Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
damn late again - how much is it? i don't see a price?
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

click on the red stuff

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

click on the red stuff  

I didn't see the price and I clicked on the red stuff

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#4]
When your rifle costs more than a KAC rifle of similar specs, you know it's overpriced.  KAC has always been high and this is higher

Not to mention a brake on a tactical rifle. Your team mates would love the permanent hearing loss.

Then there is the setup pictured where his hand is appearing to obscure his IR setup?

Looks cool...but I fear this has crossed the line into tacticool.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]

if i didn't have to pay for braces for the ten year old, that bitch would be mine

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats on selling all 125 in less than 24 hours...  Very nice and well thought out rifle.  It is expensive but sometimes you actually get what you pay for...
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
That thing is awesome.  I guessed high on the price - it's cheaper then I thought.  I would buy one if I didn't already have a Noveske configured almost identically.  That, and they are already sold out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Man I so want one
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats on selling all 125 in less than 24 hours...  Very nice and well thought out rifle.  It is expensive but sometimes you actually get what you pay for...

Sometimes... Not this time.. But sometimes.

What does this one do that my 1000$ daniel defense doesn't???
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh, if I had the money...

This.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
and if you had a business out of state you might decide its easier to not deal with CA sales - if you are so unhappy about the situation run for office and change the laws.

Nah, I'll just continue not to patronize those people. Thanks for the free advice though.  

Lucky for you Mark is a hoop jumper with a flexible spine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and if you had a business out of state you might decide its easier to not deal with CA sales - if you are so unhappy about the situation run for office and change the laws.

Nah, I'll just continue not to patronize those people. Thanks for the free advice though.  

Jeez, you don't know how easy it is to make a AR CA compliant. A bullet Button mag catch is easier to install than a standard one is and swap the mags for 10 round ones. NY, NJ, Massachusetts, and Connecticut all take more work than California to make a AR compliant to State laws. Then Colt and S&W along with many others make CA compliant models now. Since your State doesn't allow SBRs and LaRue Tactical makes SBRs, maybe he should not sell any Rifles to people in your State too.  California is one of the biggest markets in the USA.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can believe whatever makes you happy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

click on the red stuff  

I didn't see the price and I clicked on the red stuff  

The page has changed. First time I clicked it showed the price.

Link Posted: 7/26/2012 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice, one day

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:34:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone know if in later versions will have options to muzzle devices? My Gemtech doesnt mount well with Surefire muzzle brakes. But does mount well to a Vortex FS.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Highly overpriced for the tacticool crowd at the range.
Pass.
Also they could of at least anodized it in FDE.
That's uncommon, nothing special about KG.

Quoted:

A fool and his money are quickly parted.
In this case it was 125 fools in 24 hours.

But seriously though, they could of branded a tacticool turd with Costa's emblem and sold it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#18]
They sold out in less than 24 hours.  They should have charged more for it.  

It's one thing to say that you don't have the money to purchase it, or you have the money but don't want it.  But to say that anyone that buys one is a fool, is total BS.

The haters should go "occupy" some other thread.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They sold out in less than 24 hours.  They should have charged more for it.  

It's one thing to say that you don't have the money to purchase it, or you have the money but don't want it.  But to say that anyone that buys one is a fool, is total BS.

The haters should go "occupy" some other thread.

Ouch, hurt by opinions much?

I think it's foolish to pay so much for so little.
There are better options out there for the price.
You're overpaying for branding, and nothing more.
That's just me though.
Hence why I passed.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Hello everyone.  Does anyone know who might have the Costa Edition number 125?  I'm asking because ODA 125 was my Special Forces Team in Okinawa and I'd like to trade my current serial number rifle; 120, for number 125 for nostalgia sake.

I'm deploying to Afghanistan tomorrow and if anyone can help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

Have a good one and thanks in advance for your assistance.

V/r, R.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hello everyone.  Does anyone know who might have the Costa Edition number 125?  I'm asking because ODA 125 was my Special Forces Team in Okinawa and I'd like to trade my current serial number rifle; 120, for number 125 for nostalgia sake.

I'm deploying to Afghanistan tomorrow and if anyone can help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

Have a good one and thanks in advance for your assistance.

V/r, R.

How do you know what serial number you have?  I called to ask if I could have a particular number (20) and they said no.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pass.

Quoted:

But seriously though, they could of branded a tacticool turd with Costa's emblem and sold it.

Sounds like you are jealous that some people can afford this rifle, So you start calling people names to make yourself feel better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#23]
are the remaining 375 the same spec other than limited numbers?? decrease in pricing or same?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pass.

Quoted:

Sounds like you are jealous that some people can afford this rifle, So you start calling people names to make yourself feel better.

Yep, just because I can't afford a 2013 Boss 302, I won't call those who can names. I'll just be satisfied with my '11 Mustang Convertible.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

are the remaining 375 the same spec other than limited numbers?? decrease in pricing or same?
The Costa-Edition Numbered Rifles is limited to 500, all the same specs/price. This was just the first ones ready to be released.

There may be more unnumbered C-E Rifles, that isn't clear yet.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm in more of a DPMS price range with my current salary

Maybe Costa will do some sort of Willy Wonka/Charlie Bucket give away for my sad, poor ass.

you lucky prick.
I'm more of a "look at magazines" level ( including that Recoil story on this rifle ) right now, courtesy of a fried HVAC system and a dead dishwasher in a two-week period.
that was a fast $7k...
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#27]
It looks really cool, but I cannot see ever paying $2,800.00 on an AR-15.

Diminishing returns like a mo'fo'.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#28]
That is a sweet rifle. Apparently, they're not too much money if they're selling. All the fun stuff is wasted on the rich...
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That is a sweet rifle. Apparently, they're not too much money if they're selling. All the fun stuff is wasted on the rich...

I'm far from Rich and wasn't able to get in on this batch, but I will get one and when I'm gone my Daughter will have a couple of real nice Rifles too. My Son may get the quantity, but my Daughter will get the quality.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Man that's a sweet gun. I would love to carry one of those in duty. But with that price for that rifle, it'd be too expensive to shoot someone with it because the courts would have it in evidence through the appeals. I don't think many people think about that outcome if they ever have to use their expensive ARs in a deadly force issue. Granted its cool and some may say you can't put a price on your safety, but my frankemforgery will get me through and not leave a gaping wound in my pocket if I had to use this for self defense. I do think it is an awesome gun. Just not cost effective in my opinion. Now only if I were doing PMC work....
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pass.

Quoted:

Yep, just because I can't afford a 2013 Boss 302, I won't call those who can names. I'll just be satisfied with my '11 Mustang Convertible.

Your assumptions are both juvenile and entertaining.
It's not a matter of being able to afford it or not.
As I said before, for what you're paying you're not getting much aside from the branding.

The 302 is actually a good buy comparing other similar vehicles in the market, unlike this rifle.

The difference between a 2011 Mustang GT Convertible and a 302 is night and day.
The difference between the OBR and the Costa OBR is marginal -

I think it's foolish to pay a premium for branding.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pass.

Quoted:

As I said before, for what you're paying you're not getting much aside from the branding.

The 302 is actually a good buy comparing other similar vehicles in the market, unlike this rifle.

Glass houses, pot/kettle, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pass.

Quoted:

The difference between a 2011 Mustang GT Convertible and a 302 is night and day.

My '11 'Vert isn't even a GT, the new V6 is faster than the '85 5.0 hardtop we had at one point and what my late wife wanted was a 'vert. <insert a picture of a gold colored box> for those that want pics of wife. The $25k up price of a Boss 302 over a base GT, when you add dealer mark up even more, you could build one better than stock with the after market parts out there. The Boss 302 is a stripped hot rod car, start with a base GT hardtop and you can do more for less money. But it would never be a Boss 302.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pass.

Quoted:

What type of shoes to you wear ?
Do you wear off brand shoes or name brand shoes?
(If your answer is name brand, why are you being foolish and paying a premium for branding?)

I'm also guessing all the parts on your AR are not name brand, because if they are, you are just being foolish and paying a premium for branding.

I still don't get what you gain by coming to this thread just to call people "fools" because they chose to spend THEIR MONEY on something they want, The only one acting like a  juvenile in this thread is you.

Link Posted: 7/28/2012 6:19:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Costa =

I just want plain one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone know what company/ what type of laser is on this rifle posted in the picture?
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pass.

Quoted:

(If your answer is name brand, why are you being foolish and paying a premium for branding?)

I'm also guessing all the parts on your AR are not name brand, because if they are, you are just being foolish and paying a premium for branding.

I still don't get what you gain by coming to this thread just to call people "fools" because they chose to spend THEIR MONEY on something they want, The only one acting like a  juvenile in this thread is you.

Thank you brother. Well said.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just was rereading this and I missed this part before. This just goes to show even more you don't know what you're talking about.

The Costa-Edition PredatOBR is a version of the PredatAR chassis with a OBR barrel and there are other differences that you don't recognize.

Now if you had said the difference between a standard PredatOBR and a Costa-Edition PredatOBR were marginal you would have been closer to the truth.

Even then there are things included on the C-E version that are not standard on the regular tOBR. If you wanted those extras, it would cost more to add them to a standard tOBR.

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pass.

Quoted:

I personally think your crazy to spend that much on a car that has highly
Iimited cargo space, and limited rear seat space. I mean not for nothing but the mustang does nothing better than a Kia.

You choose to buy a sports car for fun, and to use as a tool to get you around. It does nothing more than move your ass from one place to another.

Stop shitting on us who have bought the equivalent of a sports car of a rifle and move on please.

And considering a little over 68000 mustangs were sold in 2011, as far as I am concerned thse owners are part of a much larger group of fools.

But hey, it's your money...and i sure do like seeing people enjoying thier mustangs while going down the highway!  Its not my place to judge where their money for enjoyment goes.

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Can we get it without the cost logo?
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Guess we get to look at this in the "Monthly Calendar" for the next year.
Link Posted: 8/16/2012 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Wow, I can buy 2 duty Colt rifles for that price...

Thanks, but no thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#43]
What's this?  The cost-ya edition?
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#44]
So much butt hurt....
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What's this?  The cost-ya edition?
You got that right.

Link Posted: 8/31/2012 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone know where one could locate one of the Costa Edition rifles? I am looking- cant seem to find. I know they are listed on laruetactical.com as release date TBD.
Thanks for your help!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2012 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#47]
How long till you make moarrrr please??????
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#48]
+1 ^^^
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Pass.

Quoted:

hey, might as well spend it before obama "distributes" it lol  
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#50]
very rad!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top