Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
In the mobile version on my iPhone 6, it cuts off author names (and possibly some other info, like the specific sub forum) in active topics. I can see more if I turn my screen sideways but otherwise can't change the scale. Anyone know why?

Also in mobile, photos and videos in posts show up huge and carry text with them so that half the post gets cut off. Again, I can see more if I turn my screen, but can't otherwise scale it.

I'd post pics of what I mean, but I can't do it from my phone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Using desktop computer, I am not getting notifications anymore on posts that I replied to (with "Subscribe with Email Notification" selected). I checked all settings, Email is correct, etc.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:02:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seymore76] [#3]
Same here no email notifications on subscribed forums. Other than that it is great.

Finestkind

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LenS:
Using desktop computer, I am not getting notifications anymore on posts that I replied to (with "Subscribe with Email Notification" selected). I checked all settings, Email is correct, etc.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Bingo! Received this and another notification. So it is working for me again.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if these have been mentioned (proabably):

Under Subscription tab there is no EE option

Is there a way to find out when the last time members have logged in?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Why do I have to float over the $ symbol to see someones feedback? Why can I not click on the symbol and get to the user's full feedback?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By corym468:
Why do I have to float over the $ symbol to see someones feedback? Why can I not click on the symbol and get to the user's full feedback?
View Quote

Double-Click the user info, input the anti-bot code, and you will see the full feedback.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Why is the username of the thread starter now showing up on the mobile version?! It's a freaking waste of space. Who cares who started the thread! This is only getting worse. For the love of all that is holy go back to the old site.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for fixing the active topics,  before today I could only get AR15 discussions,  now GD is included.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody else having this problem?

I went in and resize my text to extra small. That took care of the large text giving me a headache. Now when I go into a thread with pictures uploaded, the picture is to large for the screen. I can only see maybe a 1/3 of it with the rest running of the right side of the screen and unable to scroll to see the rest. I'm running the latest firefox on windows if that helps.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 4:16:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mustangfreek] [#12]
This is annoying trying to get use to it but it's way more difficult

Like I can't see the whole screen and log out and in and no option for mobile but maybe I'm stuck in it?

As I can't read full headers or longer sentences or see how many replies etc without clicking full site fine, then click out to next thread and have to click and wait again...err

Now just noticed even if I reply in same thread it makes me click full site again to read it all..have to do it on every page.

Among other things it's just more difficult to navigate, more clicks..

Ughh any help ??

Oh and cause I can't find the freaking subscribe button to quickly read where I've posted wth..??????
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By corym468:
Anybody else having this problem?

Now when I go into a thread with pictures uploaded, the picture is to large for the screen. I can only see maybe a 1/3 of it with the rest running of the right side of the screen and unable to scroll to see the rest. I'm running the latest firefox on windows if that helps.
View Quote

I always had that image problem around here.

1) people need to learn to resize their images before hosting the,
2) I use two firefox extensions for managing over- and under-sized images called Imagezoom and Thumbnail zoom.  ImageZoom puts options on the right click menu for resizing images and some handy resize shortcuts: Right click and hold then scroll the mouse wheel up and down to resize images --- right click and hold then left click to instantly resize an image to fit the browser. Thumbnail Zoom will load the full size image from thumbnail links and display it when you mouse over. Thumbnail Zoom can also show static previews for lots of links like youtube urls.

Doesn't help as much for laptops without mice and scroll wheels or macs with different click actions.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:46:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: logan10] [#14]
A very simple photo size limiter can be integrated into the new board. 640x480 works very well for viewing, etc. Even 1000x750 should do well. Here's 640x480 if it embeds to the txt box. Any problems?

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but the "Delete" function in the Site IM toolbar (under the list of rec'vd messages) does not function for me. I can open each individually and delete them there, but I can't select a few and then delete.

It works fine in the "Sent" section, just not in the Rec'vd folder.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By logan10:
A very simple photo size limiter can be integrated into the new board. 640x480 works very well for viewing, etc. Even 1000x750 should do well. Here's 640x480 if it embeds to the txt box. Any problems?

http://i.imgur.com/k3Q09rb.jpg
View Quote

Perfect!
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I see improvements being made almost every day. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#18]
How do I access my AR15.com email? I don't see a link to the server anywhere just to IM.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Have all threads previous to the changeover been archived? I can't add replies to threads that are just a few months old.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#20]
i logged out on my iPad and now i cannot log back in. I'm certain I'm using the right password. i just get the password box outlined in orange.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#21]
What the hell is going on with the site this morning??? Using the site is like pulling teeth!

Any chance we could get a email sent successfully confirmation pop up after emailing someone through this website? I just sent a few this morning and with all the site errors I was getting I have no clue whether they sent or not.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Starting a few days ago, most of the text options atop a text window are whited out. A few remain visible like Amazon, font size, insert spoiler box, and Code. Though the others are
"invisible", I can hover over each and it will tell what it is and it functions. This is on a laptop using Chrome.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been a pretty vocal on how bad this new site sucks and frankly compared to the old site it does. However, I'll give credit where credits due. Y'all have been listening to our bitching and fixing the problem. The site is ten fold better than it was a week ago.

Now if you can just toss the new search page and go back to the old search page!
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Noticed today that the "Sent Messages" tab is dead in my IM window. Bug maybe?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Okay. I decided to try the "mobile" website on my phone. I'm not impressed with it. Requesting desktop site helps some. Pictures are the biggest problem. Even though logging in and tapping the IM pop-up were semi difficult, I still prefer the old version of the website on mobile devices.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By gsd1983:
Noticed today that the "Sent Messages" tab is dead in my IM window. Bug maybe?
View Quote

Mobile is functional, desktop is not.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By logan10:
Starting a few days ago, most of the text options atop a text window are whited out. A few remain visible like Amazon, font size, insert spoiler box, and Code. Though the others are
"invisible", I can hover over each and it will tell what it is and it functions. This is on a laptop using Chrome.
View Quote

Fixed. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:09:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BackInBlack63] [#28]
Originally Posted By gsd1983:

Mobile is functional, desktop is not.
View Quote

All the IM folders are broke for me.  Using Firefox on a laptop with Win7.  They work in IE though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#29]
IM folders not working for me on desktop or mobile, either.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Desktop IM Folders still not functional. Using Chrome as a browser.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Tried to do a insert image url and it didn't work at all.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#32]
What are the little logos under the profile picture?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#33]
OK, what happened today? Buttons, colors have changed and I can't subscribe to threads...
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
OK, what happened today? Buttons, colors have changed and I can't subscribe to threads...
View Quote

Topic icons are gone entirely for me. Now way to know what has new replies/is new.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I am still new to the site and still learning how to navigate. How do I get to my posts to check activity? Also any other navigation assistance is appreciated.  I cannot get to the Forum Tools. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I can't get into any of the Rooms in the EE while logged on.

Can see the categories; but when I click on one, takes me back to a general menu.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By tenewel:

Had it happen also.  I hit shift + control and reloaded the page and everything went back to normal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tenewel:
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Had it happen also.  I hit shift + control and reloaded the page and everything went back to normal.

Still not working. Chrome, latest version
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cornhskr] [#39]
I can't seem to subscribe or unsubscribe to threads right now.

ETA:  Using Chrome it won't allow me.  Using Firefox it works.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#40]

I can't check other folders in my IM box or view any other pages in my in box either. Wish we could go back to the old site. I'm still not fond of the new one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't get a email from this site when I post in the Exchange board section when I sell items or buy.  I get no notice of any reply's or if someone bought something or I sold something.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Where is the link to the mobile site?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#43]
@GoatBoy Why can I no longer search by screen name? I wanted to find an old post of mine, probably in the archives by now, and can't search by screen name on the live site or the archives. What gives?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#45]
*facepalm*

Thanks @GoatBoy !
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Not happy with the new login. Why does every keep trying to make something that works fine work better? It rarely does, especially when it comes to web sites like AR15.com
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
It's there for security purposes. Will tweak it a bit to make it better based on feedback.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:
Originally Posted By usmcmp:
Not happy with the new login. Why does every keep trying to make something that works fine work better? It rarely does, especially when it comes to web sites like AR15.com
It's there for security purposes. Will tweak it a bit to make it better based on feedback.
Yeah, that's really annoying, especially when I have the /forums/ page bookmarked but it doesn't take me back there after I have to enter the random code.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#50]
@GoatBoy the quote history button is broken. When the quote links to a previous page, it takes you to the main forum page instead of the previous thread page with the quote on it. Works fine if the quote is on the same page.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top