Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2016 10:55:25 AM EDT
My young son is a lefty.  I purchased a Rem 700 lefty. He really likes a Hunter stock I have on on of my righty 700's.  Looking at the stock, I could route the opposite site for the bolt rest, but am I missing anything else?  I'm not seeing anything that particularly jumps out at me, but I'm not a smith.  

If I add bottom metal, will the Magpul mag's feed ok?

Looking to the ARFCOM experts for advise.

Before asked:

The kid likes 700's

Yes, he can shoot a righty but this will be his rifle so he got what he likes

Yes, we have looked at other options including stockysstocks.com.  He wants (if possible) a Hunter Stock.

Thank you all for any input.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see why not, the trouble would be keeping a good angle on the cut out for the bolt, and a spot just Infront of the ejection port/action will you be doing it by hand or with a milling machine?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeadRX:

I don't see why not, the trouble would be keeping a good angle on the cut out for the bolt, and a spot just Infront of the ejection port/action will you be doing it by hand or with a milling machine?
View Quote

By hand.  I've been looking at it, now not so sure I can pull it off.  I have a smith here locally; I may ask him if he's willing to take on the project.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Any updates on this project?  I'm thinking of tackling it myself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
No updates.  Planning on having a buddy help me after the holidays.  Not sure what to expect but I've been told its doable.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top