BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:

I tend to stay away from most "fitness" people. Most people don't understand my sport or what goes into it. Even most "powerlifters" that I talk to are pretty ignorant.
View Quote
I agree...the fitness industry is filled with so called experts. Everyone needs to choose wisely when filtering through the "experts".
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. How long until you think you might get your shirt? I ordered mine a little over a week ago, Titan said production time is 2-3 weeks. So I am anxious.

If all goes according to plan I will be testing my bench max in 2 weeks. Which should be a perfect jumping off point to shirt training.
View Quote
I called them up yesterday. They said it was done being made so it was in their shipping department. They said perhaps a week or two. Mine was a custom shirt though.
Inzer is a love/hate relationship
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]

I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up. How long until you think you might get your shirt? I ordered mine a little over a week ago, Titan said production time is 2-3 weeks. So I am anxious.

If all goes according to plan I will be testing my bench max in 2 weeks. Which should be a perfect jumping off point to shirt training.
View Quote
I'm going to PM you a link to a 2 board rage-x video.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]

I called them up yesterday. They said it was done being made so it was in their shipping department. They said perhaps a week or two. Mine was a custom shirt though.
Inzer is a love/hate relationship
View Quote
Yeah I hear you about the love/hate thing with inzer. They make great stuff. I just couldn't handle their response of "just send it back on your dime until you find one that fits." One day I will most likely buy some more stuff from them. At least your shirt will be sent out somewhat soon!

My shirt is custom too, they sent me a list with where to get all the measurements. If I am not mistaken(and I probably am because I wasn't paying too much attention) the front of my shirt will be red with the titan shield logo and the sleeves/back will be black. I think it ought to look pretty cool. When I order my squat suit I'll do a red/black scheme too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
I agree...the fitness industry is filled with so called experts. Everyone needs to choose wisely when filtering through the "experts".
View Quote
It is amazing that there are great coaches out there that are/were world class athletes in whatever their sport was giving away knowledge for free, but people still pay attention to fly by night idiots and/or trolls without a clue.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm going to PM you a link to a 2 board rage-x video.
View Quote
Are the straps competition legal(i guess this would vary by federation) or simply for training?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 1:58:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#7]

Are the straps competition legal(i guess this would vary by federation) or simply for training?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Good question. I"m not sure to be honest.

Sunday I'll do ~405 to a 1 board and maybe even touch depending on how I feel.

Yeah I hear you about the love/hate thing with inzer. They make great stuff. I just couldn't handle their response of "just send it back on your dime until you find one that fits." One day I will most likely buy some more stuff from them. At least your shirt will be sent out somewhat soon!

My shirt is custom too, they sent me a list with where to get all the measurements. If I am not mistaken(and I probably am because I wasn't paying too much attention) the front of my shirt will be red with the titan shield logo and the sleeves/back will be black. I think it ought to look pretty cool. When I order my squat suit I'll do a red/black scheme too.
Nice man, what are you hoping to put up in the shirt?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Good question. I"m not sure to be honest.

Sunday I'll do ~405 to a 1 board and maybe even touch depending on how I feel.

Nice man, what are you hoping to put up in the shirt?
View Quote
Let me know how it goes, should be fun.

So right now I am hoping to get 425 shirtless in 2 weeks. I ordered the shirt for a meet fit, which is their medium tightness. He said it will be loose enough to train in/learn but tight enough to give a good carryover(Titan also will alter their custom gear once for free, so I can tighten the shirt up once I learn it if I want). Currently in the USPA the VA single ply state record for bench just got pushed up to 523.6lbs. I want to beat that. I've read about guys getting over 200lb carryovers in titan katans/sup katanas, I am not expecting that much especially not at first. But I do hope to get solidly into the 5's.

Right now it is all speculation though since I haven't even held a bench shirt.

What are you aiming for?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Let me know how it goes, should be fun.

So right now I am hoping to get 425 shirtless in 2 weeks. I ordered the shirt for a meet fit, which is their medium tightness. He said it will be loose enough to train in/learn but tight enough to give a good carryover(Titan also will alter their custom gear once for free, so I can tighten the shirt up once I learn it if I want). Currently in the USPA the VA single ply state record for bench just got pushed up to 523.6lbs. I want to beat that. I've read about guys getting over 200lb carryovers in titan katans/sup katanas, I am not expecting that much especially not at first. But I do hope to get solidly into the 5's.

Right now it is all speculation though since I haven't even held a bench shirt.

What are you aiming for?
View Quote
It's mostly speculation here too. I've only had the rage-x shirt on but I'm hoping high 5's but maybe even 6 for my next meet with the SDP. I'm thinking the next meet for me will be in the early spring.
425 raw is a solid bench man
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#10]

It's mostly speculation here too. I've only had the rage-x shirt on but I'm hoping high 5's but maybe even 6 for my next meet with the SDP. I'm thinking the next meet for me will be in the early spring.
425 raw is a solid bench man
View Quote
Thanks. My goal is to eventually break into the 5's raw. We'll see though. That is a lot of work and time away.

What federation are you competing with? I am leaning towards the USPA, but have no competitive experience. They just seem like a decent match in the area. Do you think doing a meet raw to get my bearings would be easier than doing my first meet single ply? I am still kind of on the fence about actually competing but I am pretty warm on the idea.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By vic-303:
Kaik, you must be desperate, if that was enough to almost make you fall off the treadmill!
View Quote
You can't see the booty in the picture.   It was very distracting. I was running at a 9 mile an hour pace.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks. My goal is to eventually break into the 5's raw. We'll see though. That is a lot of work and time away.

What federation are you competing with? I am leaning towards the USPA, but have no competitive experience. They just seem like a decent match in the area. Do you think doing a meet raw to get my bearings would be easier than doing my first meet single ply? I am still kind of on the fence about actually competing but I am pretty warm on the idea.
View Quote
I usually compete with the IPA. But there's a bunch of good ones out there, I wouldn't get too caught up in picking a fed. I would definitely do a raw meet before an equipped, but that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]

I usually compete with the IPA. But there's a bunch of good ones out there, I wouldn't get too caught up in picking a fed. I would definitely do a raw meet before an equipped, but that's just my opinion.
View Quote
Yeah I'll give it some thought. The earliest I am thinking of competing is Feb.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Benched tonight. Heavy slingshot(105% new max goal target) singles was the plan.  Worked up to 365 raw. Then switched to slingshot at 4 plates. 4 was explosive to say the least. 425 was smooooooth. First 445 stalled(probably nerves. Never been under that much new slingshot pr by 20lbs). 2nd 445 attempt slowed about 1/3 of the way up. Grinded it out, good lift. Third and on were solid. Finished with a set of 18 at 225.

Pretty pumped up. I think 425 raw is very doable at this point.

Oh, my elbows felt awesome. To warm up I did my normal stuff plus 40 reps each of triceps push downs and biceps curls with the lightest band I have. Then I have a pair of slingshot elbow cuffs that are a hair to big for my elbows and I pushed them up to the base of my biceps. When I did that my elbow pain went away immediately. It was out of this world. I couldn't believe it. Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got back from a few days in VT scouting for bear and backpacking.

Saw one bear at a clear cut I want to hunt. My BIL and nephew are leaving tomorrow to do somemore.

Then after I got home I went to the gym a d deadlifted. Last week I only got 405x2 for 5 sets and today I did 405x5 for 3 sets. Felt really good. I think I can get back up to 5 plates by next month.

I start my new job on monday.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Benched tonight. Heavy slingshot(105% new max goal target) singles was the plan.  Worked up to 365 raw. Then switched to slingshot at 4 plates. 4 was explosive to say the least. 425 was smooooooth. First 445 stalled(probably nerves. Never been under that much new slingshot pr by 20lbs). 2nd 445 attempt slowed about 1/3 of the way up. Grinded it out, good lift. Third and on were solid. Finished with a set of 18 at 225.

Pretty pumped up. I think 425 raw is very doable at this point.

Oh, my elbows felt awesome. To warm up I did my normal stuff plus 40 reps each of triceps push downs and biceps curls with the lightest band I have. Then I have a pair of slingshot elbow cuffs that are a hair to big for my elbows and I pushed them up to the base of my biceps. When I did that my elbow pain went away immediately. It was out of this world. I couldn't believe it. Highly recommended.
View Quote
That's pretty fucking good. Where were you at last year at this time?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Saw one bear at a clear cut I want to hunt. My BIL and nephew are leaving tomorrow to do somemore.

Then after I got home I went to the gym a d deadlifted. Last week I only got 405x2 for 5 sets and today I did 405x5 for 3 sets. Felt really good. I think I can get back up to 5 plates by next month.

View Quote
Damn dude! Tons of great news. That sounds like a killer trip. Great pulling. And congrats on the job!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Thanks man. Last yeah I was mid to high 3s. Hit 4 plates late December.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

Nice, you gotz the gainz

130 yards from my campsite. I just dropped my ruck and sat down to smoke my pipe and I see him.

Tried looking for bears along the river too

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Nice, you gotz the gainz

130 yards from my campsite. I just dropped my ruck and sat down to smoke my pipe and I see him.
http://i68.tinypic.com/m73wk8.jpg
Tried looking for bears along the river too

http://i63.tinypic.com/2uemxiw.jpg
View Quote
How'd you get so close to that bear in the water?

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
Congrats on the job!  Staying in RI?  Did you find a position in the mental health field?  I still have an open position for a drafter if you feel like it-  Can work remotely.  Crap, I need to nearly turn over the entire growing company I've been building, I had a large T-line engineering firm call me yesterday and told me to grow fast, they are about to start passing work off to me as fast as I can take it.  And T-line pays a lot better than residential and small commercial engineering.

@LawyerUp I remembered something about my wife's carpal tunnel this morning.  She was a 'curler' when she sleeps, she'd curl up her knees and always had her wrists curled around in her sleep.  When she started wearing a brace at night that wouldn't let her curl the wrists in her sleep she did a lot better.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SCW:

Congrats on the job!  Staying in RI?  Did you find a position in the mental health field?  I still have an open position for a drafter if you feel like it-  Can work remotely.  Crap, I need to nearly turn over the entire growing company I've been building, I had a large T-line engineering firm call me yesterday and told me to grow fast, they are about to start passing work off to me as fast as I can take it.  And T-line pays a lot better than residential and small commercial engineering.
View Quote
Thanks. The jobs in Massachusetts but we're staying in RI. Its a psychiatric hospital which is exactly what I wanted to find.

Congrats on the new work. That's exciting and stressful. You didn't? find any takers in the GD thread?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Thanks. The jobs in Massachusetts but we're staying in RI. Its a psychiatric hospital which is exactly what I wanted to find.

Congrats on the new work. That's exciting and stressful. You didn't? find any takers in the GD thread?
View Quote
I hired two 'locals' from the SLC area, which is about 100 miles north.  I tried to hire another guy but his current employer nearly doubled his salary, offered to let him work from home twice a week and I think a 4-day work week.  So I don't get him...

the frustrating part is that I don't want a big engineering firm.  I wanted enough income to live the life I want, be home a lot, raise my family and buy lots of guns.  I still might be able to work this out, but I'm quickly sliding down the slope of becoming a manager of other people, getting bigger projects and living the big-city dream.

In other news, farmers carries up to 430lbs today.  They went well but I know if I work on my deadlift I could easily improve my carries.  Carrying them is no big deal if I can break it off the ground.  I also worked on my explosive box jumps (getting much more explosive already) and a bunch of American style 70lb KB swings.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#24]
720 reverse band squat today. Bands were thick, briefs were worn, wraps were used.
So all in all, I squatted about 135lbs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#25]
720 reverse band squat today. Bands were thick, briefs were worn, wraps were used.
So all in all, I squatted about 135lbs.
View Quote
lol. Sweet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Attachment Attached File
yasssssssss
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck yea man. Looks solid, gotta break it in now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Lookin good!

We are belt twins now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Fuck yea man. Looks solid, gotta break it in now.
View Quote
I set it to almost uncomfortably tight, figured it would stretch an rch. 
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Dude, thats the fucking shits
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#31]
Took the shirt down to a 1 board then a foam pad today. Just 405. It hurt. I screamed like a bitch.

Shirt got real tight so did that weird thing where I pulled my head up and lost my arch.

Edit: photo Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AnvilUSMC] [#32]
Took the shirt down to a 1 board then a foam pad today. Just 405. It hurt. I screamed like a bitch.

Shirt got real tight so did that weird thing where I pulled my head up and lost my arch.

Edit: photo https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/IMG_20170813_114654-279385.JPG
View Quote
Sweeeeeet. Get some!

So normally I lift at home with my lifting buddy. But on sundays we go to the local golds for extra stuff. There's this middle aged woman in phenomenal shape, today her shirt said "pain today, gains tomorrow." You earned that goofy slogan today.

Got a video?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Edit: photo https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/IMG_20170813_114654-279385.JPG
View Quote
Better colors today?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Billy Madison - 'Back to School' Song
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:36:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#35]
Being faster/more explosive (without the pre-workout overload type explosions) squatting is going well.

Today I loaded 185 on the bar, did 5 sets like this-

5 squats as fast I could squat them up
5 30" box jumps from a relaxed squat (no muscle tension in the legs, no bounce, no arm swinging, just a relaxed squat and drive up to the 30" box)
10 20lb wall balls from a full squat with a jump on each one

10 squats
5 box jumps
10 wall balls

15 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

20 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

25 squats
5 jumps
10 wb

Had a lot of trouble walking out of there, but I'm getting a lot faster, jumping higher and more power into the legs.  I don't think there's really been any strength gains, but I'm recruiting the legs better.

Knees feel great too.  Went on a 15 mile bike ride with my boys Saturday and although my ass hurts, the legs and knees did great.  I might try to squat more than 375 for the first time in months this week.  Assuming I can get @therex to eat some bad seafood right before he gets the flu or something, this might be a race after all!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#36]
The Rogue deadlift bar is pretty awesome for low bar squats. It bends around your back onto your shoulders.

It however sucks for front squats because it bends to an awkward spot on your shoulders.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Deadlifted 405x8, 455x3, then 455x2.

I seem to be getting back to my old self quicker than I expected.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Being faster/more explosive (without the pre-workout overload type explosions) squatting is going well.

5 30" box jumps from a relaxed squat (no muscle tension in the legs, no bounce, no arm swinging, just a relaxed squat and drive up to the 30" box)

10 squats
5 box jumps
10 wall balls

15 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

20 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

25 squats
5 jumps
10 wb

Had a lot of trouble walking out of there, but I'm getting a lot faster, jumping higher and more power into the legs.  I don't think there's really been any strength gains, but I'm recruiting the legs better.

Knees feel great too.  Went on a 15 mile bike ride with my boys Saturday and although my ass hurts, the legs and knees did great.  I might try to squat more than 375 for the first time in months this week.  Assuming I can get @therex to eat some bad seafood right before he gets the flu or something, this might be a race after all!
View Quote
Sounds awesome. If your knee was good after all that. I'd still try and take it slow
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Sounds awesome. If your knee was good after all that. I'd still try and take it slow
View Quote
Oh yeah, it's been feeling better for about three weeks although heavy squats still cause it to ache slightly.  A set of 5 at 375 felt good last week.  I was hoping to do even better this week but I'm suddenly flying to Phoenix wednesday and the power will be out for 8 hours in almost the entire county Thursday, which I guess means I can get a lot of weights lifted, lol.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
The Rogue deadlift bar is pretty awesome for low bar squats. It bends around your back onto your shoulders.

It however sucks for front squats because it bends to an awkward spot on your shoulders.
View Quote
I hate any whip when squating. So I'm going to go ahead and just say you're wrong.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Deadlifted 405x8, 455x3, then 455x2.

I seem to be getting back to my old self quicker than I expected.
View Quote
Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#42]

10 squats
5 box jumps
10 wall balls

15 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

20 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

25 squats
5 jumps
10 wb

View Quote
That sounds awesome. One day I'm going to try jumps. I feel like I'd get hurt though. Haha
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#43]
That sounds awesome. One day I'm going to try jumps. I feel like I'd get hurt though. Haha
View All Quotes

10 squats
5 box jumps
10 wall balls

15 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

20 squats
5 box jumps
10 WB

25 squats
5 jumps
10 wb

Just gotta land on the balls with a bend in the knees. I haven't done them since I wrestled. Great for explosive shots.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
Dude, I'll be totally honest.  I stare at that box for a long time before the first jump of each set visualizing missing the box by a half inch and running the full length of my shin down the edge.  I know visualization is what helps things to happen and that's worse- I gotta quit thinking about it.

My jump has really improved though.  At first I was using some arm swing, staying tight at the bottom and getting good jumps.  Now I'm able to still get easily on top being dead relaxed and zero arm movement.  I'd like to move to 36" in a few weeks.

Wall balls aren't so bad, I'm using a 20lb ball and just jumping enough to make sure I'm well off the ground.  It's the 75 fast squats with 185lbs that killed the day.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#45]

Better colors today?
View Quote
Actually it's healing up quite well. Sucks though, I kinda liked it, lol. It's like when I blew blood vessels in my eye, looks kinda cool IMO.

Called up inzer today. They said itll ship today or tomorrow. So if I get my shirt I'll do some break in stuff. If not I'll take a week off from the shirt. Still do some raw stuff though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Actually it's healing up quite well. Sucks though, I kinda liked it, lol. It's like when I blew blood vessels in my eye, looks kinda cool IMO.

Called up inzer today. They said itll ship today or tomorrow. So if I get my shirt I'll do some break in stuff. If not I'll take a week off from the shirt. Still do some raw stuff though.
View All Quotes

Better colors today?

Eye shit makes me gag
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Eye shit makes me gag
View Quote
Then get ready to barf! Towards the end of July my family came out to visit and we went rented a house in st michaels. The Saturday before we left was heavy block pulls. I grabbed a hold of 6 hundred something heavy ass pounds and let all that pressure build up in my head. Oops.

The next day on the drive out people start asking what's wrongs with my eye. Probably 1/4 of what should be white is solid red(pop) with a bunch of veiny redness coming off. As the day went on it migrated around and was butted up to the cornea(?). That's about the point the nastiness in the other eye started making its self visible. So I spent the whole week avoiding eye contact to avoid "WTF did you do to yourself!?"
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:14:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#48]
Then get ready to barf! Towards the end of July my family came out to visit and we went rented a house in st michaels. The Saturday before we left was heavy block pulls. I grabbed a hold of 6 hundred something heavy ass pounds and let all that pressure build up in my head. Oops.

The next day on the drive out people start asking what's wrongs with my eye. Probably 1/4 of what should be white is solid red(pop) with a bunch of veiny redness coming off. As the day went on it migrated around and was butted up to the cornea(?). That's about the point the nastiness in the other eye started making its self visible. So I spent the whole week avoiding eye contact to avoid "WTF did you do to yourself!?"
View All Quotes

Eye shit makes me gag

Lol, that's pretty funny.

I got a fishhook that got stuck right next to my eye(like where the pad from a pair of glasses go) with the spinner scarring my cornea when I was a kid.

My mom's gym was by our house so I walked in, with my fishing pole in one hand and my other hand covering my eye with the line going from one to the other.

I had to go to the ER for that one.

I can talk about eyes stuff. It's looking to closely that makes my skin crawl
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#49]

I got a fishhook that got stuck right next to my eye(like where the pad from a pair of glasses go) with the spinner scarring my cornea when I was a kid.

My mom's gym was by our house so I walked in, with my fishing pole in one hand and my other hand covering my eye with the line going from one to the other.

View All Quotes

Eye shit makes me gag

I had eye muscle surgery as a kid to correct and my eyes were bloodshot and even leaked blood for a while. I was a freakin hit among my friends.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
I had eye muscle surgery as a kid to correct and my eyes were bloodshot and even leaked blood for a while. I was a freakin hit among my friends.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

Eye shit makes me gag

Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top