Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 3:38:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rybo22]
Hey all,

Just finished an awesome .308 AR build which a more knowledgeable on the subject of .308 AR friend  helped me do. I realized when we first put the 15.6" handgaurd on he had the screw holes at 3 and 9 o'clock which we fixed. But now the handguard has the 9 small holes at the bottom instead of the top. This is not the handguard with the other screws i can just take apart from the side... My question is what do I need to do to get the tube off turn it 180 degrees so the holes are on the right side for a BUIS on top and the Atlas bipod i have on the bottom. The rails that go on top and bottom are much different size and with the .308 I want to make sure they are firm. I started to loosen the 4 allen screws within the tube but was worried it was attached to something else. I got them out far enough and turned on the tube but it did not come off.  When my buddy realized  he put it on sideways originally it only took him 5 minutes (unfortunately I wasnt watching) to unscrew and turn the handgaurd. I need to do this again so the top rail attachments line up with the reciever and the bottom has a strong enough rail for the bipod.

Everything I look up is the JP rail with the screws on the outside going around the barrel nut or bottom of the handgaurd which is not the case for me.

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers.

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you read the installation instructions from JP?

JP Rifles

Normally, JP rails install like this:
Red Loctite the rail base onto your receiver, let sit overnight
Install barrel and barrel nut, torque
Rail slides onto rail base, 6 or so torx/hex screws hold it on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top