Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2015 3:53:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Ouch. Hope everything works out for you guys. But, i gotta say, that was a pretty bad oops. However, shit happens.

I bet this stemmed from the ban panic days.

Best of luck Stag!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StagArms:

The federal government has agreed to allow Stag Arms to continue operating with an effective firearms license during the transition to new ownership and the plan moving forward is for business as usual during the transition and beyond.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
How will you operate without an FFL?

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-stag-arms-guilty-plea-federal-court-1223-20151222-story.html

The federal government has agreed to allow Stag Arms to continue operating with an effective firearms license during the transition to new ownership and the plan moving forward is for business as usual during the transition and beyond.

Awesome. Well good luck guys!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
All so Joanna could get a pretty little gold star on her ATF attendance sheet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#6]
It's sad to hear

Please thank Mark for his vocal support in the gun community, and I hope that he continues to be vocal in the future.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Huh, so the "will not comply" stuff wasn't just internet tough talk

Sadly, this is akin to some Church being shut down because they didn't purchase their bibles through an official government printing press

Sucks. Hopefully this does nothing but make gun sales go even higher.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty hefty fines for record keeping issues don't ya think?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#9]
good luck Stag

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep your chin up guys. FBATFE.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-stag-arms-guilty-plea-federal-court-1223-20151222-story.html

Interesting you got the government to agree to that. A lot of times they don't and require the business to liquidate the inventory ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
And you wonder why another AR15 manufacturer has had fires where they kept their records...
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Good luck guys. No bad rep with me. Keep truckin'.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Big_Rig_416:
View Quote

Same here...4 of my 5 are Stag.  There will be more

FBATFE!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:16:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a lefty upper of yours and love it! I hope you the best!
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Big_Rig_416:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:44:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I need a new lower to SBR, I'll show my support.

But tell the new management not to screw up the paperwork this time
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Stag, thank you for your vocal support during the CT ban. Your support of the law abiding gun owner won't be easily forgotten. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#19]
and it begins....
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Hopefully the hardworking employees keep their jobs or find new ones, be sold to a private equity firm can be rough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Stag arms and mike still have my full support, all ARs I buy in the future will be stag. And I will own my current stag with the same pride I have for the past years. Keep fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
It is very unfortunate that Stag Arms was found in violation of federal gun laws.  Whether we agree with gun laws or find them unjust, we must still follow them and comply. Two hundred rifles, and many machine guns missing is a serious offense. If these guns have fallen into the wrong hands, it can only reflect badly on the firearms industry and those of us here. Stag Arms violations will give the anti-gunners plenty of reason to suggest more gun control laws that may affect all of us here. Whether it was just negligence or ill intent, the punishment given could be the same. What ever happens we still wish the owner well for his good contributions to the industry
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:54:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Keep up the good fight STAG ARMS, and hope for brighter futures for your company and employees. I think my next build will be off Stag Receivers.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Good Luck! Keep up the guality work
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By D233:
View Quote

They should have used the Hillary Clinton defense.  Recordkeeping is a non-issue, when it comes to crimes committed by the favored ones.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 4:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1911lover] [#26]
Originally Posted By skifast:

They should have used the Hillary Clinton defense.  Recordkeeping is a non-issue, when it comes to crimes committed by the favored ones.
View All Quotes

This.

Best of wishes to Stag Arms, it's past owner and the new one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#27]
As a Stag owner and a Sabre Defence owner I still  have no pity for those who  think they are above the law.  Of the two companies that should have kept their noses clean it should have been these two. Sabre with their .Gov contracts and Mark preaching the 2nd amendment then tossing it aside and opening the door for more anti-gun rhetoric.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

The controlling nature that is inherent in government never misses an opportunity to further their agenda by regulation or penalty or both. Clearly political.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RINO_Hunter:
All so Joanna could get a pretty little gold star on her ATF attendance sheet.
View Quote

Sounds more like Joanna was the $10.00 per hour compliance officer for Stag that didn't do her job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top