Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:38:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I received a very generous reply, yesterday, from New York State Senator Kathleen A. Marchione (see my 1/19/2013 Post, above). The following are excerpts:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail expressing support for the Second Amendment and protecting the Constitutional Rights of all law-abiding gun owners. I was glad to hear from you on this important issue and I value your opinion. I want to let you you know how much I appreciate your patience in hearing back from me directly on this critical issue. . . . Let me begin by assuring you of my continued, strong support for the Second Amendment. I believe that our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms truly is America's first freedom and must be preserved and protected. . . .More gun control laws are not the answer to stopping violent crime. Instead of enacting more laws that needlessly curtail the Constitutional rights of gun owners, the focus should be on stopping dangerous criminals who use a firearm --- usually obtained illegally --- in the commission of a crime. Criminals are the problem, NOT lawful gun owners! . . . I do support legislation that would significantly increase penalties on dangerous criminals who use guns. We need to send a clear message to all criminals: commit a crime with a firearm, and you will go to jail for a very long time. . . . In addition, I believe that we need to seriously and carefully examine the issue of mental health to ensure that firearms do not fall into the hands of individuals who are seriously ill and pose a clear and present danger to themselves or others. . . . I believe we need to repeal and replace parts of the new gun control legislation and keep the sections pertaining to increased penalties on criminals, use of illegal guns, securing our schools and addressing the seriously mentally ill. I am currently  working on legislation to accomplish these goals. However, I cannot do it alone. I need your help. I am asking Second Amendment supporters like you to continue standing strong and to stand with me. I launched an on-line legislative petition on my Senate page to build public support for repealing and replacing the restrictive new gun control. . . . If you have not yet had an opportunity to do so, please go to our petition TODAY and add your name. If you have already signed our petition, THANK YOU! Please encourage your family, friends and anyone else who supports the Second Amendment to do so. . . . The more signatures our petition receives, the better our chances of seeing real change happen. I will personally deliver these petitions to Governor Cuomo and the Legislative Leaders. I realize many are disappointed that the restrictive and unconstitutional new gun control law was enacted. However, now is not the time to be dispirited or sit on the sidelines. Now is the time for every gun owner, hunter, sportsman and supporter of the Second Amendment to be heard! Again, thank you for sharing your views and for reading my response. Please continue to stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Kathleen A. Marchione"
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Till we use the Oath of the Constitution and regard it as our standard given by God we will continue to be beaten down by the elites.
When we believe the Constitution is our guarantee of safety against the Tyrannical government, be it the police, sheriff, state law enforcement, federal law enforcement, UN, EPA, Coast Guard, Army, Marine Corp, Navy, Air Force that are there to serve and protect, then we should let them know by no means will We the people take any crap from any of them that is not Constitutional. And I don't mean what the Osama administration has made it out to be. I mean he is no less a NAZI as the hitler "name is lower case since he was a slummer" regime was. He is a useless thief in this American Republic and should not only be impeached but he should be dethroned. By his ears would be too easy. WE THE PEOPLE! That is us. WE have the power granted by the Constitution. We should never allow a LEO to treat us less than we treat them. That said, they better be aware that Constitutionally they have NO power of arrest just because we carry self protection against their violent actions against We The  People. When they come for us people mentioned in the Constitution with ferocity and endangerment without cause, they don't have that power. We however do have the power to level our protective devices onto them and by law are if we feel for our lives have the right to quell them. I'm not against the LEO, don't get me wrong. But get your facts screwed on right before you fall. We The People have had it up the here with the forceful antics of the POWERFUL so joyous LEO with the knee in the back and the cuffs wrapped tight with no reason for the search or seizure.
People please study the Constitution. It was granted for you, and if you don't know what your rights are you have no defense. The gov. must bow to the people. They have no checks or balances right now and we should hold them in check. My rant, whats yours.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 3:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Today's reply to Congressman Paul Gosar's January 28 letter on the Second Amendment:

"Dear Congressman Gosar:

Thank you for your very generous letter of January 28, 2013.

I've read the Congressman's January 16, 2012 Press Release, "Representative Gosar Responds To President Obama's Unconstitutional Gun Grab," as well as his January 17, 2013 letter to Remington Arms Company CEO, George Kolitides, officially inviting Mr. Kolitides to Arizona for purposes of relocating, in view of New York State's stringent gun control legislation. Unfortunately, it would appear that DPMS Panther Arms, located in St. Cloud, Minnesota, is facing similar consequences, if that state's stringent ban goes into effect ("St. Cloud gunmaker's  future rests on ban" --- St. Cloud Times, February 7, 2013). And, coincidently, "279 Sheriffs and 8 State Sheriffs Associations Saying 'No' to Obama Gun Control" --- Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA), February 1, 2013.

I find the Congressman's strong position on our cherished Second Amendment Rights assuring, particularly, during this crucial period of America's history, wherein, "the Great Divide," in todayspeak, refers to the sharp political division of our country's  Red States vs Blue States. Accordingly, I'm prompted to share my concerns.

The National Prayer Breakfast, this past week, offered a refreshing viewpoint on "Political Correctness," by a decorated, highly respected member of our Society, Dr. Benjamin Carson --- standing within a few feet of President Obama, sitting. Among other issues addressed, directly, and in a no-nonsense manner, Dr. Carson took the opportunity to express his utter disdain for "Political Correctness," stating that it is "a horrible thing" and is "dangerous." And, that it muzzles our founding principles of freedom of thought, freedom of speech and freedom of expression --- while, exacerbating the failed programs common in high-crime areas.

Indeed, the mainstream media never refers to the cause of a drunk-driving death (9,878, in 2011), as "motor vehicle violence." Americans, not to mention Mothers Against Drunk Driving, wouldn't have it --- they just want "drunk drivers" off the road! Yet, the mainstream media has no qualms about referring to a homicide committed by a person using a firearm (8,583, in 2011), as "gun violence." Recent case-in-point: CNN, 2/10/2013, "Michelle Obama attends funeral of teenage Chicago gun violence victim." Society owes Hadiya Pendleton, Malala Yousafzai, and countless other innocent victims of gang/political-related unrest, in today's troubled world, the truth --- unadulterated by "Political Correctness." Unfortunately, you won't see CNN airing the hard facts detailed in "Murder in America - WSJ.com." It doesn't fit their PC doctrine.

On related matters:

Vice President Joe Biden, during a talk to House Democrats in Lansdowne, Virginia, last week, stated, "It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.";
"Obama Poised to Skirt Congress to Seal Legacy in New Term Agenda" --- Bloomberg.com, today.

Upon reviewing "RMS Titanic - Investigations into the disaster," one can't help but note the striking parallels.

Thank you for your diligence in these matters of extreme concern to all Americans.

Respectfully,"  

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Referencing the February 14, 2013 FoxNews.com Report, "Illinois Dem faces opposition from own party for gun-rights views," I today sent the following Message to former Illinois Representative Debbie Halvorson:

"Dear Representative Halvorson:

I empathize with the Representative and her supporters.

If a state represented a classic case, where stringent gun control laws fail to curb  rampant criminal acts --- including murder --- against its law-abiding Citizens, it would be Illinois. Indeed, the murder suspect in the Hadiya Pendleton murder would not have been "loose on the streets," if Illinois had strict laws, which kept criminals behind bars --- according  to the Chicago Police Superintendent. And, until the Illinois Legislature comes to recognize and address the underlying sociological problems, which invaribly are the root cause of crime in your area, long-needed change from the present deplorable situation will not be forthcoming.

I commend the Representative for her strong, unwavering stance on Second Amendment Rights, in the face of adversity. And, I wish her well in the February 26 election for Congressperson for the 2nd Congressional District of Illinois.

Respectfully,"
Link Posted: 2/18/2013 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Sent the following letter to The Honorable John Shimkus, Congressman, yesterday:

"Dear Congressman Shimkus:

I'm comfortable addressing this letter of extreme concern to the distinguished Congressman Representing the 15th District of Illinois, because he has demonstrated a strong, no-nonsense stance against those who would threaten to undermine America's Second Amendment Rights.

Scrolling down the Google News titles of some 200 articles relating to President Obama's February 15 visit to Chicago, many including the mainstream media's favorite euphemism for the conscious act of murder committed by a person(s) using a firearm: 'Gun Violence,' I found it telling that only a few addressed the known common denominator of these heinous crimes against humanity: organized street gangs.

What about the gangs, Mr. President?, By former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich --- "More than 500 people were murdered in Chicago last year, more than any other city in the nation --- and more than the number of coalition trrops killed in Afghanistan, in 2012. . . . The President will imply that his proposed ban on 'military-style' weapons, along with expanded background checks, will help curb the violence, here, in the murder capital of the United States. But, so far Obama has scarcely mentioned the one factor that lies behind Hadiya's murder and behind  most  of the killings in Chicago, last year: gangs. Although the president does not acknowledge the gangs' role as a major  cause  of the epicemic of violence, the FBI does. The FBI estimated in 2011 that there are roughly  1.4 million active gang members in the U.S., an astonishing 40 peercent increase from 2009. . . . Chicago police estimate that roughly 80 percent of homicides in the city are gang-related. There are about 100,000 gang members here. . . .The FBI reports that 'typically, firearms are acquired through illegal purchases: straw purchases via surrogates or middle men, and thefts from individuals, vehicles, residences and commercial establishments.' Gangs do not bother to buy guns legally from dealers who do background checks. . . . Newark, N.J., Mayor Cory Booker recently said that he had reviewed the 'hundreds and hundreds' of firearm homicides in his city, since he became mayor, and found only one in which the gun used was acquired legally. . . . The fact is: all these laws will do is make it more difficult for the law-abiding to protect themselves, while doing virtually nothing to slow the violence that is ravaging places like Chicago."

President Obama on Urban Butchery: All Talk, No Action , By retired Chicago Police Officer, Peter Bella, WashingtonTimes.com --- "Politicians of all stripes should declare an all-out war against organized street gangs and the drug trafficers who are committing murder and mayhem in our cities. . . . These urban terrorists are the enemy, within. . . . This is not an ideological issue. It is not a political party issue. It is not about guns, the NRA, or Second Amendment. Hadiya Pendleton and all the others who lost their lives to gang violence were killed by inertia. Their murders were allowed, enabled and permitted. . . . The problem of urban violence is not an intellectual exercise or a debate on social issues. It is a crime problem, with real solutions. The strategy and tactics to fight organized street gangs and drug trafficers are in place."

Black teens say Obama isn't the answer to violence in Chicago, By Dahleen Glanton, Chicago Tribune --- "The teens said Obama can have little effect on gangs. 'They're not going to give up their guns. They're not going to even listen to Obama. . . . Some of them don't have a father in their lives, so why would they listen to the president, a man who's not in their lives, either?' Obama's proposals to strengthen gun laws would have little, if any, effect on the illegal guns on the street. 'Someone will just give you a gun, if they've just killed someone, because they want to get rid of it.' . . . There is a disconnect  between their lives and the president's, though he hails from the South Side, they explained. Coming to Chicago is just 'publicity' for the president. . . . A lot of people feel hopeless. 'If you don't care about me, why should I care about you?' So they get in a gang, because thery have so much despair. It's easier to fall off the right path, than to stay on it, they said."

Obama Reflects on Absent Father in Gun Violence Appeal, By Devin Dwyer, ABC News --- "Obama said absent fathers, particularly in the African-American community, and broken marriages are one of the contributing factors in cases of youth poverty, violence and crime. He said one of the solutions is strengthening parental role models. 'There's no more important ingredient for success, nothing that would me more important tor us in reducing violence, than strong, stable families, which means we should do more to promote marriage and encourage fatherhood.' And, re his own life, 'I wish I had had a father who was around and involved.'"

Obama Failed to Notice the Biggest Common Denominator in Hadiya's Death, By Steve Stanek, Heartland.org --- "I've been a gun owner most of my life, and I've never seen 'gun violence,' or even the threat of 'gun violence'. I use quotes around the term, because I reject it. I reject it because I've never seen a gun pick itself up and shoot. . . . Most of the murders in Chicago are committed by gang members. This is true in most cities plagued by violence. Once in a while I hear lip service given to the need for gang control. The true enthusiasm is for gun control, always gun control. I live in suburban Chicago, in a county where there are at leasrt 14 stores that sell guns, ammo, or both. There are also at least three public shooting ranges, two private  shooting ranges, and two hunt clubs. There are no gun stores, shooting ranges or hunt clubs, in Chicago. There were more than 500 murders in Chicago, in 2012, with 435 of them involving firearms. There were no firearms-related murders in my county, in January, and there were none, in all of 2012. If guns are causing Chicago's violence, why do we go multiple years, at a time, with no firearms-related murders in my county? People are right to be angry and indignant about Chicago's climbing murder rate, but wrong to believe the city has a gun problem. Chicago has a contempt for life problem. . . .No law can fix that."

I thank the Congressman for his consideration in this matter of concern.

Respectfully,"

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I today E-mailed the following Message to The Honorable John W. Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado:

RE: Colorado House Bill 1224

Dear Governor Hickenlooper:

A former resident of Colorado --- and high country trekker, I'm writing the Governor to express my deep concerns re the direction the Colorado Legislature is taking in response to the Aurora Century 16 theater shooting. Simply put: it fails to address a major underlying cause, mental illness, as well as a failed policy, gun-free zones.

Security Guard Who Stopped Shooter Credits God - CNN.com Report on the New Life Church shooting in Colorado Springs, December 10, 2007. "'I saw him coming through the doors. I took cover, and I waited for him to get closer, and I came out of cover and identified myself, and engaged him, and took him down. And, that's pretty much it,' Jeanne Assam told reporters on Monday. But a man who served at the center with Murray [Matthew Murray, the gunman] told CNN Monday that Murray was kicked out of the mission program, for strange behavior. . . . The source said Murray sent antagonistic and threatening correspondence, afterward."

James Holmes' Psychiatrist Contacted University Police Weeks Before Movie-Theater Shooting - ABC News Report of the Century 16 Movie Theater shooting in Aurora, August 6.2012. "The psychiatrist who treated suspected movie-theater shooter James Holmes made contact with a University of Colorado police officer to express concerns about her patient's behavior, several weeks before Holmes' alleged rampage, sources told ABC News. . . . Under Colorado law, a psychiatrist can legally breach a pledge of confidentiality with a patient, if he or she becomes  aware of a serious and imminent threat that their patient might cause harm to others."

Batman Shooter James Holmes: This Massacre Should Never Have Happened, and Here is Why, By Jordan Wolf, July 20, 2012. ". . . but Colorado is not one of the 10 states that has so far mandated the submission of their state non-criminal mental heath records to the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) database."

Governor Hickenlooper, "The End of Camelot" is now long passed. "Gun-Free Zones," so-called, have proven to be nothing more than a grand illusion of a safe place. As such, they should be banned.

Lastly, thank God for the Jeanne Assams's of our free Society!

Respectfully,
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Referencing the March 26, 2013 FoxNews.com Report By Kara Rowland, GOP Senators threaten to filibuster gun control legislation after Reid vows to forge ahead, I today E-mailed the following Message to U.S. Senators Rand Paul, Mike Lee and Ted Cruz:

"Dear Senator Paul, Senator Lee, Senator Cruz:

America's responsible, law-abiding Citizens --- and a growing list of Sheriffs (381) and State Sheriffs Associations (15) saying 'NO' to Obama Gun Control --- fully support the Senators' strong letter of intent addressed to Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, opposing any legislation that would infringe on our Constitutional right to bear arms, or on our ability to exercise this right without being subjected to government surveillance.

Thank you, all.

Respectfully,"
Link Posted: 3/29/2013 3:13:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Referencing the Press Release on the Senator's Home Page, Rubio Stands Against Efforts To Infringe On Second Amendment, I today E-mailed the following Message to U.S. Senator Marco Rubio:

"Re the Senator's statement, 'We should look for ways to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill prone to misusing them, but I oppose legislation that will be used as a vehicle to impose new Second Amendment restrictions on responsible, law-abiding gun owners. We should work to reduce tragic acts of violence by addressing violence at its source, including untreated mental illness, the lack of adequate information-sharing on mental health issues, and the breakdown of the family.'

I applaud the Senator for standing up against those who would undermine our Constitutional Rights in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy, under the guise of 'common sense' legislation. It should be noted, here, that the same head-in-the-sand mentality that has crippled America with The Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 --- and prevented a good guy/gal with a gun from stopping a madmen intent on mass murder --- now wants to mask the underlying causes of such dispicable crimes against humanity, and, if unwittingly, perpetuate the diary of a madman. The future of our Republic demands that we stop their assault, a veiled attempt to throw our Second Amendment under the bus. Thank you.

Respectfully,"
Link Posted: 4/2/2013 2:44:45 AM EDT
[#9]
The following E-mail reply was received from The Honorable Rand Paul, U.S. Senator from Kentucky, yesterday:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding gun control. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this issue.

In the wake of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., there has been substantial  debate about gun control. I hope we can learn more about what warning signs were missed and how we can better prevent tragedies like this from occurring in the future. However, I do not believe we should rush to enact reactionary legislation curtailing anyone's rights. No amount of gun control will be able to prevent mentally disturbed individuals from committing despicable acts of violence. High-risk individuals will still be able to acquire firearms and other lethal weapons, even with an increase in prevention.

In order to combat calls for overly restrictive executive actions on gun control, I introduced the Separation of Powers Restoration and Second Amendment Protection Act of 2013 (S.82). My bill states that any executive action taken by the President that impedes upon the legislative authority granted to Congress in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution does not have the force of law. It would prohibit the use of funds for enforcement of any such executive action. Finally, it would establish that Members of congress have standing to legally challenge any executive action that violates Article 1, Section 8, or the Second Amendment to the Constitution. It would also clarify that any individual, whose liberty or property rights are adversely affected, or any state or local government whose authority is infringed upon by an executive action may challenge its validity in court.

S. 82 has been placed on the Senate Legislative Calendar, and awaits further action. Please be assured I will oppose any legislation or executive action that unduly infringes upon our constitutional rights, and that I will continue fighting to defend the proper role of government, as outlined by the Constitution.

Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in the future. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,

Rand Paul, MD
United States Senator"
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I today E-mailed the following Message to The Honorable Mitch McConnell, U.S. Senator:

"RE: Senate Debate on Firearms Legislation

Dear Senator McConnell:

As the Senate debates firearms legislation, in the wake of the tragedies at the Century 16 Movie Theater, in Aurora, Colorado, and the Sandy Hook Elementary School, In Newtown, Connecticut, it's important to break through the thick cloud of understandable emotion surrounding the debate, and note that which the liberal-biased mainstream media is loathe to admit: responsible, law-abiding armed Citizens daily thwart those in our Society, who have no intention of respecting our laws, from carrying-out their vile schemes against humanity. Indeed, as has been investigated and proven, the perpetrators in the Aurora, CO and Newtown, CT murders were not deterred by laws/signs warning of a gun-free zone, rather, they were encouraged by them. Unfortunately, those obeying the laws/signs were prevented from being armed and stopping these heinous crimes.

Let our proud America not descend to the depths of despair, as depicted this week in a widely-viewed video of a Chicago Logan Square Gifts & Fashion Shop owner wielding a bat against a robber wielding, shooting a gun. In Chicago, it's against the law for a business owner to protect his business with a handgun. Obviously, the perpetrator was not deterred by any law, but encouraged by it!

Respectfully,"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top