Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
welcome, I will pay a visit once you establish.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's sad indeed that you guys are moving from our section of the country. Completely understandable, it's just a shame that it came to this.

Yea. I was looking forward to going to the store locally. What will become of it?

Store will be up for sale...

Quoted:
Any idea of where in Texas ya'll be moving to? It is a big state. Somewhere near Dallas would be ideal.

Dallas Area- probably spread anywhere from Rockwall to Canton.

Come towards Canton my GF and I will be there every other weekend.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's sad indeed that you guys are moving from our section of the country. Completely understandable, it's just a shame that it came to this.

Yea. I was looking forward to going to the store locally. What will become of it?

Store will be up for sale...

Quoted:
Any idea of where in Texas ya'll be moving to? It is a big state. Somewhere near Dallas would be ideal.

Dallas Area- probably spread anywhere from Rockwall to Canton.

Same place I'm heading. I can't take the east coast any longer, even if the redneck parts of Florida keep the liberals in line.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Great call Avilas. Sorry about your home state going FR. I'm sure you'll prosper in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:57:12 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll get more bang for your buck in east or northeast Texas.   Cost of living will be much lower outside of the Metroplex.  

Don't forget...our speedlimits are now generally 75 on major roads....it doesn't take nearly as long to get somewhere down here as it does back east.  

It's 175 miles from me to Dallas, and I can do it in 2.5 hours.  

Welcome to Texas!
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why that far east if I may ask?

Dunno- that's where TheRedGoat told us to go.

Seriously, we looked from North of Dallas to San Antonio... Liked the Dallas area most, east side, and checked out properties in Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Allen, Heath and similar areas, but in order to get more land and be further from neighbors, we kept heading east. Some thought Rockwall was rural enough, yet close to everything, while others preferred to head further from civilization.

To find civilization from Texas, find I 30 and go east to Little Rock.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:06:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#8]
What happens to the lawsuit filed against New York?  If you move out of state, won't that make your claim moot?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Being forced to move is unfortunate but I hope you all find Texas a much more inviting location for your business.  Those of use in the middle of this nation plan on keeping it firmly in the RED.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To touch on a few things:

- The plan with the engraved bricks is to set up a similar memorial eventually in Texas with them. The memorial sculpture will also move. We will not leave these in NY.

- Please do not donate for the move. There are plenty of groups who need the money for our troops. Please also consider the NRA, who is fighting against these unconstitutional laws.

- We plan to move to the area and feel it out for what we think would be a good fit for us. We will keep everyone posted on our decision as needed. We are excited and sad about this move, and right now we need to focus on the physical move itself. We have plans to move everything down as soon as possible to a temporary building and create as small an interruption as possible.

Thanks for your support through this rough time!

That is what brothers and sisters are for!

We will see all of you at some point when you get here.

I haven't seen all the list of family, just you and Edward, moving so I'll ask.

Is Ed Sr. and the rest of the family moving also?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Next cola warrior location?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I live in Arlington, if Ya'll need help moving in, getting around or just want a damn fine steak off the kamado let me know, I can free up some time.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#15]
If you're going to be coming to Dallas or Fort Worth, I'll buy ya a beer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn glad to have you down here.  Holler if you need some help moving in, you'll probably have a lot of folks show up to help you settle in if you send out a request.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in Fort Worth if I can help any.

I'm fucking twitterpated as hell ya'll are coming down here.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why that far east if I may ask?

Dunno- that's where TheRedGoat told us to go.

Seriously, we looked from North of Dallas to San Antonio... Liked the Dallas area most, east side, and checked out properties in Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Allen, Heath and similar areas, but in order to get more land and be further from neighbors, we kept heading east. Some thought Rockwall was rural enough, yet close to everything, while others preferred to head further from civilization.

There's a new hospital in McKinney.

Land in Collin County area is significantly more expensive than other areas in DFW but the are is nice, schools good, lots of golf and restaurants, etc. Basically, it's the place you want to be for everything but firearm related activities, which I assume is 99% of the time for most gun guys I know. You might even look north or north east of McKinney, even as far as [gag] Grayson County.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Very excited about the move! Wish you were on the Fort Worth side, say Mansfield/Burleson area, yeah....that would be greeeeeaaat. Lol

Seriously, if you need help running things while you get settled let me know, be glad to help out.

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I was hoping that you would move to FL.  I have a new caja china and was planning on doing a ARF lechon party....
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome to Texas. Let me know if you want a tour of the Tanks (tour from the car at 10 mph) at Fort Hood!

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#24]
SWFA is building a new store south of Dallas take  a look at that area also.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Best of luck Good choice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, I thought this was an April's Fools joke at first.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I just heard about it being official from another member.  If the location isn't completely set in stone, don't forget to look in the Mansfield, Burleson, and other areas South and West of Fort Worth.  How much land are you guys looking for?
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congrats on the move!

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You mean the pavers that we paid for but I certainly never got a picture of? Not being sarcastic just making sure I'm thinking the same thing.
BTW where in TX is the move going to be? I love this great state.

No- we mean the BFL pavers. Anything else will be relocated to TX. No store location yet, but most likely Dallas area when we do.

ahh, wasn't specified that's why I asked

too bad about Dallas, San Antonio is better because I'm here
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Too late to get you to move to Idaho?  Texas will be a blue state in 3 to 4 years.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#31]
have yall looked around the Leander area
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hopefully eventually... the idea of ARFCOM and LaRue perhaps someday doing something together is not just a good idea for a movie...

Ohhh, I'm diggin' THIS!!!

ARFCOM and Larue = TOO BIG TO FAIL!!!!

This could be Epic baby, simply Epic!

Ruckus

Link Posted: 4/2/2013 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Good luck guys. I'm looking at Denton county right now. Hopefully I'll be down there to help you guys move. I should be down there later this month to look at some places.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#34]
just want to thanks for staying and sticking out our fight in NEW YORK !!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#35]
This is great news.

Thinking of ways I might help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
just want to thanks for staying and sticking out our fight in NEW YORK !!!!!!!!!

This. Though I understand the move, as I would like to do the same, I feel at some point running is not the option. This would be that time.
Best of luck, we are all in this fight together.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#37]
The area around Justin/Ponder is real nice. A much slower pace than the east side of the metroplex.
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Denton area is really expensive for land. South is cheaper. 287 links with I45, I35,  HWY67, and goes to Ft Worth. SWFA has a site just out of Midlothian.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:20:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Just outta curiosity, did y'all look at the Houston area? And why DFW over Houston?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#40]
That part of Texas is pretty cool man. All the best with the move.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 3:08:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Best wishes on your move, guys!
Enforce the citadel of Freedom and the axis of New Republic!
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 5:36:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Good luck on the move! You guys should fit right in over there!

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Glad to see another progun group fleeing the cesspool called NY.  -- No disrespect to NY members intended-  But people can only take so much of that nonsense.  I'm not sure NY can recover from the latest infringements on constitutional principals.

I moved from the central NY area back in 2001 to San Antonio with only a couple of grand and my guns and clothes.  Best move I ever did however TX must be vigilant in preventing transplants from destroying Texas too.

Glad to see the move at AR15.com and you guys should have a great reception here.

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#45]

At this point I feel that 94-04 level bans are going to be a valid option for states as a bottom line taht the scotus will allow.
some states will ahve it, some won't.
vote with your feet.
you will not win in NY.

the best you can hope for is the previous ban with single feature AW's instead of 2-feature.
I don't see Scotus over ruling that.

demographics are overwhelmingly against you.
upstate is not seceding.

reality my friend.

from a former new yorker.

Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Though I understand the move, as I would like to do the same, I feel at some point running is not the option. This would be that time.
Best of luck, we are all in this fight together.

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Welcome to Texas!

I gotta ask if you guys considered Houston, too.  It's a great place to operate a business.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#47]
We have plenty of room in Katy. Welcome to Texas.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#48]
So when's the going away party at the current building?  I'm in the area all the time, just never sure if I should just drop in or not...
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm looking forward to being able to make a road trip to the new headquarters.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'm looking forward to being able to make a road trip to the new headquarters.

Going from a 15 minute drive from home to a day-and-a-half road trip for me.  

But, the move is well understood.  I'd buy the building if I had the cash buried... in... my...  brb.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top