Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2011 8:28:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there a link for information or sign up?
Link Posted: 8/23/2011 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
See y'all there, can't wait, gonna be a great weekend!
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 1:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
This deployment is really getting in the way of shooting stuff!
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll also be there!
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 6:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#7]
It's awesome that the event made it to the front page and I'm looking forward to buying one of those shirts - they look intense!

Site sponsor and match sponsor Spike's Tactical will have representatives and two shooters in attendance. Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube page to catch video from the match after we wrap it up later this week:
The Spike's Tactical Shooting Team on Youtube
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#8]
i think chris cerino is down there now..
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Added the event logo shirts for anyone interested, although you wont get it until after the event at this point.

Edward and I will be wearing ARFCOM shirts, so keep an eye out for them!

I'll be at the event tomorrow Friday morning.  Will the ARFCOM shirts be available there?

EDIT:  Fail...  I thought today was THURSDAY!

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Added the event logo shirts for anyone interested, although you wont get it until after the event at this point.

Edward and I will be wearing ARFCOM shirts, so keep an eye out for them!

I'll be at the event tomorrow morning.  Will the ARFCOM shirts be available there?

There will be shirts available at the event. I can't say if they are exactly the same, but they should be damn close.

That's good enough for me.

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Looking forward to updates and videos.

Good luck to all of our AR15.com shooters!

Link Posted: 8/24/2011 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#13]
My brother and I will be there starting tomorrow. Look forward to potentially meeting some of you fellas there!
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#14]
The wife & I will be spectators on Friday.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be there. I'll be the goodlooking guy in the black LaRue hat..................

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Headed out to the airport in 90 minutes. Got my bag packed:

I feel like I should bring some clothes or something... nah.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Kitties with Sigs and I will be there tomorrow afternoon and Saturday, too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I wish I could compete in this.  Even though I would suck, it looks like the most fun I can think of.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:58:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Is this going to be the picture/video thread?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Just thought of a question do you just show up to observe Is there an admission fee for people that just want to attend will pay just curious.
Don't wana drive all the way there to find out I had to register to be there
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Headed out to the airport in 90 minutes. Got my bag packed:

http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/~k/guns/case.jpg

I feel like I should bring some clothes or something... nah.

Those unconscionable bastards at the TSA took my oil can. They said "You can't fly with that!" so I said "Bummer.. ok, toss it in the trash." "No, we have to report this."

They actually put a label on it and recorded it in a log.

At the end of the year when the TSA makes the montage of shit they confiscated from would-be "terrorists" and saved the day, expect to see my can of rem oil.

Also they didn't find the bottle in the VFG on the AR.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I am here here at the Best Western and shooting at 9 stage 5  I kick hippies shirt

I met the leader of our site my life is now complete
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish I could be there to see those guns a'blazin !
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I LOVE this 3 gun competition!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a lot of fun today!
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 2:06:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks Mark and the entire LaRue crew. It was a pleasure getting to meet you and a honor to meet and shoot with Dakota.

Thanks for letting us shoot your guns and ammo.

Thanks again for feeding us. That was some of the best brisket I have ever consumed.

The side match in the cave was an unreal experience. For $5 per run (they supplied the gun and ammo) you get to try your skill in a very disconcerting and unfamiliar environment. IT WAS GREAT.
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread is worthless without pics and videos.

Link Posted: 8/27/2011 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hello
Andrew Dreher is posting lots of pics on our Facebook page.   Looks like a great event.  I really wish I could have made it there too

Scott Samson

Scott - I got one of your rails in the prize drawing tonight. Thanks!!

And the prize drawing - Thanks to everyone involved!
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Excellent event.. Kudos to all involved in putting this on. Hope beyond hope that this becomes an annual event here in Kentucky. Goatboy, thanks for rmembering Campy Bob.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#34]
My friends and I came up this morning to do some spectating.

We didn't get up there til 10:30 cause somebody wanted to stop for breakfast.

We checked out the vendors and the prize tables. Very much impressed.

Didn't get to see much shootin' and we missed meeting the Avila's.

Got to meet and have pics taken with S&W pro shooters Jerry Miculek and Julie Golob.

Got to meet gunsmith Benny Hill of Triangle Shooting Sports. He had some his works of art pistols on display to handle.

All in all we had a fun time while there. Next year we're coming up earlier on Sat.
Link Posted: 8/28/2011 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#35]
We drove up from NC to watch and shoot the OBR.  Thanks to the LaRue team for the great brisket.  The OBR was a great shooter.  Hit 2 out of 5 at 1000 yrds.  It was the first time I have shot past 300 yrds.  We had such a great time we stayed for the second day.  This has hooked me on three gun.  Saw great friends and meet many new ones.

Thanks to all the sponsors
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll post a little bit of video in a day or two, but we shot very little being busy all day, every day. 3 Gun Nation and Shooting USA were here shooting the event, so look for those on TV. If you aren't watching those shows you should be!

It was an honor to be here with everyone and to see the excitement and smiles on everyone's faces. I want to again take a moment to thank everyone involved, starting with Joe Debergalis (DirectAction), Jeff Cramblit, the entire Rockcastle staff (especially the Noble Family!), Linda Chico, all those who helped on the range and made each stage run smooth, all of the wonderful sponsors (who provided the big grins on people's faces Saturday night), and of course each and every one of you who participated in this event and made it a wonderful experience and made me want to participate at your side. I can't say enough about how the community of firearm owners and shooters impresses me each and every day. It is an honor to be able to help provide you with events like this and I know we can improve on things next year and hope to see more of you here!

I want to also extend a VERY special thank you to Mark LaRue and the LaRue Tactical staff who were here feeding everyone and letting them shoot at 1000 yards with only a thank you in return.

Please make sure to show all the sponsor's your appreciation with a thank you and an order! We want these guys to know how much their support means to these events and ensure they continue to help make them amazing!

Expect next year's event around the same time and be ready to mobilize for a rumored national event of extreme epicness!!! More information on that in the coming weeks along with dates. (We are looking at Spring 2012 at this time for those who need a rough date now!)

I got to see Dakota bust one of those 1,000 yard LaRue targets offhand, plus he hit it several more times offhand ... and went one stretch on those 1,000 yarders 8 times in a row prone ...  

I seed it with me own eyes

Mr. LaRue,

I was in the next tent over shooting when that first offhand shot happened.  I really think that was mine...  (I was so far off I don't think the spotter new where I hit)

All seriousness aside, I would like to say thank you, to you and your team for your generosity.  And last but not least, the wraps were, um, great!!  They reminded me of the time I used to live in Texas.

A big thank you to AR15.COM and all other sponsors as well.  Such a huge event to take place in my home state, is what I will call epic.  I Will be there for the next one.

Link Posted: 8/29/2011 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks to AR15.com along with all the other sponsors and individuals
that helped make this match happen.  All the industry support of this
match was great.

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Now with a new first person shooting perspective.

Link Posted: 8/30/2011 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#40]
A huge thank you to AR15.COM, the NRA Life of Duty Program, Brownells, Hornady, my big brother Joe D., and Nick, Nate, and Jeff at Rockcastle!!!!!

Another huge thanks to all of the side match sponsors such as Benelli, Surefire, Crimson Trace, Federal Premium Ammunition!

And one more gigantic thank you to all of the shooters and spectators that came out for the weekend and helped make it possible for the Task Force Dagger Foundation to benefit from such a great event, truly was one of the best weekends I have had in a loooong time!  It was great to get out and meet a bunch of fellow arfcommers and all of the other great people that were on hand to witness the best 3-Gun match ever ran.......until next year!  

Had an absolute blast, from the LaRue Demo to "spelunking" with a pistol!  And that LaRue brisket was......

- I believe my face looked something like this during the check presentation!

- I also think my face was somewhat along these lines when I saw this on Saturday for the amateur prize table!!!!

{{{THIS PICTURE DOES NOT DO JUSTICE TO THE AMAZING TABLE THAT THE SPONSORS PRODUCED}}}
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Made it out on Sunday and had a great time. I had wanted to be there on Sat. but had some other plans. The next time this comes to Ky. (and I really hope there is a next time!!) I'll definitely be there.

BK
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#42]
i was with the loki guys thanks to all the other sponsors and it was nice meeting you all
                                                                                                                        john
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#43]
GLAD everyone had a great time, it was the most smiles and the most helpful understanding group I have ever seen at a major 3 gun. It was truly EPIC, thanks to all you know who you are, that made it come together

The combined prize table has never been rivaled by any 3 gun event, thanks to all our sponsors, now if I can just get TNVC to come up with some NV we could really have fun, just kidding, I have to sleep sometime

Thanks all, see you at the range

Jeff Cramblit
Match Director 2011 Ar15.COM/ Rockcastle 3 Gun Pro AM presented by Brownell's, Sinclair Int'l, PoliceStore.com and Hornady and sponsored by the industry and shooters from across the country (my friends)
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#45]
i was sitting at the booth most of the time i seen video and bodily harm done to some of the guys i did git pics of the stage 4and5 that we sponsored  and i agree even though i wasnt able to run off with anything on the prize table ..congrats to everyone that did and really to the ones that chose the loki stuff  that was an amazing table
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#46]
When are they going to announce the winner of the 1911 that was being raffled off at the check in desk? I did not think to ask when I bought my ticket.
Link Posted: 9/6/2011 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I missed this one due to the 2 big issues most of us face. Time and money. But I have already got the all clear from the wife and have made plans at work to get what I need off. As soon as next years is announced I will be sending a check and entry. That means I will probably be able to make one other multi day trip/match which will be the Ky State at this point. Another great match in it's own right.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

When are they going to announce the winner of the 1911 that was being raffled off at the check in desk? I did not think to ask when I bought my ticket.

The custom STI pistol drawing was Saturday night at the shoot.  One of the guys in my squad won it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#49]
A little late i know, but i was watching 3 gun nation tonight and saw a big ar15.com barrier set up.

I didn't realize ar15.com sponsored this match , very cool!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top