Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 7:49:42 PM EDT
I found a cheap beat up sako AV in .375 H&H Magnum.  I was thinking about getting a new McMillian stock for it and then putting a 300 RUM or 338 RUM barrel on it.  I know the action works for this but how about the magazine and feed.  Is there anything else I would need to buy or change before I give it to a gun smith to make?  Thanks for the answers and help.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunsmith might need to open the bolt face as there is a .002 difference in spec case rim diameter from what I'm reading but otherwise looking at the COAL and rim diameters, nope, should be fine. You should be good to go with mag feeding if you keep them inside 3.6". That might affect your ability to use some of the more radical VLD's with magazine feed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok cool, thanks for the reply
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top