User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hank:
So I did a thing today...

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6593/IMG-2586-151115.jpg

AND I had one of the better squat sessions I've had in a while - finally got back to a triple at 315, singled 335. Probably should have doubled or tripled it, but I was just happy to ride it again.

Been a good day so far.
View Quote

I love my P320.  Love it so much that I own three of them - 1 full size and 2 compacts.  It will replace my G19 soon as my EDC when my holsters come in, and when I put some more carry rounds thru it.  The stock trigger is nice, but I will probably get one done by Bruce Gray.

Now, if Sig or Magpul will make some 30 round sticks for it, and if someone will make a dedicated AR lower for it, I'll be really happy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it's time to finally put this thread down? Can't even do the change page number trick anymore
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
Tore my shin on the last set of deadlift warm-ups. I think I'm finally going to break down and buy some of those shin sleeves
View Quote

Just do what I do and float the bar way out in front.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:56:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#4]
Lifting weights is dumb. This os now a sewing thread.

I mostly made a thing tonight. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I mostly made a thing tonight. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20170221-211909-151589.JPG
View Quote

Another stitch-bitch eh?  

I was over at LRRFP52 house a little while back so he could make a few pouches and mag carriers for me.  He's really good. He's making some mag pouches for my CZ Scorpion, made a hat and NODs pouch that ended up in my brother in laws car so I haven't used them yet.

I'm pretty sure I'd stick my fingers together, but I'm glad there's guys that are creative and will take payment in exchange for talent
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]

I mostly made a thing tonight. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20170221-211909-151589.JPG
View Quote

Now you just need some felonies and start hanging out with James Yeager. You'll make the big bucks in no time
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SCW:

Another stitch-bitch eh?  

I was over at LRRFP52 house a little while back so he could make a few pouches and mag carriers for me.  He's really good. He's making some mag pouches for my CZ Scorpion, made a hat and NODs pouch that ended up in my brother in laws car so I haven't used them yet.

I'm pretty sure I'd stick my fingers together, but I'm glad there's guys that are creative and will take payment in exchange for talent
View Quote

I ran one of those wheel cutters right into my finger yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Now you just need some felonies and start hanging out with James Yeager. You'll make the big bucks in no time
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:44:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#9]
Trying out my new Cerberus axle lifting straps.  Beast straps.

Attachment Attached File

Eta

Worked up to 2 singles at 550.  Wish I could get more legs from this height.

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:41:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AnvilUSMC] [#13]
So I actually filmed myself... I was going to put some video in the gd thread on benching but changed my mind after filming. I shot this over the course of about 10 min including set up time and only went to 315 since tomorrow is bench day. But what do you guys think? Should I try and be youtube famous?

[youtube]http://youtu.be/rTRg3pxggb4[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/rTRg3pxggb4
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
So I actually filmed myself... I was going to put some video in the gd thread on benching but changed my mind after filming. I shot this over the course of about 10 min including set up time and only went to 315 since tomorrow is bench day. But what do you guys think? Should I try and be youtube famous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtu.be/rTRg3pxggb4

View Quote

Nice.  But there are big ass words on the screen.  I see you also have a ball cam filming.  Maybe a split screen would be cool?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Nice.  But there are big ass words on the screen.  I see you also have a ball cam filming.  Maybe a split screen would be cool?
View Quote

lol. I filmed using a state of the art gopro that I haven't used since I went to Namibia in 2014 attached to the pull-up bar on my rack and edited that sweet video on a trial version of whatever the hell software watermarked my video. I particularly like the swirl effect.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]

lol. I filmed using a state of the art gopro that I haven't used since I went to Namibia in 2014 attached to the pull-up bar on my rack and edited that sweet video on a trial version of whatever the hell software watermarked my video. I particularly like the swirl effect.
View Quote

Change the music to that sands of Africa song, then post it in the bench thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Maybe I should clarify-

He describes you as EITHER a back OR leg dominant squatter, lol.

I'll go search for it now, I'm all cold, sunburned and tired of setting forms, pouring 28 yards or so of concrete for my greenhouse tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2gjpPcs_Y
View Quote

Awesome video from Max and Dreamy Eyes Smith.

I am definitely strong back, weak legs, I've known that for a long time. We got a belt squat machine at the gym, I'm gonna check it out Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Change the music to that sands of Africa song, then post it in the bench thread.
View Quote

I'm actually working now so I'm not going to change it up haha. But I'll upload it to that thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#19]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtu.be/rTRg3pxggb4

View Quote

Windows movie maker. It's free
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Windows movie maker. It's free
View Quote

Yeah, I didn't know this thing was going to do the watermark. But the video was so awesome I didn't want to change it/I was out of time to mess with it today.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Man am I loving this Swiss Bar!  Wide grip flat BP with NO PAIN!  Only 195 x 5 but I'm sold.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Awesome man, that's great!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Awesome man, that's great!
View Quote

Thanks bro. Trying to get back there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
That looks cool, I'll add that to my list.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

How does neutral grip feel compared to overhand?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#27]

How does neutral grip feel compared to overhand?
View Quote

Awesome. Notice how it tucks me elbows?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

Awesome. Notice how it tucks me elbows?
View Quote

I did. It looked very natural.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Decided to take a rest day today.  Had BJJ last night after heavy deads that morning.  I feel like I used to after football practice.  Beat up and tired.  Did some fighting last night and it was pretty rough.  Damned feet are split in places.  I know one thing, I'm going Chuck Norris chest from now on under my gi.  Too damn hot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Decided to take a rest day today.  Had BJJ last night after heavy deads that morning.  I feel like I used to after football practice.  Beat up and tired.  Did some fighting last night and it was pretty rough.  Damned feet are split in places.  I know one thing, I'm going Chuck Norris chest from now on under my gi.  Too damn hot.
View Quote

My favorite part of jiujitsu is when some big hairy fucker smashes my face into the mat with no rash guard between us.

That's my favorite.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Taste the manliness.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
Taste the manliness.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/161726/chest-152486.JPG
View Quote

LOL.  Maybe I'll shave my chest then.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#33]

LOL.  Maybe I'll shave my chest then.
View Quote

Beard trimmer. Keeps it from getting prickly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#34]
KONFIDANT AIR™

The KLASSIK FIT is designed for skiers, bikers, and hikers who need extra room in the pant silhouette for well-developed leg muscles. The increased pant leg circumference also allows more airflow to circulate. With 9 total pockets, the KONFIDANT AIR boasts ample storage. The cell phone and wallet pocket are designed so you don't sit on your wallet.
View Quote

I really like the three pair, two styles of Kuhl pants I have now, but the Rydr model are even better than the Revolvr.  I was shopping for another pair today and found this statement on their website.  sounds perfect, even with the generous cut they already have, I wear a 36" waist  and have to fold 2" of it over around the belt.  I'm going to try this model next and see if I can actually order a 34" (or even a 32" *gasp*) waist and not deal with an acre of extra fabric around the belt.

For anyone looking for quazilla pants, the Rydr are the bomb.

http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/konfidant-air/
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#35]

I really like the three pair, two styles of Kuhl pants I have now, but the Rydr model are even better than the Revolvr.  I was shopping for another pair today and found this statement on their website.  sounds perfect, even with the generous cut they already have, I wear a 36" waist  and have to fold 2" of it over around the belt.  I'm going to try this model next and see if I can actually order a 34" (or even a 32" *gasp*) waist and not deal with an acre of extra fabric around the belt.

For anyone looking for quazilla pants, the Rydr are the bomb.

http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/konfidant-air/
View Quote
That's dumb. I'm making peeptek pants.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#36]
That's dumb. I'm making peeptek pants.
View Quote

Stop.

Chuggin time...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#37]
8 miles run in snow and mud today. Fucking hurt.

I weighed myself today.220. unacceptable with no lifting. Fucking fat. I need to drop some grossness.

I worked on my dogs grave today. Any ideas on plants? I don't think I want to plant edibles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I weighed myself today.220. unacceptable with no lifting. Fucking fat. I need to drop some grossness.

I worked on my dogs grave today. Any ideas on plants? I don't think I want to plant edibles.
View Quote

Losing our dog. 20 grand mal seizures in the last 48 hours.

Everyone talks about how great their dog is, but this really is a good one. True trail dog that would follow the horses into hell if my wife was leading them.

Sucks.

Are red ferns a real thing? I'd plant that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Wow fatty, you weigh more than me. Better fix that shit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Everyone talks about how great their dog is, but this really is a good one. True trail dog that would follow the horses into hell if my wife was leading them.

Sucks.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#41]
03 and flinch, sorry about your dogs.

Benched tonight. Did an absolute fuckton it felt like. 14 sets total I think. Half of which were 3 plates or above. Worked up to a single at 385 then did a set of 5 @ 405 with the slingshot. Last set hit 225 for 19.

I'm really surprised how well it went. I started feeling crampy at dinner so I added some soy sauce. When I got to the garage and started warm ups all of my tendons in my arms just felt like hammered shit. Left lat cramped right at the base pretty hard on my set up for 385 but I powered through it, probably should have just reset though. Weird night. Oh and my buddy swung by and hung out, gave me an 8 year old bottle of Haitian rum. So we swigged on that too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#42]
For pants I've been sticking with Duluth. The ballroom trim fit jeans fit pretty well. Still a bit snug in the quads but hopefully one day they'll make the trim fit in their flex denim. The regular fit are just too baggy in the lower leg to look good(says wifey). They have some khakis in a flex material that are awesome for when I actually have to train customers in person.  

Most days I just wear Hurley phantoms though... so whatever. My wife likes how they make them in a walking short style now so I look like I'm wearing regular shorts instead of board shorts all the time. Apparently I'm not supposed to dress like I still live in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I buried The Knucklehead nearly 9 years ago and haven't had a dog since.  He was an Airedale from true hunting lines and I loved that dog.

To  walked/carried him to the top of the mountain where I elk hunted and buried him there.  Stupid dog loved trashing on elk and snakes.  Never did break him from trashing on elk.  

I need another one but I know it would just kill chickens left and right.  Fun dog In the woods.

Sorry, story time-
Once I decided I couldn't handle life in the city so I left the family for the weekend and the dog and I went to the Uintahs (NE Utah and very rugged).  I had my 1911 with me and decided I'd see about calling a coyote before we went to bed.  Never saw any, so bedded down and sacked out- no tent just a bag on the ground.

All night long the Knucklehead was up and growling at one corner of the dark after another.  Meanwhile the black bear would stay just beyond where we could see. The dog never left me, just growled as the bear barked and growled back, then huffed and huffed to smell us, barked....  Was a long night.  I'd never heard a bear barked before.

Kinda thinking of getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Sucks.

View Quote

Oh man I'm sorry. Thats rough.

I think ferns would be perfect. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#45]
I buried The Knucklehead nearly 9 years ago and haven't had a dog since.  He was an Airedale from true hunting lines and I loved that dog.

To  walked/carried him to the top of the mountain where I elk hunted and buried him there.  Stupid dog loved trashing on elk and snakes.  Never did break him from trashing on elk.  

I need another one but I know it would just kill chickens left and right.  Fun dog In the woods.

Sorry, story time-
Once I decided I couldn't handle life in the city so I left the family for the weekend and the dog and I went to the Uintahs (NE Utah and very rugged).  I had my 1911 with me and decided I'd see about calling a coyote before we went to bed.  Never saw any, so bedded down and sacked out- no tent just a bag on the ground.

All night long the Knucklehead was up and growling at one corner of the dark after another.  Meanwhile the black bear would stay just beyond where we could see. The dog never left me, just growled as the bear barked and growled back, then huffed and huffed to smell us, barked....  Was a long night.  I'd never heard a bear barked before.

Kinda thinking of getting a Rhodesian Ridgeback.
View Quote

Sounds like Jack. He loved chasing bears.

I think in a few years I'd be interested in getting a ridgeback. They seem to be my kind of dog.

A few stories and pics about Jack
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:34:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#46]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Now a fatty support thread.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Even as fat and weak as I am I still managed to pull 425x6 and then a 455 single. Not great but could be worse.

I can still use 120lbs for sets of 20 on db rows. My gym needs some heavier dbs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#49]
My wife swam 200 laps in 1:40 the other day. I'm not sure if that's good but that is a long time to be swimming
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#50]
My wife swam 200 laps in 1:40 the other day. I'm not sure if that's good but that is a long time to be swimming
View Quote

Tri training? We are swimming again. Thinking of a sprint tri in the spring.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top