Previous Page
Page:  / 6
Author
100% USA made rifles
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:37:43 AM EST

Yankee Ingenuity Meets A Ban: Effort To Redesign AR-15 Underway

Dan Haar On April 12, 2013 Hartford Courant

As Mark Malkowski watched Gov. Dannel P. Malloy sign the gun control bill into law on April 4, he sat in his office with three military-style rifles.

Nothing unusual there, since Malkowski’s New Britain company, Stag Arms, makes the AR-15-style guns. But one of the black weapons was a bit different – it had a sawed-off pistol grip.

The de-gripped rifle was the first go-around in Stag’s effort to design a gun that’s legal for sale in Connecticut, and still has the core of the AR-15, the wildly popular type of rifle that represents fully one-quarter of all firearms sales in the United States.

Read the rest of the article at: http://courantblogs.com/dan-haar/yankee-ingenuity-meets-a-ban-effort-to-redesign-ar-15-underway/
www.stagarms.com
860-229-9994
Paul
Self aware sack of star stuff
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 9:43:41 AM EST
How disgusting that he would try to subvert a law that the majority of CT citizens and legislators wanted passed. I hope this dirtbag leaves the state and takes his employees and customers with him.

Celebrating the Second Amendment One Fine Firearm at a Time
piccolo
Grand Poobah
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:23:54 AM EST
Originally Posted By Paul:
How disgusting that he would try to subvert a law that the majority of CT citizens and legislators wanted passed. I hope this dirtbag leaves the state and takes his employees and customers with him.

Of course he forgot to add, 'and your money'

http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html
----------------------------------------

Vote "YES" on 'NO'!

For Captain Erick Foster, Wexford, PA KIA 29 Aug, 07.
Rangers lead the way.
retgarr
Checkmate
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:27:13 AM EST

Nobody wants to take away your guns.
Visit the Vz58 sub forum! http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_4/99_.html
The plural of anecdote is not data.
"Arrogant pacifism is a privilege bought with blood." Colion Noir
elwskw
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:35:20 AM EST

X2 Agreed, who would do such a thing???
Lomshek
Just some dude
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 10:52:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/12/2013 10:53:09 AM EST by Lomshek]
I applaud their your efforts but this is just fighting a delaying action. If the final design is an effective rifle it will be banned as a "loophole".
Sure would be nice to be a wanna be again instead of a used to be.
The_Waabit
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 11:09:34 AM EST
If it were me... The rifle submitted would be pink and labeled as FUCT-15
Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large numbers
HEMIsphere05
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:06:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By StagArms:

Yankee Ingenuity Meets A Ban: Effort To Redesign AR-15 Underway

Dan Haar On April 12, 2013 Hartford Courant

As Mark Malkowski watched Gov. Dannel P. Malloy sign the gun control bill into law on April 4, he sat in his office with three military-style rifles.

Nothing unusual there, since Malkowski’s New Britain company, Stag Arms, makes the AR-15-style guns. But one of the black weapons was a bit different – it had a sawed-off pistol grip.

The de-gripped rifle was the first go-around in Stag’s effort to design a gun that’s legal for sale in Connecticut, and still has the core of the AR-15, the wildly popular type of rifle that represents fully one-quarter of all firearms sales in the United States.

Read the rest of the article at: http://courantblogs.com/dan-haar/yankee-ingenuity-meets-a-ban-effort-to-redesign-ar-15-underway/

So glad I don't live in these states..more power to you guys to make the best of a shitty situation
ARFCOM call sign: TubeSock
Aimless
The Hero of Cockpocalypse
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:30:00 PM EST
Good for Stag, that would be legal in NY also. there was a prototype that basically had an 870 stock that floated around for years but was never manufactured
Prosecutor Kristyna S. Mills said her office prosecutes these types of cases “all the time”speaking of the prosecution of Sgt. Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, for possessing AR15 magazines
BoRdErBaCoN
I am not the Fed you are looking for...
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:45:26 PM EST
I handled some messed up no grip skeleton stock thing at an Armorer(s) course a couple months ago. Couple guys from NY brought it with them.

Guess it is better than nothing...

I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem with going out the same way.

L.J.
BoRdErBaCoN
Monoz
The Anvil
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 12:47:30 PM EST
In a way it reminds me of this discussion.

When faced with a ban on the semi-automatic AR-15, some of our UK brothers-in-spirit designed an AR15 that required a button under the thumb be pushed after every shot, making the rifle no longer semi-automatic.

I hope it never comes to that here, but it just shows that ingenuity cannot be stopped.
"The enemy," retorted Yossarian with weighted precision, "is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on." - Catch 22
PR361
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 2:26:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/12/2013 2:26:40 PM EST by PR361]
Originally Posted By piccolo:

Of course he forgot to add, 'and your money'

That's odd;one of the pro gun commenters called himself Piccolo
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.
George Will

Eagle Scout
Vet
NRA Life Member
Gamma762
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:24:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/12/2013 3:26:10 PM EST by Gamma762]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Good for Stag, that would be legal in NY also. there was a prototype that basically had an 870 stock that floated around for years but was never manufactured

The "Herring Sporting Rifle"

Only change to the upper IIRC was a shortened bolt carrier with a FAL style "rat tail".
This is...a clue - Pat_Rogers
I'm not adequately aluminumized for this thread. - gonzo_beyondo
CO, FL, MI, SC, NH - Please lobby your legislators to end discrimination against non-resident CCW permit holders
SirSqueeboo
2012 Cockpocalypse Survivor
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:29:47 PM EST
Thank you Stag, I thoroughly enjoyed the comments.
It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom is what it is ok. Keep that in mind at all times.

-Bill Hicks
ironshaolin
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:40:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

http://i36.tinypic.com/bi3wk9.jpg

Only change to the upper IIRC was a shortened bolt carrier with a FAL style "rat tail".

I would totally get one of these. NY sucks! I hope they do come up with some ingenuity that uses AR mags. Ruger mini 14's are still legal here. Go stag!
LoganSackett
If you can read this, you aren't illiterate
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:45:27 PM EST

Usually I think ban compliant rifles look like crap (the CA Monsterman grip comes to mind) but that doesn't look that bad at all. Though that could be the bourbon glasses telling me so.
"Strive for perfection and you will easily surpass excellence"----dad

".............."---Harpo Marx
Formergrunt94
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 4:26:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By ironshaolin:

I would totally get one of these. NY sucks! I hope they do come up with some ingenuity that uses AR mags. Ruger mini 14's are still legal here. Go stag!

I would get one of those, and I don't have your restrictions. IMHO, that is a nice looking rifle.
Impulse control: it separates men from children and criminals.
Ragin_Cajun
Cuddly as a Crowbar
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 4:46:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By Formergrunt94:

Originally Posted By ironshaolin:

I would get one of those, and I don't have your restrictions. IMHO, that is a nice looking rifle.

+2

That thing is begging for a pencil barrel and some skinny handguards
Ohne Schwefel und Salpeter gibt's keine Freiheit!

"Consider a spherical cow in a vacuum."
freewheeling
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 4:49:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/12/2013 4:57:18 PM EST by freewheeling]
Originally Posted By Lomshek:
I applaud their your efforts but this is just fighting a delaying action. If the final design is an effective rifle it will be banned as a "loophole".

Well, I'm not so sure. After switchblade knives were banned there ware a lot of innovations that were never outlawed and that worked at least as well as the conventional switchblade, some even better: Kit Carson's flipper design, thumb stud openers, Speedsafe, and the Emerson wheel stud and wave. The Emerson Wave opener, for instance, is faster than a switchblade and is used by Special Ops. The fact is that the legislators are fighting a losing battle, for that and a number of other reasons.

JohnParker55
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 4:52:12 PM EST
Love it.
And if it only pisses the dopes off I love it even more.
NRA
SCOPE
NYSRPA
GOA
Aimless
The Hero of Cockpocalypse
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:03:18 PM EST

Thanks.

Prosecutor Kristyna S. Mills said her office prosecutes these types of cases “all the time”speaking of the prosecution of Sgt. Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, for possessing AR15 magazines
Hawk1911
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:09:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/12/2013 5:11:01 PM EST by Hawk1911]
Not that I want it and never to say that I agree. BUT, this is exactly why I dont fear a ban, because it will ultimatlyprevent nothing. There was a ban before. With a few parts swaped out, deleted or modified you were in compliance. The same rounds were still going down range. The ban expired, some grinding here, new parts there and they were back to what they needed to look like. I wish everyone else was as calm, so I could find so desent priced ammo to go to the range.
Rogue-Sasquatch
Akimbo Pixelslinger
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:21:18 PM EST

I kind of want one, and I don't even live in a ban state.

It kind of looks like the missing link between the M14 and the M16.
You know, I've been here for aqua-bumpers, shower cookies, goose fuckers, doll shows, fire on airplanes, and the attempted theft of an AR by Shitty McBritches, and this post is the one that's finally made me say, "This place is getting weird." -53
postpostban
ELECTRICIAN EXTRAORDINAIRE
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:39:11 PM EST

Someones gonna sell a million of those.
"Ultimately, a civilized society must disarm its citizenry if it is to have a modicum of domestic tranquility of the kind enjoyed by sister democracies such as Canada and Britain."

Charles Krauthammer
The Washington Post, April 5th, 1
DanTSX
Blueblooded Yankee Carpetbagger :I
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 5:42:21 PM EST
Down for one!

15 ROUNDS IS NOT A CRIME!
Firefoxammo
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:03:49 PM EST
STAG, stop playing the CT communist game... Pack your bags and leave this shit hole!

How could you stay and pay these bastards tax revenue when they bitch slapped you andbthe entire industry across the face.

You wanna teach them a lesson... Screw your CT compliant rifles, move on.

Fyi, your 1080am interview was pathetic.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 6