Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2017 5:57:42 PM EDT
I just bought one of these LINK in 300 Win Mag and I am thinking of blue printing the action. Is it worth it and who does the best work if so? I'm kinda an AR guy, never done much bolt gun stuff. Im about to get a McMillan too. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't mess with it until you are ready to change barrels  You will need barrel work done in addition if you mess with the action dimensions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
There are plenty of smiths who do amazing work on Remington's. I've been very happy with Short Action Customs work personally.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah, I think I'm gonna wait on that until, its something I need to do. Thanks guys for the responses.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot it some then buy a new rifle. Once you rebarrel and restock and add magazines and everything people do you're better off just buying.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:29:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#6]
Marc at Short Action Customs can do it, as well as a bunch of different bolt gunsmiths.  He can cut off about a quarter-inch from the rear of the barrel, move the barrel lug shoulder forward, and re-chamber it so it doesn't have such a long throat.

Do the work, shoot out the OEM barrel, go custom the next go-round.

This is a 100-yard, ten-shot group using hand loads (44 Varget, 168 Sierra Match Kings) and the Leupold M3LR 10X scope in the above photo:

Stock 700V barrel, cut .25 off the back end and re-chambered. Action blueprinted and trued. Bedded in an H-S Varmint (probably an inch and a half forward of the Tubb or Badger lug, I forget which and am too lazy to track down the log book).

Rifle has a CG X-treme trigger.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top