Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2014 5:47:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice but the skin removing bezel could go.  For daily pocket carry, that thing gets old.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Oops, clicked on the wrong thread.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice but the skin removing bezel could go.  For daily pocket carry, that thing gets old.
View Quote

Truth: this man speaks it.

The mild crenelated bezel on my Streamlight Protac 1L and 1AA can get uncomfortable if it's in my pocket just the right way and I move just the right way.  Something as aggressive as this new Surefire would be a no-go for me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish Surefire would stop with the mandatory cycling between output modes, high-low-high-low-high-low-high-low, and start making something like Elzetta's tail cap which allows you to set your output level with a slight 1/4 turn.  It's why I only own their mini scout anymore and have sold all of my EDC lights of theirs that I had.  I absolutely love their new TIR lens in the M300B and it made me want to get one of these pretty bad.  But I just cannot stand having to cycle back and forth.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The mild crenelated bezel on my Streamlight Protac 1L and 1AA can get uncomfortable if it's in my pocket just the right way and I move just the right way.  Something as aggressive as this new Surefire would be a no-go for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then buy an E1B. I for one have been waiting for this very light to come out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wish Surefire would stop with the mandatory cycling between output modes, high-low-high-low-high-low-high-low, and start making something like Elzetta's tail cap which allows you to set your output level with a slight 1/4 turn.  It's why I only own their mini scout anymore and have sold all of my EDC lights of theirs that I had.  I absolutely love their new TIR lens in the M300B and it made me want to get one of these pretty bad.  But I just cannot stand having to cycle back and forth.
View Quote

This too.

It nullifies it for tactical work as you can't keep it on the full brightness setting while strobing or switching on and off....

The EAG lights are exactly what this should be...just the E1 version of this item with EAG features.  

That would be perfect.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the original E1L Outdorsman and it is a great light this look sreally great.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn that took a while, Surefire.
I made my own of these with an EB1 head and VTAC E1B body/tailcap.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The E1B still has them just not quite as aggressive.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#10]
The bezel is why i bought my E2D.   It's my edc and my issue with it is actually the odd length.  It's too short to sit in the bottom of the pocket and not long enough to ride up and down.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't have a problem with the crenelated bezel.. I have carried a 6P w/ the KX4D conversion head for years.  No problems. A smaller light with a pocket clip would be even better but unless something happens to the 6P then I don't have a reason to invest in the other one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]
For those looking for more details; my review may help:

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top