Site Notices
10/1/2014 10:30:17 AM
Author
"Code Monkey"
Posted: 3/3/2010 12:15:17 PM
[Last Edit: 4/7/2010 9:12:27 AM by GoatBoy]
With the upcoming NRA Board Of Director vote quickly approaching, we wanted to express our thanks to those who have helped our community's voice to be heard. Several of these individuals are in need of our votes and support to ensure their continued efforts. We are asking that all voting NRA members of AR15.Com consider all of the following people when voting. This list does not include everyone who is pro-black gun, but it does include those with ties to the site and the community.

Tom King

Anyone who has ever met Tom knows his passion for the 2nd Amendment. He is also an ARFCOM member and President of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association. Tom has a lot of supporters on this site for his work in New York and with the NRA.

Pete Brownell
Another person who exudes passion for the sport to anyone who has met him. President of Brownells Inc. and active with the community on a number of levels.

Lance Olson
An active LEO and a master gunsmith. We had the pleasure of not only meeting Lance, but spending a good amount of time with him talking about the NRA and our community. He is a great guy and someone who will go to bat on the community's behalf.

Dwight Van Horn
Chairman of the NRA Action Pistol Committee, a Firearm Forensic Examiner, and a former Deputy Sheriff. He is currently working in IRAQ and has been an avid supporter of our beloved platform. A highly intelligent and passionate person and important to the NRA.

Joe Allbaugh
Former head of FEMA under President Bush. He's a strong supporter of the 2nd and of tactical rifles. An incredible asset to the NRA and to our community.

Richard Childress
The only "celebrity" candidate on the list. His name should carry votes, but we need to make sure he is elected. A big fan of the platform and an accomplished hunter. He is a huge asset to the NRA.

Graham Hill
A strong supporter of the Black Rifle community, Graham is a disabled shooter who has been recommended by the NRA Nominating Committee for election to the NRA Board. Graham has been working closely with NRA for several years and has demonstrated his support and love for the shooting sports many times in his work on NRA Committees. An avid sportsman and hunter, Graham has always been on the side of law abiding gun owners.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that ALL VOTE ELIGIBLE MEMBERS OF THIS SITE NEED TO CAST A VOTE. There are a number of great people on the ballet. The people mentioned above are valuable because of their importance to us, as a community, and to the NRA. One key fact to keep in your mind is that each one of them is an avid black rifle supporter and will be there when we need them. Many people have felt a lack of strong support for our platform over the years and we can honestly say things have changed. We must continue to be a strong voice within the NRA in order to ensure our issues are always spoken in the same breath as handguns and hunting. Each election is a chance for us to make a difference, so make sure to vote! I recommend that everyone do a little homework on all of the people running for the board to make an educated vote for those candidates they feel represent your individual goals. Don't rely on us, or anyone else, to do this for you!
You only live once, but if you live right.. once is enough.
benjio
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/3/2010 6:04:00 PM
Thanks for the info. Will the NRA send ballots to all members for us to then vote by mail? This would be my first opportunity to vote for the NRA board and I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't done it before. I'm guessing that only paying members will get to vote, eh? Last year NRA was handing out free memberships with the hope that folks would pay to re-up after the free year was over. Is it true that those free memberships do or don't get a vote?

much appreciated. cheers, Benji
Elect Doug Keller to congress now in Oregon's 1st district!!! www.keller4congress.com

I plead the 2nd...

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'
RED_5
Resident Jedi Grand Master
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/3/2010 6:07:15 PM
I'm a life member. My ballot arrived in the latest American Rifleman.

Don't forget a vote for Uncle Ted.. he's not afraid to tell people how it really is.
MIA: M/SGT James W. Holt USSF 2-7-68 SVN

"It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."
- Justice Robert H. Pa
rcoers
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/3/2010 10:53:44 PM
I'd also like to know who gets to vote. I'v been a paying memeber (although only basic) for the last few years. I've never rec'd a ballot.
There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

- Ayn Rand
RetLawman
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/3/2010 11:46:41 PM
Damn! Uncle Ted and Richard Childress? I've gotta figure out how to vote. I got into the free membership thing last year but don't remember seeing a ballot in my magazine....I'll check again. I would hope that the "free" members are included because I was gonna pay to re-up.
benjio
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/4/2010 12:50:31 AM
I'm a paying member and have not seen a ballot yet...
Elect Doug Keller to congress now in Oregon's 1st district!!! www.keller4congress.com

I plead the 2nd...

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'
femgungirl
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:09:41 PM
tagged
Be sure that you only participate in threads approved by the Ministry of Public Security.
jnk556
Modern Day Hillbilly!
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:11:12 PM
I am on the easy pay life thing, but I didn't get a ballot, so it must be just for the full LIFE members. Although, I should be coming up on 5 yrs soon anyways....
When you come to WV, it's run what you brung, and if it's a 30-06 for squirrels, the more fun!!

ARFCOM has been the cause and solution to all of my financial problems.......{Subnet}
silentmajority
I'll keep my guns, you can keep the 'Change'
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/30/2010 11:39:54 AM
Sarah Palin needs to be on the ballot
I think I am going to write her in using the spaces on the back of the ballot.
BOHICA Bend Over Here It Comes America
كافر
In the '60's, people took acid to make the world look weird. Now the world IS weird and people take Prozac to make it look normal.
Chesh97
si vis pacem, para bellum
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/9/2010 7:50:44 AM

Originally Posted By jnk556:
I am on the easy pay life thing, but I didn't get a ballot, so it must be just for the full LIFE members. Although, I should be coming up on 5 yrs soon anyways....

Should have had your "cousin" Bill sponsor you for the $300 life membership
*** NRA Life Member***

Originally Posted By GabbasaurusRex:
The feeling of an entire wetsuit up my asscrack? No thank you.
Does anyone really think they're going to deflect bullets with their cooter?
Chesh97
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/9/2010 7:52:34 AM
[Last Edit: 4/9/2010 7:53:21 AM by Chesh97]

Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

Richard Childress
The only "celebrity" candidate on the list. His name should carry votes, but we need to make sure he is elected. A big fan of the platform and an accomplished hunter. He is a huge asset to the NRA.

WTF Goatboy... No love for Karl Malone, Uncle Ted

but a former Nascar driver pfffttt
*** NRA Life Member***

Chesh97
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/9/2010 11:04:30 AM

Originally Posted By DirectAction:
Uncle Ted normally receives the highest vote count...regardless of endorsement.

Karl Malone is a long time serving Board Member who again has a wide appeal.

Those mentioned have ties to ARFCOM, are members here and/or have proven track records in defense of the EBR.

As I have mentioned numerous times, read all of the biographies closely - choose whichever candidate you believe will advocate your particular point of view.

Joe

I pulled the lever for all the above, and added uncle ted & johhny Nugent from IN
*** NRA Life Member***

RED_5
Resident Jedi Grand Master
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/9/2010 11:24:22 AM
Put mine in the mail earlier this week
MIA: M/SGT James W. Holt USSF 2-7-68 SVN

"It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."
- Justice Robert H. Pa