Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Where are you in AL?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

It'd make a lot more sense to send it to me first before shipping it across the country.
Where are you in AL?
Bham. Not all that close.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SCW:
I don't know, I've been waiting for this day for a long time.  Calling around to find a mold, looking at pictures of concrete balls online, started carving a chunk of concrete in the backyard....  

But I'm willing to bet that if you use it for just a year or so that I'll make it through.  Somehow.    
View All Quotes

It'd make a lot more sense to send it to me first before shipping it across the country.
I don't know, I've been waiting for this day for a long time.  Calling around to find a mold, looking at pictures of concrete balls online, started carving a chunk of concrete in the backyard....  

But I'm willing to bet that if you use it for just a year or so that I'll make it through.  Somehow.    
Make a large square and bust off the corners with a sledge hammer. Repeat. Get swole!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Broke thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Make a large square and bust off the corners with a sledge hammer. Repeat. Get swole!
View Quote
Pick up, throw down road, repeat...... You would end up with a circle eventually.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Hit an easy 300 squat today, if I had more weight I would have tried more but 300 was all I had.
Only got 190 on bench though (trying for 200 club). At least its still improving.
/rekt
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Fucked up my shoulder playing some ultimate frisbee a few weeks ago, now all I'm able to do is squat, deadlift, and some auxiliary lifts. There goes my goal of hitting 300 before the end of the school year
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I forgot I had this thing.

Who wants it?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/IMG-20170505-140241-202145.JPG
View Quote
Looks...moldy. 

Just make sure it gets back to Rexy someday. 
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Had a decent training week (5+ set):

Press:     195 x 8
Squat:     320 x 11
Bench:    275 x 13
Deadlift:  355 x 12

The Press and Deadlift were just little off my all time rep PRs at the same weights, but the Squat was a 2 rep PR, and the Bench was a 1 rep PR.

Also, the Titan Farmer's Walk handles came in; haven't used them yet.  Hopefully, this week.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I have had an intense pain at the base of my neck on the left side the last two workouts I did lateral raises or shrugs.  

Has anyone else had this happen?

I think it is just cramps, but I've never had this happen before and only since I started using a PWO.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
I have had an intense pain at the base of my neck on the left side the last two workouts I did lateral raises or shrugs.  

I think it is just cramps, but I've never had this happen before and only since I started using a PWO.
View Quote
Could be just a big uncomfortable pump. I don't like to take creatine before/during certain workouts because of that. Or you might not be in a good(neutral) position and you are tweaking it because of that.

I tweaked my neck doing some cable shrug thing a few weeks ago. It was one side at a time and I turned my head funny as I contracted the muscle, that sucked.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
I have definitely had this. I had it happen once in a clean and I wanted to die. I think I moved my head as I was tensing the muscle in a weird way. Def. related to preworkout though, as I've never had it happen when I wasn't on that. 
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:36:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoonerBorn] [#12]
Originally Posted By therex:
I have definitely had this. I had it happen once in a clean and I wanted to die. I think I moved my head as I was tensing the muscle in a weird way. Def. related to preworkout though, as I've never had it happen when I wasn't on that. 
View Quote
Interesting.  The pain is definitely intense and sharp.  It felt somewhat like a cramp/spasm type of thing, but took a few minutes to subside completely.

It could be a hydration issue.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#13]
In other news, I haven't failed a 225# snatch in the last 6 attempts. #feelsgoodman Failed from the hang today, but I think only from fatigue. I also am down 2 kilos from last week, I'm sure most of that is water but at least SOMETHING is happening. 

In all, great success in May, thus far. 
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Last week I had a trap cramp that locked up my neck and gave me pain for 5 days

No amount of massaging or stretching would improve it
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By therex:
Looks...moldy. 

Just make sure it gets back to Rexy someday. 
View Quote
The package is in the mail.

It's the federal government's problem now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Yes. Went to a sports massage guy. He fixed that shit by doing trigger point massage and showed me some stretches. Hasn't happened since.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Well following the good monday was an iffy tuesday. Went to pull 455 and it seemed like every muscle above mid-back cramped. I struggled to get my belt off so I could stretch it out. Sucked butt. :( I guess I'm glad to be pulling heavier weights again, just sucks that 500 seems so far away...
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I've lost 7lbs in the last week to a stomach bug, finally eating again.

Been a week since I've touched a barbell
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Old guys thread.  I have elbow tendonitis, left arm only.  WTF.  Never had it before.  Just appeared one morning a few days ago.  Should I try to lift through it, or see if it goes away first?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Old guys thread.  I have elbow tendonitis, left arm only.  WTF.  Never had it before.  Just appeared one morning a few days ago.  Should I try to lift through it, or see if it goes away first?
View Quote
I got that in the right arm a while back and it has been there off and on for months and months.
tried alot to get rid of it but it just lingers on. I just work through it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
Repeat after me....

Pep.

Tides.

Again...

Pep.

Tides.

I haven't had a glimmer of tendonitis anywhere by my knee that has a goofy 3/4" thick patellar tendon since I started them.  Even on the arm and wrist I hurt, no tendinitis
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Too much volume lights mine off. I really don't care if I have a little elbow pain or not, but I pay attention because if it lights off bad you are going to suffer for 4-6 weeks getting it healthy again. I warm up my are thoroughly before any workout. Start at the wrists, then elbows, then shoulders. I use the slingshot brand elbow cuffs when I feel them getting irritated.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Repeat after me....

Pep.

Tides.

Again...

Pep.

Tides.

I haven't had a glimmer of tendonitis anywhere by my knee that has a goofy 3/4" thick patellar tendon since I started them.  Even on the arm and wrist I hurt, no tendinitis
View Quote
What specifically do you use?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]

What specifically do you use?
View Quote
Just real basics, bpc-157 is really good for specific tendon and ligament injuries and is injected at the site of the injury.  It works by encouraging growth of capillary vessels to provide improved blood flow to the area.

GHRP -2 convinces your pituitary gland to release a pulse of your natural growth hormone.  Normally you get one pulse per day, this just tells the body to do another each time it's used.

Sermorelin is used in conjunction with GHRP to increase the peak and duration of the GH pulse, you effectively get 10x the use when combining the two.

Those are the three I use if I have a hot-spot I'm trying to heal.  I just take the Serm and GHRP daily if nothing in particular hurts.  After two years of hurting with a minor tear to my rotator cuff, TB-500 fixed it in 3 months.  That's a really good all-purpose peptide that just ramps up healing overall.

I have several good success stories with the BPC-157, wife sprained her ankle last year, my son badly twisted his knee and neighbor tore an ACL.  All had great results.  There's even a medical journal I read that said it (BPC -157) is a likely replacement for surgical tendon to bone repairs.  I'll look for it when I get home, I'm at Costco with the wife.

There's a crapload more of them that I don't know anything about, but it's really a cool deal that has a ton to offer.  It's not a steroid or even anabolic at all, it's just a way to help you feel like you're 25 again -  because you're back to producing as much natural growth hormone as you did at 25.

Slow fixes though, don't expect overnight success.  For example, TB-500 is awesome, but you won't even notice for a month.  After three months my shoulders felt new.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn, ok.  This sounds complicated.  Are these prescription?  Injected by doctors?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn, ok.  This sounds complicated.  Are these prescription?  Injected by doctors?
View Quote
You ask too many questions. You should do your research.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:33:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#27]
View Quote
No prescription, they aren't a drug just a peptide/protein.  It's the same ones already found in the body so nothing to regulate.  there are tons of places online to buy them- I wait for sales at Blue Sky Peptide and buy a bunch then end up giving half of it away.

You inject it yourself, it's a water based injection so you can use a tiny needle just under the skin, my wife was doing it under the skin at her ankle so it's not like you're going deep.  The amount in each injection is really small, like .2ml.  I inject once a day, but if you really wanted to get healed faster you'd want two or three extra GH pulses during the day instead of the natural one (usually about 2am when you're in deep sleep).  You want to inject on an empty stomach and not eat for at least an hour after, so first thing in the am is best for me.

BPC-157  = Tendons and ligaments
GHRP  = GH producing
Sermorelin  = Makes GH better by far

Take each of these all in the same injection at the site of pain, take .1ml each, take as many shots per day as you want.  

TB-500 = Skin and tissue healing primarily (includes muscles and connective tissues)

Take one shot of .25ml/week for at LEAST 14 weeks, maybe 16-18 weeks, then stay off of it for the rest of a year.  

Here's a video that helps you understand how they work and what it's doing long and short term to you.

Boost Growth Hormone with Sermorelin

EDIT- Changed the video to a better one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
I have used Voodoo Floss right before a training session with good success.  It held off the pain enough for me to lift.  My tendinitis went away when I started Epsom salt baths.  I usually do some high volume presses and the tendinitis has stayed away for over 1.5 years.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:46:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: frayedknot] [#29]
No prescription, they aren't a drug just a peptide/protein.  It's the same ones already found in the body so nothing to regulate.  there are tons of places online to buy them- I wait for sales at Blue Sky Peptide and buy a bunch then end up giving half of it away.

You inject it yourself, it's a water based injection so you can use a tiny needle just under the skin, my wife was doing it under the skin at her ankle so it's not like you're going deep.  The amount in each injection is really small, like .2ml.  I inject once a day, but if you really wanted to get healed faster you'd want two or three extra GH pulses during the day instead of the natural one (usually about 2am when you're in deep sleep).  You want to inject on an empty stomach and not eat for at least an hour after, so first thing in the am is best for me.

GHRP  = GH producing

Take each of these all in the same injection at the site of pain, take .1ml each, take as many shots per day as you want.  

TB-500 = Skin and tissue healing primarily (includes muscles and connective tissues)

Take one shot of .25ml/week for at LEAST 14 weeks, maybe 16-18 weeks, then stay off of it for the rest of a year.  

Here's a video that helps you understand how they work and what it's doing long and short term to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4xl15SiIV8

View All Quotes

GHRP  = GH producing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4xl15SiIV8

I thought these were a legal gray area since they are sold as research chems outside of FDA approval(?)...hence my attempt at humor above.

Fed gotta get paid.

ETA: I got my info from forums on the internet...it may be dated, but it's 100% solid info bro, some of the time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#30]

I thought these were a legal gray area since they are sold as research chems outside of FDA approval(?)...hence my attempt at humor above.

Fed gotta get paid.

ETA: I got my info from forums on the internet...it may be dated, but it's 100% solid info bro, some of the time.
View Quote
Most of them are not controlled at all.  The TB-500 is not sold for human use, and as far as I know it's also the only one banned by professional sports.

I'll look into it further, but the bulk of them are just simple peptides.  I haven't tried the other research chemicals like SARMS, but I think they are universally controlled.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Fed gotta get paid.

View Quote
I was wrong, they are all 'research' chems.  For some reason I thought the peptides were not on that side of the law.

My apologies, but I may not be in a huge hurry to comply....

Legal crap for the lawyer
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:07:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I think I'm going to order a life time supply

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By turborocket:
I have used Voodoo Floss right before a training session with good success.  It held off the pain enough for me to lift.  My tendinitis went away when I started Epsom salt baths.  I usually do some high volume presses and the tendinitis has stayed away for over 1.5 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By turborocket:
I have some voodoo floss.  Maybe I'll play around with it some instead of just wrapping it around my arms like ultimate warrior.  

I benched for the first time today.  The only way I was able to do it was w/ the widest grip possible, which actually felt really good on my pecs, and very light on my shoulders.  Went 5x5 at 245.

I'll start researching teh peptides.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Area massage before and during the warm-up and training. It seems to keep it at bay.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Anytime I've worked through tendinitis pain, the problem just got far, far worse and caused a huge amount of time off to recover. Really sucks
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#36]

I'll start researching teh peptides.
View Quote
Beginners guide to peptides

Very basic guide to peptides

I only use the really mild stuff, IGF-1 starts to impact your ability to produce GH and alters the endocrine system to an extent that I'm not comfortable with, but I've heard it's really powerful for healing when used right.  With as long as this wrist is taking to get to 100% don't think I haven't considered it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Did time under tension squats today.  Probably my least favorite workout.  Something about it makes me ill to my stomach, probably blood flow to the legs thing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I re-broke that stupid bone spur on the top of my knee cap.  Damnit.  Not even sure what to do about it at this point, the top of my knee cap hurts like hell, especially if I leave it in one place for very long.  Tried squatting today, it felt ok till I got to 355, then I guess the tension on the spur kicks in or something, pain turned on like a light switch.

Off to research peptides...  lol  I had a cortisone shot in that spur last year that was supposed to dissolve it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I think I re-broke that stupid bone spur on the top of my knee cap.  Damnit.  Not even sure what to do about it at this point, the top of my knee cap hurts like hell, especially if I leave it in one place for very long.  Tried squatting today, it felt ok till I got to 355, then I guess the tension on the spur kicks in or something, pain turned on like a light switch.

Off to research peptides...  lol  I had a cortisone shot in that spur last year that was supposed to dissolve it.
View Quote
That sucks!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
Anytime I've worked through tendinitis pain, the problem just got far, far worse and caused a huge amount of time off to recover. Really sucks
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#41]
How much D3 are you all supplementing daily?

I work mostly inside and supplement 2000iu/daily, should I up this or does that seem good?  I have no idea how much I get through the Sun and the rest of my diet, I've never tracked it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#42]
How much D3 are you all supplementing daily?

I work mostly inside and supplement 2000iu/daily, should I up this or does that seem good?  I have no idea how much I get through the Sun and the rest of my diet, I've never tracked it.
View Quote
I was always told 5000 daily in the summer and 10k daily in the winter.  I've been doing that for 3+ years straight.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#43]

I was always told 5000 daily in the summer and 10k daily in the winter.  I've been doing that for 3+ years straight.
View Quote
Dang, I need to step up my D3 game then.  I'll probably bump it to 3k for a few weeks to make sure everything is good to go and then proceed from there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:55:58 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
I just bought two really big monitors and I'm getting a sunburn from them.

I think I'm taking about 4K a day, apparently that's low.  Wow.  Suggested was like 1 or two, so I doubled the high end and thought I was going to start radiating sunlight.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I did 30,000 IUs for about 8 weeks starting in Jan.  With no other changes in nutrition, sleep, supplements and training, my blood pressure has dropped from around 140/95 to 115/80.  I've scaled back the D3 to 10,000 IUs and continuing to monitor BP.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eBtV_1UsEUw
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Had a 515 deadlift 1 inch from lockout and lost my grip.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Hook grip brah, hook grip
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
Muh ulnas...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

Hook grip brah, hook grip
View Quote
I like my thumbs too much.

Might as well use straps if I'm going to hook grip.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Lifting song of the week

Dream Theater - Panic Attack + Lyrics
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top