Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:37:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How disgusting that he would try to subvert a law that the majority of CT citizens and legislators wanted passed. I hope this dirtbag leaves the state and takes his employees and customers with him.

Of course he forgot to add, 'and your money'

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How disgusting that he would try to subvert a law that the majority of CT citizens and legislators wanted passed. I hope this dirtbag leaves the state and takes his employees and customers with him.

Nobody wants to take away your guns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

X2 Agreed, who would do such a thing???
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I applaud their your efforts but this is just fighting a delaying action. If the final design is an effective rifle it will be banned as a "loophole".
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
If it were me...  The rifle submitted would be pink and labeled as FUCT-15
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yankee Ingenuity Meets A Ban: Effort To Redesign AR-15 Underway

Dan Haar On April 12, 2013  Hartford Courant

As Mark Malkowski watched Gov. Dannel P. Malloy sign the gun control bill into law on April 4, he sat in his office with three military-style rifles.

Nothing unusual there, since Malkowski’s New Britain company, Stag Arms, makes the AR-15-style guns. But one of the black weapons was a bit different – it had a sawed-off pistol grip.

The de-gripped rifle was the first go-around in Stag’s effort to design a gun that’s legal for sale in Connecticut, and still has the core of the AR-15, the wildly popular type of rifle that represents fully one-quarter of all firearms sales in the United States.

Read the rest of the article at: http://courantblogs.com/dan-haar/yankee-ingenuity-meets-a-ban-effort-to-redesign-ar-15-underway/    

So glad I don't live in these states..more power to you guys to make the best of a shitty situation
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I handled some messed up no grip skeleton stock thing at an Armorer(s) course a couple months ago.  Couple guys from NY brought it with them.

Guess it is better than nothing...

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
In a way it reminds me of this discussion.

When faced with a ban on the semi-automatic AR-15, some of our UK brothers-in-spirit designed an AR15 that required a button under the thumb be pushed after every shot, making the rifle no longer semi-automatic.

I hope it never comes to that here, but it just shows that ingenuity cannot be stopped.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course he forgot to add, 'and your money'

That's odd;one of the pro gun commenters called himself Piccolo
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:24:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good for Stag, that would be legal in NY also. there was a prototype that basically had an 870 stock that floated around for years but was never manufactured

The "Herring Sporting Rifle"

Only change to the upper IIRC was a shortened bolt carrier with a FAL style "rat tail".
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you Stag,  I thoroughly enjoyed the comments.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for Stag, that would be legal in NY also. there was a prototype that basically had an 870 stock that floated around for years but was never manufactured

http://i36.tinypic.com/bi3wk9.jpg

Only change to the upper IIRC was a shortened bolt carrier with a FAL style "rat tail".

I would totally get one of these. NY sucks! I hope they do come up with some ingenuity that uses AR mags. Ruger mini 14's are still legal here. Go stag!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Usually  I think ban compliant rifles look like crap (the CA Monsterman grip comes to mind) but that doesn't look that bad at all. Though that could be the bourbon glasses telling me so.

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would totally get one of these. NY sucks! I hope they do come up with some ingenuity that uses AR mags. Ruger mini 14's are still legal here. Go stag!

I would get one of those, and I don't have your restrictions. IMHO, that is a nice looking rifle.

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would get one of those, and I don't have your restrictions. IMHO, that is a nice looking rifle.  

+2

That thing is begging for a pencil barrel and some skinny handguards
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I applaud their your efforts but this is just fighting a delaying action. If the final design is an effective rifle it will be banned as a "loophole".

Well, I'm not so sure.  After switchblade knives were banned there ware a lot of innovations that were never outlawed and that worked at least as well as the conventional switchblade, some even better: Kit Carson's flipper design, thumb stud openers, Speedsafe, and the Emerson wheel stud and wave.  The Emerson Wave opener, for instance, is faster than a switchblade and is used by Special Ops. The fact is that the legislators are fighting a losing battle, for that and a number of other reasons.

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Love it.                        
  And if it only pisses the dopes off I love it even more.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Not that I want it and never to say that I agree. BUT, this is exactly why I dont fear a ban, because it will ultimatlyprevent nothing. There was a ban before. With a few parts swaped out, deleted or modified you were in compliance. The same rounds were still going down range. The ban expired, some grinding here, new parts there and they were back to what they needed to look like. I wish everyone else was as calm, so I could find so desent priced ammo to go to the range.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of want one, and I don't even live in a ban state.  

It kind of looks like the missing link between the M14 and the M16.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someones gonna sell a million of those.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Down for one!

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#25]
STAG, stop playing the CT communist game... Pack your bags and leave this shit hole!

How could you stay and pay these bastards tax revenue when they bitch slapped you andbthe entire industry across the face.

You wanna teach them a lesson... Screw your CT compliant rifles, move on.

Fyi, your 1080am interview was pathetic.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me of a "ranch rifle"  For some reason, I think I'd want one with wood furniture
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]
It's not about making a rifle legal to suit the current States Law, the matter is deeper.  Also, it's not about making a safer firearm because firearms are inanimate.  The fact is someone wants to make a gun to suit the law makers and get rich at the same time.  However, what everyone one should be doing is working together to resolve the concerns of firearms getting in the wrong hands.  If we the people can put someone on the moon, we can sort this issue to suffice for a few more centuries because technology will make this issue obsolete.  For example, if bow and arrow were lethal in it's time, before firearms, then the semi-automatic rifle will fall into the category of not-so-lethal when we are presented with a whole new set of firearms/rifle technology.  We the people can prevail as our forefathers were avant-garde in having the forethought to see into the future and create our United States Constitution, especially the Second Amendment. Thus, compromise is evident, such as increasing the legal age of firearm possession, and enforcing existing laws, but not abolishing the Second Amendment - the United States of America is founded on the Constitution regardless of who is President.  As George Washington would say, "So mote it be".
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
STAG, stop playing the CT communist game... Pack your bags and leave this shit hole!

How could you stay and pay these bastards tax revenue when they bitch slapped you andbthe entire industry across the face.

+1

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What they do instead of the buffer and tube?

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank you for putting all those rifles and lower on the market at crunch time. I plan on buying one of these just to say thank you for getting ARs into the hand of 1000+ CT residents in the 24 hrs before the bill was signed. I only hope you are manufacturing the new design in a free state when I buy it.

As much as I appreciate what you have done, and as difficult as it would be for you and your employees, I sincerely hope you choose to take advantage of one of the many offers you received from other states. They don't deserve your tax dollars, and based on the electorate here, I don't know if there are any political consequences in store for the legislators who passed this garbage. Having their vote directly linked to serious job and revenue losses is about the only potential downside for them. Go grow your business where it will cost less and where your employees don't have to worry about what the legislature might do next.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someones gonna sell a million of those.

I have an SU-16CA which has a similar ergonomic design to it.  Love the thing.  I'd buy one of these.  (assuming the law doesn't change and I don't move)
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What they do instead of the buffer and tube?

If it's like the FAL as I seem to remember mentioned, there would be an angled tube with spring going down into the stock.  Bolt carrier is shortened and a hinged rod is attached to the BC that pushes against the spring/buffer.  Shortened bolt carrier is also evident in the photo from the sling swivel replacing the forward assist.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 12:37:32 AM EDT
[#35]
think it might look good with a Magpul 870 stock on it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 2:55:57 AM EDT
[#36]
The fact that stag has not come out and said they are moving out of state yet has lost me as a customer. Since the law passed I have put my house up for sale and will move out of ct. I understand they have not said one way or another, but to me that is not good enough.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 3:17:39 AM EDT
[#37]
"Monsterman Grip".  California figured this problem out years ago.  Ugly as sin but it gets the job done.  (So glad I don't have to deal with that nonsense anymore, though)  

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Good for Stag, especially for announcing that they are working on this in the first place.  I hope it hits every media source in CT!

Of course Stag can leave CT, taking all of their tax revenue and jobs with them.  We would all understand; heck, I would help them pack!  Problem is, our State Government doesn't care in the slightest.  What they will care about, is someone making a rifle that does everything an AR15 w/ 30 round mag does that will comply with our ridiculous new law.  The will be incensed, ranting and raving on the airwaves vilifying all us gun owners for yet again exploiting a loophole in there "common sense," gun control measures.  Well i say bring it on Stag!

Yup, Stag could leave CT and be done with all of this, that is the sensible thing to do.  But, why do that when you can stay and stick it to the man at the same time that you are keeping your friends and family employed.

Stag, make sure you make a rifle that is so damn cool that it's going to make everyone want to own one!
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be pretty neet with an SBR'ed upper.

Would love one
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 4:33:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Don't you pay taxes in CT?

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not about making a rifle legal to suit the current States Law, the matter is deeper.  Also, it's not about making a safer firearm because firearms are inanimate.  The fact is someone wants to make a gun to suit the law makers and get rich at the same time.  However, what everyone one should be doing is working together to resolve the concerns of firearms getting in the wrong hands.  If we the people can put someone on the moon, we can sort this issue to suffice for a few more centuries because technology will make this issue obsolete.  For example, if bow and arrow were lethal in it's time, before firearms, then the semi-automatic rifle will fall into the category of not-so-lethal when we are presented with a whole new set of firearms/rifle technology.  We the people can prevail as our forefathers were avant-garde in having the forethought to see into the future and create our United States Constitution, especially the Second Amendment. Thus, compromise is evident, such as increasing the legal age of firearm possession, and enforcing existing laws, but not abolishing the Second Amendment - the United States of America is founded on the Constitution regardless of who is President.  As George Washington would say, "So mote it be".

Go start some other thread with your compromise crap, stay out of this one  

But it's a grammatical goldmine.  I'm getting a bit of a woody as I ponder all the sentence fragments, punctuation errors, and downright turgidity of his prose.

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 4:40:20 AM EDT
[#42]
"drop the bomb" Col Kurtz
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Stag should move to a neighboring state and design a rifle to sell to CT residents.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#44]

I have a queasy feeling this thread is going to end up costing me money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 6:49:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Texas extends it's warmest welcomes!
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wondered how long it would be before this post, from Connecticut no less. MagPul sure didn't waste time with plans to move.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#48]
CA has been doing work arounds for years. getting totally ass raped about it from ARFCOM in the process. but other states.... Good on them for thinking outside the box.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Go Stag Arms!!!  
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't look that bad.  I wouldn't mind having one with a midlength or a 20" govt. profile.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top