User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I love the Mel beat down in the comments
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
CA has been doing work arounds for years. getting totally ass raped about it from ARFCOM in the process. but other states.... Good on them for thinking outside the box.

I agree totally. All the CT boys would shit all over MA laws, and how no gun owner should ever stay living in a state where so-called "assault weapons" have to be pre-ban and so did our mags. Now that they can't own crap there, and what they can own they have to register and have already been told a confiscation bill has been drafted, some have gone as far as saying gun owners should move TO CT to protest and fight the law.

You aren't the only one to see the double standard.

As for me, I'm going to one of the six gun clubs within a 20 minute drive of my house and shoot my AKs in 7.62x39 and Colt AR15s, both using mags with no bar codes on them.

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Come to Texas.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
If Stag leaves CT, I will BUY a Stag rifle to honor their decision.  

I think a lot of other shooters feel the same way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for Stag, that would be legal in NY also. there was a prototype that basically had an 870 stock that floated around for years but was never manufactured

The "Herring Sporting Rifle"
http://i36.tinypic.com/bi3wk9.jpg
Only change to the upper IIRC was a shortened bolt carrier with a FAL style "rat tail".

Would be pretty neet with an SBR'ed upper.
Would love one

I was actually thinking of an amputated non-stock grip, just long enough for their spring tube, in the style of the "ranch hand" firearms along with a short barrel as a pistol build.

I'm guessing that's NOT what the AW banners had in mind
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In a way it reminds me of this discussion.

When faced with a ban on the semi-automatic AR-15, some of our UK brothers-in-spirit designed an AR15 that required a button under the thumb be pushed after every shot, making the rifle no longer semi-automatic.

I hope it never comes to that here, but it just shows that ingenuity cannot be stopped.

That thing was was beyond neat.  A lever action rifle with great ergonomics.

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Says the company that has suspended new sales of rifles, upper halves, lowers, bolt carriers, and too busy to make changes to orders.  Yep, this new stuff will be coming right out the door!
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CA has been doing work arounds for years. getting totally ass raped about it from ARFCOM in the process. but other states.... Good on them for thinking outside the box.

I agree totally. All the CT boys would shit all over MA laws, and how no gun owner should ever stay living in a state where so-called "assault weapons" have to be pre-ban and so did our mags. Now that they can't own crap there, and what they can own they have to register and have already been told a confiscation bill has been drafted, some have gone as far as saying gun owners should move TO CT to protest and fight the law.

You aren't the only one to see the double standard.

As for me, I'm going to one of the six gun clubs within a 20 minute drive of my house and shoot my AKs in 7.62x39 and Colt AR15s, both using mags with no bar codes on them.

Wish I'd seen this earlier.  I would have joined you.  My AK needs some range time...
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I refuse to do business with a company who tries to cater to these bs laws.  Leave the state, sue the state to get the laws changed, or loose my business and the many others who are thinking the same as me.

all that you are going to do by modifying your guns to meet the new laws is showing that you are willing to compromise.  You are giving in to the libs!
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Come to Texas.

The water is fine, jump on into TX!

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I would buy one if Stag said they were not staying...I think any company or person that stays in this State and continues paying taxes to a communist take over is just plain crazy..I feel like a Jew paying the gas bill for the Germans,hoping I'm not the next one they come and take away in the middle of the night..I'm stuck here for a little while...But will be leaving as soon as I get my shit straightened out..Never before has anything caused me to work so hard at getting all my affairs in order..
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I like it even though I live thankfully in a state that doesn't have a ban.

I think if they  come up with something like the photo of the prototype with Magpul furniture it would be a great rifle in its own right. An AWB compliant rifle that takes AR mags would be great. Or the same platform that takes AK mags would be a great short range deer rifle. I would buy one.

We should not abandon our brothers in occupied territory. People have jobs and family responsibilities and can't move without alot of planning. Good jobs these days are hard to come by. Your first responsibility is to feed your family. Remember our Republic was born in these states. In 1775 no one thought an upstart rag tag bunch of hillbillies or "yankee doodles" could defeat the strongest army in the world but they did. The descendants of these people still live there.

Any platform that takes AR mags and is in compliance with CT/NY/MA/CA/MD etc laws that allows law abiding citizens to to own a rifle with the same capabilities as an AR should be celebrated. After all the libtards say celebrate diversity. Plus it would make the liberals have a cow.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Could do one of those Herrings.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

In a way it reminds me of this discussion.

When faced with a ban on the semi-automatic AR-15, some of our UK brothers-in-spirit designed an AR15 that required a button under the thumb be pushed after every shot, making the rifle no longer semi-automatic.

I hope it never comes to that here, but it just shows that ingenuity cannot be stopped.

The Browning Semi-Bolt action is probably the next best thing with a semi-auto ban;

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for Stag, that would be legal in NY also. there was a prototype that basically had an 870 stock that floated around for years but was never manufactured

Only change to the upper IIRC was a shortened bolt carrier with a FAL style "rat tail".

That with the Magpul 870 Stock and MOE Front Guard.. would be bad-ass.

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would totally get one of these. NY sucks! I hope they do come up with some ingenuity that uses AR mags. Ruger mini 14's are still legal here. Go stag!

I would get one of those, and I don't have your restrictions. IMHO, that is a nice looking rifle.  

+1
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Two please.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#18]
So Stag is making Monsterman/grip wraps/hammer head stock grips/stocks now?
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
STAG, stop playing the CT Communist game... Pack your bags and leave this shit hole!

How could you stay and pay these bastards tax revenue when they bitch slapped you and the entire industry across the face.

You wanna teach them a lesson... Screw your CT compliant rifles, move on.

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Stag is welcome to relocate to Virginia. Don't sell anything to law enforcement or government agencies in the states that pass these unsensable laws based on public consent. Our constitution was written to stand as it is, not to be altered by public consent whenever the feeling arises.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I would like to see someones hand gripping the Herring and reaching for the trigger. For some reason it looks like it would be a strange angle.

Am I wrong? Or does the trigger look a bit low and around the bottom corner of the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I refuse to do business with a company who tries to cater to these bs laws.  Leave the state, sue the state to get the laws changed, or loose my business and the many others who are thinking the same as me.

all that you are going to do by modifying your guns to meet the new laws is showing that you are willing to compromise.  You are giving in to the libs!

Dude, people are still stuck there.  Not everyone can move, so why shouldn't they be able to buy an effective fighting rifle?

If they sell these in CT, they can use those funds to fight the law.  They do that and I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Stag should move to a neighboring state and design a rifle to sell to CT residents.

You don't own a map, do you?

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Follow MAGPUL'S LEAD  if the people can't own what the police need he won't sell to them.  OBTW He is in the process of leaving the state of Colorado I will never own another MAG other than MAGPUL as long as I live (which may not be much longer ).

GREAT MOVE ON MAGPULS PART.  IF YOU ALL DO THAT WE WON"T HAVE A PROBLEM.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Don't make a rifle to Satisfy the State they are not your customers..  Make a weapon that Satisfies the customer which you already have, and I have one your model 15 mod 3, Which I love.  You and the citizens don't want what your selling the only choice is to get the citizens to come around to keep you in New Britian CT USA or Move Like PMAG has.  When they lose their tax base And the politicians have to explain why taxes have to be raised 'something' will change.  If you move I'll buy another stag in 308. quit Simple
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 4:11:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Is the Herring rifle just a prototype or are they for sale?  I agree that the trigger looks like it may be a little awkward the way it's positioned. Obviously it's not an AR but the safety would be something to get used to unless maybe you could put an ambi safety on for right handed shooters. I'd still probably buy one but I would like to handle it first to see how it feels.  I think it sucks that we live in a "free" country and company's have to jump through hoops to be compliant but all that aside I think it's a cool looking rifle, if it functions well I think it's a good idea regardless. .
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#28]
@STAG

if you are listening, please call whatever rifle you come up with, the DM-13

dannel malloy - 13

its only right to honor the man that forced the redesign of our beloved AR15
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Props to Stag for trying to figure out a way to get the AR platform to ban states but.......

This does not help the fight, the antis will see this as a "oh look they can have there rifles this way" so more states will jump on the ban wagon and ban the AR in its current configuration.

Why change the AR-15 for the government.... I say change the Government. Being compliant isnt going to help anyone its going to create more laws because they know we will comply.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Although I do feel that Stag should leave CT, I also feel that S&W should have left MA long ago.

Stag doesn't really matter to CT tax base like Colt does, and Colt will kiss anyone's ass they have to. They won't leave even wit the huge tax deals many states would offer them to get them to relocate. That's why I don't own a Colt newer than 9/13/94 and never will.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someones gonna sell a million of those.

I have an SU-16CA which has a similar ergonomic design to it.  Love the thing.  I'd buy one of these.  (assuming the law doesn't change and I don't move)

I have one too. Love it, just wish it was a little more robust feeling. Admittedly, I have not broken the thing, just feels a bit toyish.

We have been dealing with the stupids here in California for decades now. As such I have examples of both ways to comply with the letter of the law (fixed magazine rifles as well as featureless ones). While I utterly despise the fact that we have to do these things to comply with the laws as written, I am glad to see ingenuity find a way to wave a huge middle finger at these asshat politicians who have utterly no idea how firearms work.

ETA: I am intrigued by the no longer semi auto design that the British came up with. Hmmmmm.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh.....I kinda like it
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it and would buy one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#34]
irony
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it and would buy one.

This. I actually prefer the ergonomics of a stock Saiga over a regular AK, although the trigger sucks. I think they'd sell the hell out of them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Mel is a douchebag that deserves much worse than being able to breathe.

Anyone who read the first few comments knows Mel.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

DAMN!  A mini 14 with an AR15 upper. Does it shoot minute of man at 100 yards too?
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Before I would buy a fucked over AR15 there are plenty of sporter rifles, or non affected rifles that are so much better, like the Ruger mini-14, SKS, Garand, Remington 7400 and so on. I would buy and use any of those before I would use a fucked up AR or AK.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Feels like giving in to me.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not how the libs see it.
They see this as evading the law, and they can't stand it.

Well, here's a thought that hasn't occurred to them (or else they're just posturing).  Remember Prohibition?  Suddenly no one paid any attention to law and sentiment turned toward the criminal, so that there were a bunch of really bad guys who became popular heroes.  But the fact that no one was obeying the law was about the worst possible outcome for legislators because people also lost respect for all laws, and even for the Constitution.  So as soon as they could, they repealed Prohibition.

And what's coming with regard to a weapons ban in the US would be even worse.  Not only would no one would pay any attention to weapons laws other than to appear to be in compliance, but they'd start disregarding all kinds of statutes and laws.  And more importantly no one would buy weapons from the conventional manufacturers like Remington, Colt, etc..  First, they couldn't buy anything useful, but more importantly since they *can* manufacture this stuff at home with 3D printers and computerized routers and milling tables what you'd get is a run on those items vastly reducing their price eventually, and everything would go to black market home industry.  The banned guns would become cheap as dirt.  

So, any current weapons manufacturer who doesn't boycott the government procurers in states that have bans and that doesn't use all it's resources to stop such legislation can just hang things up and walk home.  There's no way a restrictive gun ban in the US is going to be honored.  Just not gonna happen.  Mull on that awhile Ms. Feinstein.

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Before I would buy a fucked over AR15 there are plenty of sporter rifles, or non affected rifles that are so much better, like the Ruger mini-14, SKS, Garand, Remington 7400 and so on. I would buy and use any of those before I would use a fucked up AR or AK.

it would be bought on principal, to piss off mao-loy, and make him squirm like a little girl
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Awesome idea.  Id suggest marketing it as a rifle for our friends in the AWB states...and a portion of every rifle sold would go to fight to restore the right of the fallen States.  If you make a good rifle people will buy it and you might get some who will buy it just to help out.  CA NY CO MD CT NJ there IS a market for it.   Make it better than the Kel Tech and mini 14 and it will sell
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#44]
BRAVO - Difficult but so is getting a new business to move into a place like CT- Beretta made the move! Bravo on them as well. Enough of this bending crap!

One of my thoughts was all the gun manufacturers  should move to Montana, a place where they would be appreciated - check out Montana laws! Superb - they actually support teh constitution.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
BRAVO - Difficult but so is getting a new business to move into a place like CT- Beretta made the move! Bravo on them as well. Enough of this bending crap!

One of my thoughts was all the gun manufacturers  should move to Montana, a place where they would be appreciated - check out Montana laws! Superb - they actually support teh constitution.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1469994_Montana_Governor_Vetoed_Pro_2nd_Amendment_Bill_for_his_Second_Time_in_less_than_1_Month_.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1470123_Montana_HB304__constitutional_carry__vetoed_again_.html
Link Posted: 4/15/2013 4:39:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Awesome idea.  Id suggest marketing it as a rifle for our friends in the AWB states...and a portion of every rifle sold would go to fight to restore the right of the fallen States.  If you make a good rifle people will buy it and you might get some who will buy it just to help out.  CA NY CO MD CT NJ there IS a market for it.   Make it better than the Kel Tech and mini 14 and it will sell

I can see a market in CT, NY and CA maybe, but not the rest of the banned states. Here in MA, we can still have pre-bans with any feature we want, and post bans the way we all had to live during the Federal Ban.

Link Posted: 4/16/2013 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We should not abandon our brothers in occupied territory. People have jobs and family responsibilities and can't move without alot of planning. Good jobs these days are hard to come by. Your first responsibility is to feed your family. Remember our Republic was born in these states. In 1775 no one thought an upstart rag tag bunch of hillbillies or "yankee doodles" could defeat the strongest army in the world but they did. The descendants of these people still live there.

Any platform that takes AR mags and is in compliance with CT/NY/MA/CA/MD etc laws that allows law abiding citizens to to own a rifle with the same capabilities as an AR should be celebrated. After all the libtards say celebrate diversity. Plus it would make the liberals have a cow.

This
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#48]
That Herring rifle was a prototype at the 2009 shot show produced by Ares Defense Systems, Inc.

The same people that brought the Shrike.

Who wants to petition them for a preorder?
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good for Stag, especially for announcing that they are working on this in the first place.  I hope it hits every media source in CT!

Of course Stag can leave CT, taking all of their tax revenue and jobs with them.  We would all understand; heck, I would help them pack!  Problem is, our State Government doesn't care in the slightest.  What they will care about, is someone making a rifle that does everything an AR15 w/ 30 round mag does that will comply with our ridiculous new law.  The will be incensed, ranting and raving on the airwaves vilifying all us gun owners for yet again exploiting a loophole in there "common sense," gun control measures.  Well i say bring it on Stag!

Yup, Stag could leave CT and be done with all of this, that is the sensible thing to do.  But, why do that when you can stay and stick it to the man at the same time that you are keeping your friends and family employed.

Stag, make sure you make a rifle that is so damn cool that it's going to make everyone want to own one!

I'm with you...will help them pack the moving truck.  I'd like to be in teh room when Dannel P. sees the Stag workaround rifle.  Am more than sure he'll shart himself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I recently saw a CNN report on that terrible pileup accident in the fog, where they were giving statistics about how many people are killed on freeways in fog every year, and of course we are all watching this bombing thing in Boston. It's clear to me that we really need to make fog illegal, as well as blowing people up and building improvised explosives. Laws against illegal drugs would be a great idea too. Oh wait...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top