayednot are crossfit-curious, they watch YouTube vids after mama goes to bed but secretly want to try a kipping pull-up.  This might be good for them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SCW:

I'm all over this one.  I've been doing 50 bench and 50 strict press every Monday with my kettlebell swings.  I've been doing 165/105, so this is still similar.

The only Xfit WOD I've ever done was similar, 185lbs deads, hand release pu, knees to elbow, 8 rounds 1min each.  I slammed out 24 deadlifts first thing and regretted it for the rest of the WOD.

You should do a thread of a WOW, workout of the week.  Guys like Frayednot are crossfit-curious, they watch YouTube vids after mama goes to bed but secretly want to try a kipping pull-up.  This might be good for them.

View All Quotes

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

Hey now, don't scare anyone off from trying it.  It's not "crossfit" it came from my current strength/hypertrophy program.  A weekly WOW challenge would be cool.  CF-esque but completely hetero.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Speaking of CF, I found this photo online of me and the wife unit at that CF comp in NC a few weeks back.  You can probably figure out which one is me.  

That was a bad ass facility.  12,000 square foot gym, with all the oly goodies and free weights to boot.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Hey now, don't scare anyone off from trying it.  It's not "crossfit" it came from my current strength/hypertrophy program.  A weekly WOW challenge would be cool.  CF-esque but completely hetero.
View All Quotes

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

What program are you following?  I've been on 5/3/1 for about 13 months.  Made really good gains (for me) in all four major lifts, but I'd like to change it up.  I'm looking to focus more on hypertrophy while still promoting, or at least maintaining, strength.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:40:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#20]
bombed my nursing midterm yesterday. Dont know what happened. I felt ok walking out of there

I went to work last night angry, hoping someone needed to learn some manners but everyone was great

I was one of 5, out of 30 something, who showed up today in a snowstorm so class was cancelled. wtf. bunch of lazy sobs

now im squatting fueled with hate and discontent

eta, i think my beard is getting shaved. Its like Samson but backwards and with facial hair
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Speaking of CF, I found this photo online of me and the wife unit at that CF comp in NC a few weeks back.  You can probably figure out which one is me.  

That was a bad ass facility.  12,000 square foot gym, with all the oly goodies and free weights to boot.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/t31.0-8/12615490_933917069978190_606854548583486664_o.jpg
View Quote

Now I have AC/DC in my head.

When I was in college I wa on the pistol team, we shot against WV (buncha HOT women on that team) and AFA at the Oly training center in Colorado Springs.  We went through the worlds coolest weightlifting center to get to the worlds coolest indoor shooting facility.  Hog heaven.

I came in third or something.  Really cool match.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SIG_gunner:

What program are you following?  I've been on 5/3/1 for about 13 months.  Made really good gains (for me) in all four major lifts, but I'd like to change it up.  I'm looking to focus more on hypertrophy while still promoting, or at least maintaining, strength.

View Quote

I just finished my first 3 month cycle of "jacked street" by power athlete (John Welbourne).  I wasn't easy for me to walk away from CF since I was really seeing gains to my oly lifting and conditioning.  I used it as an opportunity to gain some mass and strength, hopefully.  Pretty damn impressed with it.  Gained 20 pounds in that time.  Gained 75+ pounds on my deadlift.  About 20# approximately on my bench.  Not sure about squat 1RM, but it's been feeling good.  Gained about 20# on my strict press.

Funny thing is, my mobility has been maintained, and my conditioning still seems good.  I just tested my strict pullups yesterday and got 12 unbroken, which is what I could do when I started.  But, I'm 20# heavier.  I think like any program, you get out of it what you put into it.  I bust my ass as much as I can.  I've seen other guys on the same program who are just treading water because they half ass everything and rush through it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I just found out that if I can get back to Utah by Monday I can spend a day or two next week snowmobiling in the mountains for work.  I'm supposed to be here in Indiana for another couple of weeks, but manipulation mode is now in full swing...

At least I'm not puking, so I've got that going for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
bombed my nursing midterm yesterday. Dont know what happened. I felt ok walking out of there

I went to work last night angry, hoping someone needed to learn some manners but everyone was great

I was one of 5, out of 30 something, who showed up today in a snowstorm so class was cancelled. wtf. bunch of lazy sobs

now im squatting fueled with hate and discontent

eta, i think my beard is getting shaved. Its like Samson but backwards and with facial hair
View Quote

That really sucks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#25]

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlt1/t31.0-8/12615490_933917069978190_606854548583486664_o.jpg
View Quote

You're the guy with the "why am I watching this pussy snatch 135. Hell even KaiK can do that while singing Elmo's got the moves" look.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#26]

You're the guy with the "why am I watching this pussy snatch 135. Hell even KaiK can do that while singing Elmo's got the moves" look.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Ha.  This was that workout.

For time (7 min cap)

40 burpees
20 OH squat (135)
30 burpees
15 hang snatch (135)
20 burpees
10 snatch (135)

Regionals level athletes (top 20 in the mid atlantic states) were failing on the last couple of snatches.  I was thinking to myself, fuck that looks awful.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

View Quote

I got 51. Think I would have done  better if it wasn't shoulder press day and I wouldn't have skipped lunch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#29]

For time (7 min cap)

40 burpees
20 OH squat (135)
30 burpees
15 hang snatch (135)
20 burpees
10 snatch (135)

Regionals level athletes (top 20 in the mid atlantic states) were failing on the last couple of snatches.  I was thinking to myself, fuck that looks awful.
View All Quotes

For time (7 min cap)

40 burpees
20 OH squat (135)
30 burpees
15 hang snatch (135)
20 burpees
10 snatch (135)

Buzzkillington!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#30]

I got 51. Think I would have done  better if it wasn't shoulder press day and I wouldn't have skipped lunch.
View All Quotes

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

Good job bro.  Maybe I will put this in another thread so it doesn't get lost in this broke one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Good job bro.  Maybe I will put this in another thread so it doesn't get lost in this broke one.
View All Quotes

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

I can tell you without doing it mine would be in the range of ~12-15
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

Thanks. OK.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#33]

Thanks. OK.
View All Quotes

Score is total reps.

3 sets:

rest 2 minutes
rest 2 minutes

Thanks. OK.

Excellent, I've eaten three meals in the last three days, all of them recently.  I'll give myself a good dinner tonight and hit this in the morning.

The number to beat is 94, right?  I'll see if I can hit half that...
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
<a href="http://s745.photobucket.com/user/theglassprison/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FF2751B0-455D-402B-9002-1D70628F1533_zpsrav5gihq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/theglassprison/Mobile%20Uploads/FF2751B0-455D-402B-9002-1D70628F1533_zpsrav5gihq.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s745.photobucket.com/user/theglassprison/media/Mobile%20Uploads/104C29F3-3FD9-42FC-8487-9B785640131E_zpshap0fv9s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/theglassprison/Mobile%20Uploads/104C29F3-3FD9-42FC-8487-9B785640131E_zpshap0fv9s.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s745.photobucket.com/user/theglassprison/media/Mobile%20Uploads/082EA679-30A2-447A-964B-2DF05B20BF0C_zpszmufcoyz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/theglassprison/Mobile%20Uploads/082EA679-30A2-447A-964B-2DF05B20BF0C_zpszmufcoyz.jpg</a>

View Quote

Sweet.

Is the height of the lower supports adjustable?  In other words, could the lower support be moved up about a foot?

I love the lifting platform too, I haven't done that yet either.  This will all be easier when I live at home, someday.  I just finished setting up my Titan half rack but I might sell it and get a folding rack if I can figure a way to mount it with my stem wall.

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#36]
<a href="http://s745.photobucket.com/user/theglassprison/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FF2751B0-455D-402B-9002-1D70628F1533_zpsrav5gihq.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/theglassprison/Mobile%20Uploads/FF2751B0-455D-402B-9002-1D70628F1533_zpsrav5gihq.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s745.photobucket.com/user/theglassprison/media/Mobile%20Uploads/104C29F3-3FD9-42FC-8487-9B785640131E_zpshap0fv9s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/theglassprison/Mobile%20Uploads/104C29F3-3FD9-42FC-8487-9B785640131E_zpshap0fv9s.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s745.photobucket.com/user/theglassprison/media/Mobile%20Uploads/082EA679-30A2-447A-964B-2DF05B20BF0C_zpszmufcoyz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/theglassprison/Mobile%20Uploads/082EA679-30A2-447A-964B-2DF05B20BF0C_zpszmufcoyz.jpg</a>

View Quote

Fancy.

You might want to fire your painter.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Oh hell yea!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

thats pretty cool

i wish i had room
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Sweet.

Is the height of the lower supports adjustable?  In other words, could the lower support be moved up about a foot?

I love the lifting platform too, I haven't done that yet either.  This will all be easier when I live at home, someday.  I just finished setting up my Titan half rack but I might sell it and get a folding rack if I can figure a way to mount it with my stem wall.

View All Quotes

Sweet.

Yeah no reason why you can't move the lower support higher.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Fancy.

View All Quotes

Fancy.

I'll let my landlord know

Seriously though I'll probably grab some paint and hit it just so I don't have to stare at that mess while I squat....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:32:24 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

That's hot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Nice rack.... i need one, but it just gets too cold here in the winter to put it in the garage.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
Nice rack.... i need one, but it just gets too cold here in the winter to put it in the garage.
View Quote

Build a barn

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Lol.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:38:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#45]
What store stock squat shoes? Having constant pain/ mobility issues in my left ankle. It's keeping me from getting as deep on one side. I get down to the bottom, and weird shit starts to happen. I'd like to try on a shoe to see if it helps me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
What store stock squat shoes? Having constant pain/ mobility issues in my left ankle. It's keeping me from getting as deep on one side. I get down to the bottom, and weird shit starts to happen. I'd like to try on a shoe to see if it helps me.
View Quote

Have you experimented with a 5lb plate under the heel?  It would at least tell you if the shoes will help.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Have you experimented with a 5lb plate under the heel?  It would at least tell you if the shoes will help.

View All Quotes

I used a piece of 1/2" ply. Seemed to help.

I'm hoping fixing the ankle problem will help with my back. Not feeling to hot. I dropped my squats back to 135 today. Just to get control and watch what I was doing closer. My working weight was going to be too much. Finished my 5x5 ok at 135. Then rows were 135 lbs and now I'm back to sore.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

I squat in work boots.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#49]

I squat in work boots.
View All Quotes

I squat in work boots.

I usually squat in the nude with Chuck Taylor high tops. But ongoing ankle pain has me moving weird about the time I hit parallel. My boots are pull on steel tow Ariats. No good for squating in.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#50]

I usually squat in the nude with Chuck Taylor high tops. But ongoing ankle pain has me moving weird about the time I hit parallel. My boots are pull on steel tow Ariats. No good for squating in.
View All Quotes

I squat in work boots.

My superfriend doesn't like it when I squat in the nude, so I quit doing this stretch with a superfriend.

banded ankle stretch

I do this about three times a week to my left ankle to keep it working right, for whatever reason I always have trouble with it but the right is usually in pretty good shape.  That said, I still like squatting in lifting shoes but if I'm out of town without them or something I can do squats barefoot without trouble.  I like to have the mobility, but the shoes are really nice and stable.  Besides, when you start doing cleans and snatches you'll really like them.

I guess that workout this morning really hit me and I wasn't quite ready to work out.  I finally ate something at 4pm and I still feel like crap, going to take some cold medicine and see if I can sleep through the night tonight and all day tomorrow, it's been almost a week since I felt decent.

With free shipping, they're practically free!

Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top